nucleqrwinter@gmail.com

Debug monitor will be gone in 1.7.3 !

Why not add a mouseover tooltip to this part of the interface? If the dev's can fit it in. Some of this information is pretty important to the players.

• Like 1

Im sure it was line of code, how many lines of code is it let females wear camo? Opportunity cost, i'll highlight the log changes in 2.5 for no apparent reason. Game is rife with bugs and he removes the debug monitor, the only real way of judging bp, temp, humanity, whether zombies are spawning properly and wnether that guy i shot 15 times in the faced died r logged.

Im not making out like the change took resources from something else but removing the debug in alpha... seriously? Now when my humanity swings randomly, or when logging causes my BP to vary i just have to act like it was divine intervention. Why remove the proper logs admins have whilst hacking is rife?

Some of his steps in development have been poor, its alpha we know but that is a good reason to keep certain stats viewable until the game is more stable.

Just so you know... a hacker disabled my debug monitor the other day so it obviously doesn't take much of anything at all to turn it off.

edit: And for those freaking out. All Rocket said was the debug monitor would be gone. He didn't say anything else and for all we know the HUD changed a bit to show kills/murders etc. Again, this community freaks out over something small without thinking.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

Lets remove the monitor and have a key to bring it up. That way you can check it sporadically, just like the in game map.

Probably the worse idea I have read yet. As somebody said, I wanted more stats also. Distance ran would be a good one and they just want to get rid of it? In Real life you could confirm a kill and now you won't be able to...GG.Dumbest mod update idea of 2012.

Please think about how you would confirm a kill IRL and then think about how the debug monitor relates to that. Then go ahead and delete your post... <_<

Um, because if you shot somebody in real life you would see them fall down? In a game like this you rely on that. Now you won't know if people alt+ f4 or not. ya, really awesome jackass. Sure you can go check their body, but if you shot somebody and you got the kill, but their body disappeared, how will you know? Take out alt + f4 and aborts and problem solved. Until then, you can't remove this...Well, they shouldn't.

And by removing this, what does this add for the game?

Edited by Ajvkorn

as usual, everyone is going ballistic before we even see what it's all about

and as usual, everyone is so used to playing a certain way, they can't imagine changing it

I reckon the less info the better. Should get rid of the kill confirms while they're at it. Less distracting info the better.

Please think about how you would confirm a kill IRL and then think about how the debug monitor relates to that. Then go ahead and delete your post... <_<

...because in real life they can't log out when they get shot? Otherwise Osama would of screamed hacker when he heard multiple helicopters landing in his backyard and screamed "Allah akbar" over side channel then just logged out and played on a private hive so that his humanity would be reset.

The only reason I like the murder count is because it is a good indication you killed the person you were shooting at, if my murder tally doesn't go up and the person disappeared I have tendency to log out myself because history has told me that I'm about to be ghosted.

I reckon the less info the better. Should get rid of the kill confirms while they're at it. Less distracting info the better.

If 3 words distract you I don't think this is the game for you... how do you manage to drive in real life?

Edited by Mastiff
  • Like 1

There had better be some other ways for us to tell what's going on with our character's body.

I think of it like we all have congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis. In other words, we can't feel pain, we can't feel hunger, we can't feel thirst, and we can't feel temperature. It's as if our nerves don't work in terms of the relationship between the character and the player.

We cannot feel what our character feels, and therefore have to rely on cues from the HUD and debug monitor for information.

This is a seriously bad decision if there isn't some sort of better improvement and will remove a layer of immersion from DayZ.

Um, because if you shot somebody in real life you would see them fall down? In a game like this you rely on that. Now you won't know if people alt+ f4 or not. ya, really awesome jackass. Sure you can go check their body, but if you shot somebody and you got the kill, but their body disappeared, how will you know? Take out alt + f4 and aborts and problem solved. Until then, you can't remove this...Well, they shouldn't.

And by removing this, what does this add for the game?

If you shoot someone and they fall down, you don't know if they are dead until you go and check their body - realistic / authentic.

If you shoot someone and they fall down and disappear through alt-f4, why does it matter if you killed them or not? They are gone so you cannot loot their stuff so why does it matter? If you just kill people to get the kill counts then you are the type of person that is ruining the game and I'm glad you will have a hard time keeping track of your kills now.

On the topic of blood and other stats. Blood level is fairly easy to tell approximately by the way everything loses colour as you lose blood. I am confident that I will be able to tell when I am at about 9K or less. However, I am also colourblind (red/orange and green) and I would love for there to be a colourblind mode where all of the icons go from green to blue rather than green to red. Fortunately, the green and red that they use at the moment aren't the shades that I particularly have problems with but it is still quite difficult to see smaller changes.

Overall, I am glad that the debug monitor is leaving as it increases immersion and authenticity of the game. I have recently started playing only on servers with no third person and it is so much more immersive. It feels much more like you are the character, rather than you are just observing your character from a third person perspective. I think removing the debug monitor will increase this effect. Rather than just being able to read how much blood your character has, you will have to judge how much blood you have from the colour of your vision.

I would quite like third person to be removed entirely as it is practically a cheat that allows you to see around corners and over walls, etc. It is rather unfair that someone can see you around a corner without ever having to properly look around. Yes, it is more difficult to play in just first person (like crawling in grass) but I enjoy the challenge and it is authentic. That is a topic for a different discussion though.

Edited by NickMackz

If you shoot someone and they fall down and disappear through alt-f4, why does it matter if you killed them or not? They are gone so you cannot loot their stuff so why does it matter? I

...because there is another aspect of the game that they haven't "fixed" yet which allows someone to log out, move onto another server into a suitable position and log back onto the one you were on and kill you.

This is why the murder count is extremely useful, I've been ghosted before and I learnt my lesson from now on when I shoot at someone and they log I usually log myself unless I can confirm that they were killed... I don't feel like having my hard work done by someone who was "exploiting" the system. If they turned round and shot me then so be it we both played legit but no...

I'll refer to it again, when hacking is at its absolute peak at the moment what does Rocket do? He minimises the amount a server admin can see in the server logs... why? No one knows

...because there is another aspect of the game that they haven't "fixed" yet which allows someone to log out, move onto another server into a suitable position and log back onto the one you were on and kill you.

This is why the murder count is extremely useful, I've been ghosted before and I learnt my lesson from now on when I shoot at someone and they log I usually log myself unless I can confirm that they were killed... I don't feel like having my hard work done by someone who was "exploiting" the system. If they turned round and shot me then so be it we both played legit but no...

I'll refer to it again, when hacking is at its absolute peak at the moment what does Rocket do? He minimises the amount a server admin can see in the server logs... why? No one knows

The problem with logging out whilst in combat is quite a major one and now that you have explained yourself better, I see why it can be useful for that. I wish people would calm down and explain themselves better when they post (not just directed at you). However, this is a problem that needs to be solved separately with a logout timer or similar, rather than using the debug monitor as a workaround for confirmation.

Whilst I see a lot of complaints about hacking and how it is worst at the moment, I have yet to be a victim of it. I'm guessing that this is either just luck, or all the hackers are on American servers (which I don't play on). I have been playing for a few weeks, but not much in the last couple of weeks due to other things.

• Like 1

Debug monitor had some great ups and downs; as a bandit I liked recording my murders; but it's not a great loss if it can contribute to less banditery overall (everyone's a bandit nowadays).

The problem is that the current UI is seriously flawed; the game is about feeling authentic.

Some fixes:

Make temperature go from Bright Red through gray to Bright Blue: Introduce overheating (3x Water usage and sloppy aiming and driving + passout chance) and more clothes with different "heat values".

Make color on health go from bright green through gray to dark red.

Also introduce arrows "V" to the sides of each status symbol when they are changing. Food and water would have always 1 arrow, when you run, you get two arrows for drink etc. Bleeding should give two or three down arrows to the health monitor; infection one.

Food and water icons are fine.

Voila: Fixed

The whole point of these incremental patches should be that they are on an upward curve. Removing the ability to know how much food you need to get back to to full health to some nebulous colour change is a backwards step.

Include a small blood % or number inside the symbol or have the debug monitor as an option to toggle.

My only issue is a humanity monitor. I can deal without everything else

Servers, such ours, admins can check that information for you on a request.

Granted it's not as handy anymore, but works well for us.

Guy1 on TS: Admin, what's my humanity?

Admin1 on TS: Hold on, I'll check.

~ Some seconds later ~

Admin1 on TS: 4200, nice going mate, you're getting there!

Guy1 on TS: Cheers.

• Like 1