#1 Friendly1337

Friendly1337

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

I am here to warn you all so you won't lose your precious vehicle like me.

After being very lucky I found a broken ATV which i managed to repair within something like 2 hours. But the ride did not last for long.
I wanted to take a break from playing and therefor i needed to find a place to hide the thing. I headed north to Pobeda Dam and i wanted to cross the Dam.

And here is the problem : When you try to cross the dam with a vehile there is something like an invisible ramp / ascent and when
you drive 'cross it you can't go back nor can you drive forward anymore. I had quite some speed and i flew a few meters with the ATV and we got stuck
Posted Image

When i tried to use the reverse gear it felt like driving against an invisible wall and the ATV went head over heels ...
Btw ..is there no way to turn your damn ATV around ?! Must be kidding me .. No way to save it ..

Posted Image

Wasted 2 hours for looking for repair pieces just to get 5 minutes of driving around :(

In this moment, death was the only way out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rffqFeKmZGs&feature=youtu.be

#2 KField86

KField86

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

This has been the case since the mod was released pretty much.
DayZNamalsk - (0.55/98220) - (Daytime only during prime hours) - (Veteran|3D:ON|CH:ON) - Hosted by HGC | Vilayer.com (Search for HGC) Fixes in place. Active admins. No combat loggers or hacking. Come have fun on Namalsk!

#3 Taylor_Hizzle

Taylor_Hizzle

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Dont drive across bridges with atv's its a known bug theyre just too damn light.
N dont feel to bad your definetly not the first this has happend to
  • Friendly1337 gave their beans
[ESQD] Elite Squad

#4 Flip316

Flip316

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

u actually can cross the bridge with other kinds of vehicles. its the atv bugging. same happens on other bridges and piers.
but theres a way to flip back. just can take a lot of time.
youtube has several unflip videos :)

#5 DragonboySX

DragonboySX

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Found an ATV abandoned on that dam. Took a car and pushed it off. Then tried to flip it upright and it flew up in the air and exploded when it hit the ground. After the server restarted it was back fully repaired and upright. I tend to just avoid the dam completely now with vehicles. They don't like it very much. Even the larger ones make crashing noises when crossing it.

#6 c4mpfire

c4mpfire

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationOKC

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Lol I did the same thing on a ATV. Filled it up with gear I raided from a camp, tried crossing the dam and flipped it, blew up the ATV lost it and all my gear .... all I could do was laugh
It was my longest played character 15 days played :(

#7 Brightbull

Brightbull

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Look at it from the bright side, at least a hacker didn't teleport you and the ATV to some place, but instead the game took it. lol
System Administrator at CraftYourBox LLC

#8 intheshadows

intheshadows

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

i just lost my UAZ trying to cross it, i had only put wheels on it, and put some fuel in, so the rest was fragile, was going really slowly too... another dayz lesson learned : /

#9 bad_mojo

bad_mojo

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2388 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I rode across the dam with a bicycle, took forever to get across. I'll never take another vehicle on it.

#10 flex77

flex77

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

don't use a light blue font you fucking idiot
  • Fapnapkin gave their beans

#11 Chabowski

Chabowski

Neeps & Tatties

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Think I flip my ATV atleast twice a day. Getting the bitch back on her feet is an artform (reversing in circles while steering toward the sky usually does it after a couple of minutes)
Live and learn though
ALSO. If you find a scrambler (motorbike) DON'T run over Zeds whatever you do, 2-3 hits of anything (hedges, fences etc.) and your wheels will be gone!

I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they fight for hopeless causes.
Honour? Huh! Honour's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one.

#12 AlcApwn

AlcApwn

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

don't use a light blue font you fucking idiot

he was so in tears from his 17s video with that sad music :(

The gamma thing is not exactly cheating, the term is exploiting. You exploit a video setting to give you an advantage. The only people that defend that are the exploiters.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dayz, vehicle, Pobeda Dam