Pallidum

Server Hosting quick FAQ

Hi

Is it possible for me to setup a server for a closed community? We have about ~1500 people on a Wireless Mesh (WUG - wireless user group) and want to setup a server for internal WLAN play only. The server will have sufficient internet access for patches, management, etc but the player based limited to the internal IP range only.

Please let me know.

Regards

Jeeva

Hi

Is it possible for me to setup a server for a closed community? We have about ~1500 people on a Wireless Mesh (WUG - wireless user group) and want to setup a server for internal WLAN play only. The server will have sufficient internet access for patches' date=' management, etc but the player based limited to the internal IP range only.

Please let me know.

Regards

Jeeva

[/quote']

No sorry, at this time all DayZ servers must be usuable by anyone on the internet so private LANs are not allowed at this time.

Does Arma server support dual cpus?

In that case, I might be able to get a computer with that type of performance.

Something like this:

2 Intel® Xeon® Six-Core Processor X5650 (2.66 GHz, 12 MB cache)

6-32GB (1333 MHz memory)

500GB 7.2k / SSD 256GB 2-5xx RW

I just need to improve my network connection, though expensive and high bandwidth connections are slightly hard to come by here (Norway). Since some experts think that 50Mbits are enough for us people... But, I'll come back to that later. Just need some feedback on the specs, if it is deemed acceptable. I feel it can get the job done, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

:angel:

Hi there,

I have purchased a server that meets the requirement base on OP's stated requirements, how long does it take usually before any of the server admins could reply and provide the necessary instructions/information to get started?

Where I'm coming from, my country don't even got a single host on this yet and we got a growing community who's loving DayZ so I'm hoping to get the server up and running soon.

Can anyone advise?

I also have a server waiting for dayz, I'm curious how long it takes to get a response with the new sign up system.

edit: typo

Edited by dazoe

I also have a server waiting on Support Reply.

I'm running it on Linux however (Custom Setup).

Would be much obliged if support can make a timely response!

I also have a server waiting on Support Reply.

I'm running it on Linux however (Custom Setup).

Would be much obliged if support can make a timely response!

Linux isn't supported.

Also

Can we get some kind of update on the forums to make sure that Instance ID requests are still being looked over? Just as an overall general response so we know that you guys are still handing out Instance ID's. Im sure this would help calm the community impatience dramatically

I think you guys should modify the system so that we have to select pre-approved processors and RAM and HDD configurations as well as datacenter locations.

Edited by xbamaris

Linux isn't supported.

Also

Can we get some kind of update on the forums to make sure that Instance ID requests are still being looked over? Just as an overall general response so we know that you guys are still handing out Instance ID's. Im sure this would help calm the community impatience dramatically

I think you guys should modify the system so that we have to select pre-approved processors and RAM and HDD configurations as well as datacenter locations.

Not supported =/= Doesn't work on ;)

Yes, I have it working on Linux, I'm just waiting on Hive approval...

Not supported =/= Doesn't work on ;)

Yes, I have it working on Linux, I'm just waiting on Hive approval...

in/out stream redirected to terminal & gui disabled ? aka no xserv needed ?

X11 is still required AFAIK. Don't think there will be any other way of doing it.

well you need to patch the server executable for this ofc, but its defnitly doable

Are these new server requirements approved by rocket? Is there an official statement? The requirements are so unnecessarily high that I find it hard to believe that someone with server hosting experience would write this. Is DayZ team trying to get rid of non-commercial hosters? I'm getting Battlefield/Call of Duty vibes.

Yes, it works best with a fast quad core cpu, but it shouldn't be a requirement. You can easily run a 40 slot server with a > 3.5GHz dual core, especially now with improved server performance. I tested a 3.8GHz Core2Duo with 1.7.5, so if anything it is even more viable now.

8GB RAM? Never seen ArmA2 server exceed 2GB RAM usage.

500 IOPS drive. Seriously? After the server has started and the mission file loaded there is barely any HDD activity. This one is completely ridiculous.

100Mbit connection is pretty useful, although my test show that with 50 players online there were no bandwidth spikes over 40Mbit. I would say 50Mbit is the minimum to be safe.

What are you lacking on? If it's CPU, I guarantee you, you need a beefy one. It's not DayZ requiring this, its ARMA2.

:nono:

Installation

We recommend using 2 GHz machine, with 512 MB RAM and a 1 Mbps upload network bandwidth.

ArmA: You need either a Microsoft Windows 2000/XP or Linux computer to run an ArmA dedicated server.

Arma 2: You need a Microsoft Windows XP/2000/Vista/2008/Seven computer to run an Arma 2 dedicated server, yet a version of Linux server is also available.

i'D love to see some information on how to join the Server Admin IRC ..

cant find a link or instructions on http://support.dayzmod.com

Edited by azunai

Question, I am lucky as I have a fiber line with 20/15 and static IP. Is that sufficient. Its a Business LSA. ?

Hey I am wondering if I can run a server for my clan,

Specs

Intel Xeon Six Core at 2.66 Ghz x 2 (Dual CPU) XD

128 GB 1333 Mhz Ram

8 TB 10k RPM Sata

43 Mbps down / 33 Mbps up

2080042035.png

hello all

i need help ... tell mi if is possible host online private server or not private from my house

http://www.speedtest.../2091745424.png <--- my speed network

3.33 ghz

i7 Extreme

3 gtx 480 SLI

MB: Evga X58 4 way sli

12 GB ram gt dominator triple chanel

tell me if i can host plz ??!!

thx for helping by reply

see ya

where is server files?

Edited by lassisauteuse