Sign in to follow this  
joschaap

Xsplit cant hook into game-source since 95883

Introduction/situation

I bought xsplit personal to be able to stream DayZ gameplay using their game source function (full screen) in combination with screen region (eyefinity setup, no need to stream the outer screens),

what i see: :click here:

what streamers (used to) see: :click here:

This has allways worked fine up untill and including the 95417 build. (as visible in my videos on twitch)

Problem/Issue

However since the latest update (95883) it records a black screen instead (example http://nl.twitch.tv/...8592074?t=1m20s ), and xsplits support forums then advise to run the game in fullscreen window mode. and revert to using the screen region without the game source..

How i found out its the update causing this

if i replace Arma2OA.exe with the older one (95417) it works again, and gives proper video in the stream..

I understand this might be more appropriate on the Bohemia forums (ill try to make an account there asswell), but i'm asking it here because DayZ has alot of streamers using Xplit so there must be more players with this issue? or maybe i'm the only one using this configuration due to running dayz in eyefinity while streaming (just capture the middle screen)

Possible sollutions i've tried

I've tried completely removing the game from my pc, including xsplit and any other software that might interfear.

Also tried copying the exe from expansion/beta/ to the main gamefolder

But even on a clean manual install (no launchers used, just the torrent from dayzmod.com), streaming stops working as soon as i launch the game with the 95883 executable. version 95417 and lower do work just fine..

since it worked before, and works fine again on downgrading the game executable, i'd rather like to know the changes in 3d/opengl hooks between 95417 and 95883 so either Me, Bohemia or Xsplit might be able to patch/fix/repair this problem.

I hope there are any other idea's about this because atm imho dayz is no longer compatible with the latest stable build of xsplit :(

Or if theres a way to connect to 95888 servers using the 95417 executable..

And i know there are some streamers for who it still works, but I doubt if youre using the screenregion in combination with gamesource..

I hope anyone can shine a light on this? I know Vipeax uses eyefinity too, maybe he's got an idea?

Edited by JoSchaap

allready done and solved by installing a newer arma beta version :)