Sign in to follow this  
UltimateKeks

Private servers in standalone (no hackers/no antisocial)

Hey community/rocket.

I have stopped play DayZ because its all so annoying. Two examples:

1)

We played 21 days with our characters (6 survivors) at DE271. On that server

always were 5-10 people and no hackers. But yesterday we drove with our S1203

towards Solnichy and found 7-8 helis. As we com further all the helis exploded and we all died.

Then one of us spawned in solnichy and run towards the helis. He lootet us and tried to save

things like gps/night vision/AS50 and so on. But in that moment he pressed Gear at one of us, he

instant died again.

2)

I was at a big DE server with 38/40 users. I spawned, ran towards an industrial building and found a hatchet.

In this moment, i got shot by some high-equipped guys (4-5 people with Ghillie and other cool stuff).

Lifetime: 50-60 seconds.

Now my big wish is that it would be allowed to make private servers at least in the standalone game.Of course

without Hive only with a private database. We would make our own server with 11-12 people with a password and

build little groups and all would be fine.

But why do you not allow that? For the standalone game we have to pay and I wish that it will be legit to make

a password-protected server.

Please NOBODY post answers like you're flamer and so on, its just a suggestion because we and many other people i

think would like to make their own server...

Greetz from germany :)

• Like 1

i dont like hackers either but if people create private servers theyre only gonna have them and all their friends making no pvp which is what dayz is all about

i dont like hackers either but if people create private servers theyre only gonna have them and all their friends making no pvp which is what dayz is all about

Not true, if you gather the right people you can still form groups and fight eachother, there would still be enough individual players, no server hopping, enforced rules like no ALT-F4, glitching, hacking, ghosting because they wouldn't be able to unless they want to play elsewhere. Community hosted servers wouldn't be there for nothing.

• Like 1

It is a double edged sword sadly. Your only real option is to either reset/rename your server every few weeks. Banning their GUID's is almost pointless given the fact they steal GUID's like they use pirated OS and programs on their machines.

Not true, if you gather the right people you can still form groups and fight eachother, there would still be enough individual players, no server hopping, enforced rules like no ALT-F4, glitching, hacking, ghosting because they wouldn't be able to unless they want to play elsewhere. Community hosted servers wouldn't be there for nothing.

That's exactly what I mean. :)

I agree the game needs to support the community of players that want to put some game time in with friends and not have to worry about hackers or other players waiting to snipe you off for your loots. Private databases so you couldn't gear up and go wreak havoc elsewhere.

Public servers are great too but we need private friends only option as well.

Even if you were to create a protected server with password and other security measures, hackers will, and always will, find a way into it. Even when you think you're safe, you're not. But then again, they're taking every precaution they can to make sure the standalone is almost unhackable, but still, talented hackers make it their mission to fuck everyones day.

I agree that private data base passworded servers should be allowed in the stand alone game. A lot of older players like to play on their small groups and not worry bout dealing with douchebags. Supposedly rocket's thought is that everyone should be free to play the game how they want and get enjoyment outa that, well then give us private passworded friends only servers that are not connected to the public hive. What's it going to hurt?

I played on a small private server the other night and i still got flung into the air and killed by some douche.

Dont know if Im just really lucky but my group has run into multiple groups of hackers in the last month We have always managed to fend them off, but Im usually the only one left after these encounters. Like there were these two russian dudes that were shooting at us at Solnichiny then they stole our Ural, we managed to flatten tires on the bridge and they repaired it, they rigged satchel charges on the bridge and blew it up after driving off with the Ural again, they both died, and then flew helis over , landed and fired auto grenade launchers, We got on the Teamspeak server and the admins got it sorted out while I was being chased by them with hatchets screaming random stuff, they got banned and I still have my 30 something days old character