#41 Roboserg

Roboserg

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

"The 'DEBUG' monitor is going away as development progresses!? This is so stupid..."

Do people understand that the purpose of a debug monitor is for ensuring certain features are working and that the name clearly implies it was going away at some point...........?

If its DEBUG then its for the devs. No ?
There are two kinds of people playing DayZ - COD kiddies and hardcore elitist wannabe.

#42 Jex =TE=

Jex =TE=

Bean King

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Only downside is the not knowing how much blood you have left part.

And being able to confirm kills.

-MONSTER

you confirm ur kills by checking the body for other players right (presumably because you want to know they're actually dead, not for the score)? For zeds, who cares?

The blood thing needs addressing - only because in rl you know when u feel right and I'm sure if u lost half ur blood u'd feel it. Why can't they just add a blood bar instead and replace it with the temp thing since I've never seen it change colour yet since they removed the temp from the debug monitor - does it still even work?

#43 Roboserg

Roboserg

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

#

Anything that simulates anything to the slightest degree is, in a sense, realistic. DayZ is realistic. Quake is realistic. Fuck, Pong is realistic.

To argue that DayZ is not 'realistic' just because it's not a perfect simulation of a particular environment is missing the point. Realism is aspirational, and DayZ does a good job.

Getting philosophical about it: Nothing can ever be a perfect simulation because everyone's experience is different. Two people can experience exactly the same situation and come away feeling differently about it. This has as much to do with your state of mind and predisposition to an event, object or person than it does about the scenario.

When you render this into a computer game, yet another layer of variables is introduced. Even if you code something like Sukoku perfectly it's not going to be the same as doing one on paper, even if this is because you can't smell the pencil and paper.

#

Anything that simulates anything to the slightest degree is, in a sense, realistic. DayZ is realistic. Quake is realistic. Fuck, Pong is realistic.

To argue that DayZ is not 'realistic' just because it's not a perfect simulation of a particular environment is missing the point. Realism is aspirational, and DayZ does a good job.

Getting philosophical about it: Nothing can ever be a perfect simulation because everyone's experience is different. Two people can experience exactly the same situation and come away feeling differently about it. This has as much to do with your state of mind and predisposition to an event, object or person than it does about the scenario.

When you render this into a computer game, yet another layer of variables is introduced. Even if you code something like Sukoku perfectly it's not going to be the same as doing one on paper, even if this is because you can't smell the pencil and paper.

You can carry rotor heads. Enough said.
  • Zakatak gave their beans
There are two kinds of people playing DayZ - COD kiddies and hardcore elitist wannabe.

#44 Roboserg

Roboserg

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

you confirm ur kills by checking the body for other players right (presumably because you want to know they're actually dead, not for the score)? For zeds, who cares?

The blood thing needs addressing - only because in rl you know when u feel right and I'm sure if u lost half ur blood u'd feel it. Why can't they just add a blood bar instead and replace it with the temp thing since I've never seen it change colour yet since they removed the temp from the debug monitor - does it still even work?

IRL you check the body? If he has a hole in his head?
  • ironman Tetsuo gave their beans

#45 Jex =TE=

Jex =TE=

Bean King

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

They better fix the temperature icon. Broken as shit.

this. I've had way too many OH MY GOD MY TEMPERATURE IS FLASHING moments because the color on it is almost the same throughout the game.

I guess that answers my question then lol

#46 ironman Tetsuo

ironman Tetsuo

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Amazing! This game is better every patch. Last two patches broke the game with graphical glitches and bandit skins that teleport you in the water and make you loose your backpack. As if it wasnt enough, now I wont be able tell how much blood I have. Even IRL I know how good I am feeling. Amazing !

well ignoring the fact none of us "know" how much blood we have (IRL), you can always just use the colour of your screen, nice and colourful? you're healthy, almost black and white? Get blood-bagged!
  • opethZ and NickMackz gave their beans

#47 Jex =TE=

Jex =TE=

Bean King

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

IRL you check the body? If he has a hole in his head?

I assume so? If people want to confirm kills, isn't that what you do - walk up to the body and kick it?

#48 Jex =TE=

Jex =TE=

Bean King

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

well ignoring the fact none of us "know" how much blood we have (IRL), you can always just use the colour of your screen, nice and colourful? you're healthy, almost black and white? Get blood-bagged!

No but the simple answer to that which is equally as valid is that you know when ur feeling alright so it can be argued either way. Honestly, I don't think if it stays in as a stat we can bring up or is on the hud or is taken away and we rely on the blood mark and colour in game that it's going to make a big difference.

What would be cool is a thermometer. Get rid of the one on the hud and make us take our own temperatures so we can check if we're ill.

#49 Jex =TE=

Jex =TE=

Bean King

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Screw that, I'm not about to get out of my camping spot to go check a corpse that probably has nothing I want! I'll just sit, wait and see. ^_^

At any rate, losing the counter isn't going to make people stop shooting others - it will just make it impossible for people to boast about their stats. If you honestly think that will change how often you die, then you've got another thing coming bub.

-MONSTER

No but fixing the ammo will and on our private server we just hosted, that is fixed meaning the ammo you log out with in game will be the same when u log back in, i.e. it won't replenish. I expect to see this in 1.7.3 (it seems the priv servers have guys working to fix shit so I expect they also are talking to the devs).

MUWHAHAHAHAHAH - I can't wait for the "I've got no ammo WAA WAA" posts.

#50 Tyratops

Tyratops

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Needs to be some compromise between realism & gameplay tbh.

On topic though with bugs like losing backpacks due to humanity, I think it would be a mistake to remove this feature without attending to the bugs first.

#51 Nucleqrwinter

Nucleqrwinter

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

No but fixing the ammo will and on our private server we just hosted, that is fixed meaning the ammo you log out with in game will be the same when u log back in, i.e. it won't replenish. I expect to see this in 1.7.3 (it seems the priv servers have guys working to fix shit so I expect they also are talking to the devs).

MUWHAHAHAHAHAH - I can't wait for the "I've got no ammo WAA WAA" posts.

Wasn't this bug fixed in 1.7.2.5 anyway?

I was under the impression that converting it was the only way to have infinite ammo as of now. :|

Edited by Nucleqrwinter, 22 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#52 RSet

RSet

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

As long as you fix the backpack bug first, i am ok with this.

#53 Nubaa

Nubaa

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

I feel that the game should add a notch to the texture of your primary weapon for each kill.

Edited by Nubaa, 22 August 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#54 M O N S T E R

M O N S T E R

Queen of Beans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

I feel that the game should add a notch to the texture of your primary weapon for each kill.

And when you hit 100, you scratch through your gun and break it.

-MONSTER

Posted Image
| There is something about a crazy man's smile that just makes me shiver. |

#55 Zymi

Zymi

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Good. Looking forward to this update.

ITT: People complaining about losing a crutch.

#56 Nucleqrwinter

Nucleqrwinter

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

It kinda was meant to be removed from the beginning anyway, I don't know what some of you guys expected. :|

#57 trichome

trichome

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

As long as you fix the backpack bug first, i am ok with this.

You do realise that all you have to do is drop your backpack and all your gear, put on your camo or ghille, pick up gear and carry on. Nothing lost, profit :thumbsup:
iOGC DayZ Private Namalsk extra Vehicles, View how many survivor,bandit & zombie kills @, www.iogc.co.uk/stats/namalsk, Dayz Anti-hax,BEC
iOGC DayZ Private Lingor extra Vehicles, NO weapons removed, Dayz Anti-hax, BEC

#58 Shag

Shag

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

good change

#59 NFK

NFK

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationDown and Out in the 305

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

This is great. I've always wanted the kill information removed, now you can't be sure they're dead unless you can clearly observe the corpse or go up to it and check. Adds more tension and uncertainty to the game.

#60 Tabris07

Tabris07

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

I don't think I would have a problem with this, as long as I know for sure that the body temperature icon is working correctly. From what I've witnessed, it just stays white, and I'm not really sure how to read it or if it even works. Because of this, I was kind of hoping for the return of the temperature display in the debug monitor.

Steam name: Tabris05