abkaflab

Can my mac run DayZ?

Do not come here to bash on macs, I dont care if its not a "gaming machine" I didnt get it to just play games. Even though some macs can run some very gpu intensive games like BF3, Crysis, etc. Anyways I would just like to simply know if DayZ would be playable on this mac(with bootcamp obviously). So onto the specs...

post-93953-0-94421000-1345135554_thumb.p

That's a pretty old mac... Possibly on very low settings?

It doesn't matter about your specs mate, the mod is not compatable with the mac. I don't even think the standalone will be ported to mac until the game is completely finished so you will either have to get a pc or wait until it is finished.

That's a pretty old mac... Possibly on very low settings?

Yeah, I would set it to the lowest anyways. I just wondering if it would be playable even with everything on the lowest settings.

It doesn't matter about your specs mate, the mod is not compatable with the mac. I don't even think the standalone will be ported to mac until the game is completely finished so you will either have to get a pc or wait until it is finished.

Thats what bootcamp is for bro.

Edited by AbkaFlab

lrn2read.

It’s doubtful whether you would get adequate performance with everything turned down. I suggest you install the free version of ArmA2, and see if you can get playable performance when running around in Chernarus. If you can, then DayZ will probably be playable (although it’s a bit more demanding on CPU).

Go to Steam and get "ArmA 2 Demo" which is really ArmA 2 Free.

Try it, if it works well then you should be ok-ish.

It’s doubtful whether you would get adequate performance with everything turned down. I suggest you install the free version of ArmA2, and see if you can get playable performance when running around in Chernarus. If you can, then DayZ will probably be playable (although it’s a bit more demanding on CPU).

So its not a definite no? Because I dont actually have windows installed yet and I dont wanna go out and buy windows 7 just to have it not be playable.

youd probly be playable at lowest res and loewest settings we got a dual core 2.0 ghz 2 gb ram and a nvidia 7900GS in the house that my gf plays dayz on and its playable.. if you can handle 20~ fps (my computer runs much better though its so painful to look at my computer then hers XD )

10 fps on dayz, set eveything to the lowest and resolution to 800x600 or lower if you can.

How about this setup? I can run DayZ in a virtual box and it works on the lowest settings but still choppy.

I have no issue bootcamping win7 if I know it will be playable. What do you guys think?

Mac Mini (late 2011)

2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache

4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory

500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive2

AMD Radeon HD 6630M graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR5 memory