10 replies to this topic

#1 weedmasta

weedmasta

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1462 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I remember this script written by some mapmaker who made racing maps (the script was for OFP and a long time ago hence me not remembering the mapmakers name) which gave you a menu option to flip a vehicle to its upright position if it has been flipped over or to its side.

I would think it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate a script like this for vehicles in Dayz, especially vehicles that flip over easily like the ATV for example.

#2 billw

billw

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I remember this script written by some mapmaker who made racing maps (the script was for OFP and a long time ago hence me not remembering the mapmakers name) which gave you a menu option to flip a vehicle to its upright position if it has been flipped over or to its side.

I would think it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate a script like this for vehicles in Dayz, especially vehicles that flip over easily like the ATV for example.

Yes please. There are a few to choose from that are plug and play:

http://wiki.rustyinp...ting_-_ATV_Flip

http://www.tacticalg...lip-script.html

At the moment ATVs require more care to drive than is ideal, especially given some of Arma 2s quirkier physics. e.g. I went over a bridge on the coast road last night that appeared perfectly flat (just a normal part of the road) at full speed on ATV. Half way across I was 5 meter up in the air flipping end over end. Luckily I had a buddy with another vehicle to push the ATV back over or that would be *another* ATV I would have to leave by the side of the road for the lack of this simple script.

#3 DietTaco

DietTaco

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

YES
Just found an ATV, hid it in a pine tree, waiting for it to flip over soon...

#4 LAUVz

LAUVz

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Yes that would be use full I yesterday got a ATV and flipped it on the first bump after 2 hour part searching :[ I cant think of any reason why this is not already in the game.

#5 ineedferrets

ineedferrets

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Maybe they could add a script where if you flip over heavier vehichles you need more people to flip it back upright?
Say 1 for the ATV, maybe 2 or 3 for cars and maybe 5 for the big trucks? (and 7 for the bus).

#6 Womb Raider

Womb Raider

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

Driving along on an ATV hit the side of a railway track and do a triple flip in the air and somehow land on all four wheels, woah. Driving it along Balota airfield, accidentally clip the side of a building and the ATV does a flip onto its back. RIP Mr. ATV.

#7 unholylv

unholylv

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

For ATV's and bike's must have!

#8 Grober

Grober

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Project Reality Arma 2 have a nice option of flipping vechicles

#9 gibbonofdoom

gibbonofdoom

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Just got my first ATV, within 20 minutes, It's on it's side and I'm almost dead with broken bones. Please fix soon!

#10 Lawrence

Lawrence

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Flipping is good, but it should definitely be scaled by people (need many for bus etc.)Also, they cant be bleeding/pained/broken legs to be able to flip

#11 Russianism

Russianism

Woodland Warrior

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Maybe they could add a script where if you flip over heavier vehichles you need more people to flip it back upright?
Say 1 for the ATV, maybe 2 or 3 for cars and maybe 5 for the big trucks? (and 7 for the bus).

Are you kidding, I flip buses with one hand IRL.