nucleqrwinter@gmail.com

Debug monitor will be gone in 1.7.3 !

Kinda want to try Dark Souls out too, I guess this is the best thing to do right now, playing other games until shit gets better or the standalone comes out.

Exactly.

I like it! Like has been said though the only issue i see is that you may not realise how low on blood you are - but i assume the stats can be brought up with a button?

I think in the end ALL the onscreen icons will go. You will just have to judge how visible and audible you are. Thirst and Hunger can be simulated by sounds - swallowing for thirst, belly rumbles for hunger? Temperature effects by shivering?

Now if they could just get rid of the zombie spawn psychic phenomena. You should have to scope out towns for players and not rely on seeing zombies to know there is someone around.

• Like 1

Yup, that's what I think Rocket said. He wants to reduce the HUD the most he can, obviously it does have downsides but then again DayZ has been the game that doesn't care about the rules and shows everybody that you don't need to do the same shit over and over so far, so let's just show these big companies that you don't even need a shiny HUD!

IRL I can see your splattered skull. So I dont have to go close to see if you are dead. Stop talking nonsense about realism. There is none. Even ballistics isnt realistic. I am not even talking about being able to run forever and repairing helis in 30 sec and carrying rotor heads. Come on.

So when shooting someone in the scrub who falls behind a tree or bush or rock many hundreds of metres away in the bush , or even behind a building in a town..you can see that they are dead ? Chances are you may have missed them and they are prone, waiting or just wounded and bandaging, morphining and eating some food. Since you do not get the instant kill stat, you just will not know that they are dead.

I suppose if you are an as50 type of guy then you just take it for granted that the toe shot killed them anyway, but if you are not..it can make things interesting.

The temp thing ..since the temp was ditched from the debug you need to carry a heat pack, i use mine about the same time it takes for the food or water icon to start flashing. Either that ,or everytime i run across one from a dead zed or in a structure i pick it up and use it immediately, they are as common as fuck so why not ?

Edited by Hetstaine

There needs to be some indication when you're below 9k blood and can be knocked unconscious by a zombie. The colour saturation thing is only good at 10k+ blood, anything below and it's pretty hard to tell how close to death you are - something that I would imagine is quite easy to self diagnose in the real world.

In my opinion this makes the game a lot more intresting.

as in a gear grind that leads to nowhere

yay

This is fucking retarded.

Rocket also stated he wants to basically get away from any exact info whatsoever in the HUD(via the latest reddit post).

If I wanted to play a game where I knew nothing about my player state i'd play fucking...well i'd play nothing because it's a stupid fucking idea.

• Like 2

why do you need 12k?

if you are seen first you are dead. only thing thats gonna save u is how bad the adversary is, not if you have 10k or 12k

Completely untrue. Not even all snipers will get off a headshot first shot.

But it BECOMES true with this stupid fucking change since you'll be rolling around sub 12k and vulnerable to single body shot kills.

This change will have the net effect of "forcing" everyone to fill every single inventory slot with consumables, since over-eating/medicating will be the only method to stave off needless death, thus limiting our choice and fun.

Edited by Diz
  • Like 1

Meat is very easy to come by *EXCEPT WHEN YOU ACTUALLY NEED IT*

If you know you've been hit a few times, just eat as much meat as you deem necessary

*And with this change* you're always going to be carrying 8 steaks around at all times

FTFY

Granted, in real life you don't have some magical quantitative measure of your health that you are always aware of. But on the flip side, if you take a hit you probably have some idea of just how badly it hurt you.

As an indicator of blood level, it would be cool IMO if your exact blood level was briefly displayed after taking damage, but would quickly go away (think of how long you have to see where you are when you first spawn in, or less). It would be up to you to be attentive to have a decent idea of where you are at, blood-wise, without the need to have it displayed prominently at all times. This allows you to see how much damage each hit did to you, but then after that it would be up to you to remember and/or rely on the in-game signs of blood-loss to figure out your health. I suppose when bleeding out it would be flashing pretty often, so it would need to be displayed in a minimalist fashion to not look too obtrusive, or perhaps even forego completely any indication of bleeding/starving damage (other than the obviously visible in-game signs...).Just a thought.

Overall, I like the idea of getting rid of the monitor.

why do you need 12k?

if you are seen first you are dead. only thing thats gonna save u is how bad the adversary is, not if you have 10k or 12k

The fact that I like to make sure that I have full blood so I don't get one-hit by a zombie. When you're under 9k, you can be put unconscious. An I like to keep blood as high as possible so I can take a few hits before going unconscious.

Can't wait - This will contribute greatly to the immersion of this mod.

Edited by IsActuallyDolan
  • Like 6

Bad idea is bad nothing more needs to be said. Hopefully rocket sees the outcry and will adjust accordingly perhaps making it a server flag or something to be adjusted.

Edited by Raven-Actual

Bad idea is bad nothing more needs to be said. Hopefully rocket sees the outcry and will adjust accordingly perhaps making it a server flag or something to be adjusted.

Damn..the conversation is over... do you seriously think this post will influence Rocket one iota ? Have you not followed the direction the game has been taking since the start and where it is going ? Handholding is not on Rockets list , that is why are lot of us are here.

• Like 2

Can't wait - This will contribute greatly to the immersion of this mod.

Not for me it won't. There are lots of things that can/need to be done to this game to improve immersion, removing the hud sure as hell ain't one of them and is a pathetic attempt to do so.

Oh my god this forum is full of so many whiners.

Considering the "I don't know how many blood I have" QQ:

You don't know how many blood is in your body right now, do you? Sure an average number is out there but when you hurt yourself you won't be able to say: "I just list 2,343 litres of my blood." You would just feel bad and might lose concious. And that is what happens in the game. When you see that you are not at full colour anymore just eat until it does not get better.

And if there is a sniper with a .50cal waiting at the NWAF for you; there is no difference what so ever if you have 10k or 12k. A shot to the body will either kill you instantly or knock you unconscious so the bandit can take the kill shot. No difference there.

The "I can't keep track of my kills"-QQ:

First of all, if you want just to keep track of your kills use a notepad IN REAL LIFE. That is how I mark things on the map, writing down the coordinates on a little piece of paper. Sometimes i sketch the grid square to not lose vehicles. So do that if you want. There is no need to implement a notepad in the game.

And there is no reason this game should give you an indicator if you succesfully killed a guy. It doesn't happen in real life. If you want to know, go ahead and look for the dead body. If you are a bandit and you kill for supplies, that is the risk you have to take.

Rocket said that he wants to go away from all those HUD things. If you are cold, you will move slower or shake. If you are sick, you cough. If you are hungry your stomach will have a growling stomach. So deal with these changes.

• Like 5

Well what about food and drink? I heard something about you will have to hear you stomach rumble if you're hungry [not sure about water] and I think that is good in a way but is really fucking stupid in another.

Good: realistic.

Bad: So now I'm not allowed to play external music up all the way whilst playing DayZ?

Well what about food and drink? I heard something about you will have to hear you stomach rumble if you're hungry [not sure about water] and I think that is good in a way but is really fucking stupid in another.

Good: realistic.

Bad: So now I'm not allowed to play external music up all the way whilst playing DayZ?

Yes it is forbidden to play music while playing DayZ. Rocket himself will enforce it by flicking your ears everytime you do it.

Of coourse you are allowed to do it, you just have to deal with the consequences. And please don't whine later about it here in the forums when you didn't hear the zombie or bandit behind you...

I actually dont see what the problem is..

I dont need to know any of the information on the debug monitor because lets face it.. 9k blood or 12k blood if someone sees you first your the one likely to come off dead.. But just incase it doesnt play out like that, whats the problem with just getting someone to give you a blood transfusion every other hour or something??

I dont need a number to tell me when im low on blood i can see from the saturarion in the screen when i have less than 12k blood, all those of you who cant obviously dont pay enough attention to the colours.

Infact all those moaning about wanting the debug monitor to stay are obviously the softer generation of players who cant deal without their hand being held through games.

As for the temperature monitor, ive never once needed it. if you payed attention when it was on you would of noticed that if you stay active and run you wont get cold abd it very rarely dropped that much anyway.. What i do now is just use one as soon as i find one as they are plentiful and i dont want to be carrying one around with me using up my space.

Seriously tho.. Why cant you just try it before thinking you all know best??

• Like 1

Still reloading axes.

For me it's gotten to the point that it would feel weird not to reload them :P

Reminds me of the shotgun shovel scene in Scary Movie 3.

• Like 1

Yes it is forbidden to play music while playing DayZ. Rocket himself will enforce it by flicking your ears everytime you do it.

Of coourse you are allowed to do it, you just have to deal with the consequences. And please don't whine later about it here in the forums when you didn't hear the zombie or bandit behind you...

I've been playing DayZ with external music for months now, and I haven't complained about zombies nor MURDERERS.

I like this idea, it will separate the so called "CoD kids" and those who enjoy the actual realism(I'm using this term very loosely) of the game. But then again, I'd like to see more back and forth between the community and the developers about the changes and maybe ask our opinions every once in a while. For now it's tolerable since it's a mod that supposedly hasn't made Rocket any money, but players being left in the dark until right before an update won't fly in the stand-alone.

Edited by Teach

Wow! Personally I love this change.

(if you are complaining about this and never acted like a bad ass here on the forums, this doesn't apply to you)

I find it fucking hilarious some of you bad ass killing machines object to this change. Oh this is truly a glorious announcement!

• Like 2