Borys of Ebe

Escape ending

I would love to see a system through which you can escape and this being the ulitmate goal of any 'good' player. This would involve procuring an aircraft and flying off, a long and involved process probably requiring help.

At the end of each 'escape' players could receive a score based on how much humanity they retained and how much kudos they earned. I envisage kudos as being something that you start each life with and that you can give to players if they assist you. So for example a player appears out of nowhere and dumps some weapons on you. Instead of just thinking "What a great dude!" you could award him twenty kudos points out of your total as a way of thanks. If this player escaped, these kuods points could be added to his escape score.

There could be some sort of reward system for players who escape, maybe involving marginally better starting equipment, increased blood or better thirst resistance on their next life. This could go some way to removing the rampant banditry that exists at the moment without destroying it entirely. Being a bandit would still offer the same rewards but being a top bloke would be more viable.

A real-time feedback system that allows players to intentionally reward each other in the form of recommendations would be a neat feature, akin to "likes" or beans or humanity or whatever. It's obviously going to be tough to implement, since abuse of the system is likely. I'd like to see more discussion about how that could be done.

As to a way to "finish" the game, I agree with you. It would be nice to be able to "retire" a character without just waiting for him to die. Whenever I get a fracture out in the woods and hit the "Respawn" button, I imagine my guy writing a little note with his next of kin and basic life story in it, then propping himself up under a tree and blowing his own head off, while sad music plays and the leaves rustle. If you could have him set off in a boat, not knowing what's waiting for him beyond the horizon, or even have your whole clan get on the helicopter with all the fuel and food they can carry and head out into the dark. You all get to spawn at the coast again, but you feel good about it. Maybe it unlocks a skin or something.

While it isn't a horrible idea, personally, I wouldn't like to see any kind of 'ending' in DayZ.

I'd just like to see day to day survival made a little bit more tricky and more end game content.

I like it. Then players could have speed-runs through DayZ.

It would be necessary to fix loot spawns of course, especially when it comes to vehicles.

One possible option would be a widget (like a FoF identifier) that you need to build by collecting different pieces from loot spawns to get past the blockades that will keep people from storing crap off the map eventually. Once you have that, you can build/steal a vehicle and drive through the blockade to the end game with the game keeping track of play time required.

A lot of it would be random, of course, so that might be a problem for people comparing their stats (but what in this game isn't randomized?)

You can already "escape" from chern, go find a helicopter and ride off into the sunset, land it off map then everyone respawn. You've escaped.... You don't get a reward, but this kind of gameplay is already available becaues it's a sandbox.