weedmasta

Vehicle Flipping

I remember this script written by some mapmaker who made racing maps (the script was for OFP and a long time ago hence me not remembering the mapmakers name) which gave you a menu option to flip a vehicle to its upright position if it has been flipped over or to its side.

I would think it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate a script like this for vehicles in Dayz, especially vehicles that flip over easily like the ATV for example.

I remember this script written by some mapmaker who made racing maps (the script was for OFP and a long time ago hence me not remembering the mapmakers name) which gave you a menu option to flip a vehicle to its upright position if it has been flipped over or to its side.

I would think it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate a script like this for vehicles in Dayz' date=' especially vehicles that flip over easily like the ATV for example.

[/quote']

Yes please. There are a few to choose from that are plug and play:

http://wiki.rustyinplaces.org/article/ArmA_2_Mission_Creating_-_ATV_Flip

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/script-bin/170653-script-vehicle-flip-script.html

At the moment ATVs require more care to drive than is ideal, especially given some of Arma 2s quirkier physics. e.g. I went over a bridge on the coast road last night that appeared perfectly flat (just a normal part of the road) at full speed on ATV. Half way across I was 5 meter up in the air flipping end over end. Luckily I had a buddy with another vehicle to push the ATV back over or that would be *another* ATV I would have to leave by the side of the road for the lack of this simple script.

Yes that would be use full I yesterday got a ATV and flipped it on the first bump after 2 hour part searching :[ I cant think of any reason why this is not already in the game.

Maybe they could add a script where if you flip over heavier vehichles you need more people to flip it back upright?

Say 1 for the ATV, maybe 2 or 3 for cars and maybe 5 for the big trucks? (and 7 for the bus).

Driving along on an ATV hit the side of a railway track and do a triple flip in the air and somehow land on all four wheels, woah. Driving it along Balota airfield, accidentally clip the side of a building and the ATV does a flip onto its back. RIP Mr. ATV.

Just got my first ATV, within 20 minutes, It's on it's side and I'm almost dead with broken bones. Please fix soon!

Maybe they could add a script where if you flip over heavier vehichles you need more people to flip it back upright?

Say 1 for the ATV' date=' maybe 2 or 3 for cars and maybe 5 for the big trucks? (and 7 for the bus).

[/quote']

Are you kidding, I flip buses with one hand IRL.