Sign in to follow this  
Flavalicious

Would you play Dayz without Zombies?

304 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play Dayz without the zombie element?

• Yes, they mainly get in the way of what I'm actually playing the mod for (PvP)
    • No, the zombies are needed for the mod

Keep them and also add NPC bandits that roam the map, kinda like the heli crashes.

I would like to see more in the ocean, maybe a beached cargo ship or dead crusier floating off shore these could be filled with Zed's and there could be "good" loot in the "end" of the ship.

Personally I could do without them. Would remove some of the frustration from the buggy issues they have. These days the only use a zombie has for me is to let me know if a player is in the area.

I would definitly play a game like dayz without the npc factor.

Is it a joke? Its like asking to play without zombie in resident evil

Dayz without zombies? What a dumbass idea. Like others have said, play regular Arma if you want just PvP (or COD or BF3 or any host of other pvp games - you do actually realise there are other games out there right?

This topic has a moron level of 97.9

Edited by Jex =TE=

One word: Fuckno.

DayZ without zombies would just be ArmA 2 with beans and less guns. (ever heard of that game? it's quite nice..)

If you want only PvP, (or PvAI, if that's even a term) I truly recommend the game 'behind' DayZ.

Most servers have a box with lots of guns and ammo in it right where you spawn, so you don't even have to run to your dupe-tent constantly.

Although after the 'snipernoobs' get killed there in about 92 seconds, they'll probably be running back here for the easy targets.

So in the end this just another pointless post by me, sorry. ;)

:edit: reworded and added stuff :)

Peace.

SD.

Edited by Sir Diealot

Zombies are a non-issue.

If they want the PVP to be curbed, then they have to fix them. Make them a factor. Make them interesting.

The only way they are a threat is if you are cornered and you use a 240/249/mk 48. They don't stop coming for that gun.

Even then, 90% of the time, I get through it and go on killing other players. Sometimes, I get caught slippin while I am handling dozens upon dozens of zombies. But that honestly happens so little that I can't even remember the last time.

I showed my friend a video last night and he was like " Oh you are a runner"

What the fuck does that even mean? I don't stand still cause I'm not an idiot? I stop for one second, shoot and move. I think it's the smartest way to play.

Yeah I'd love a Pvp survival game like DayZ but without zombies I find they just ruin most PvP fights. The problem with arma2 or wasteland is that you don't keep you character when you log off. I think that a big part of DayZs immersion comes from keeping you character and all the stuff you collect around, specially fron the players you've killed.

At the moment zombies are not a determinating factor but an annoyance, as soon as you understand how they move you tend to most likely run past them instead of sneaking, the biggest threat comes from other players and given the right circunstances zombies can give the advantage to a noob with a shit gun in a firefight. DayZ is already random PvP for 90% so quit saying stuff like "it gets old" or play arma or bf because those are incredibly superficial statements.

As this is how people tend to naturally behave (why should I go slow and be an easy target while I can just run to a pine tree?) I think a pvp mod with permanent characters would be appreciated by a lot of people. I see these poll results as an indicator of 2 things: 1. most people suck at PvP, 2. lots of people are hypocritical and get influenced be stuff like "you can't remove the zeds from a zombie game" and don't really look at how they actually play.

I repeat for any guy who likes to speak without thinking: BF,Cod or Arma have no PERMANENT CHARACTER modes (except for TEAM modes in arma2 like chernarus life but it's not the same thing as there are forced teams and characters do get reset after some time you don't play). Look at how people reacted (extremely positively) when youtubers went from dayz to wasteland, putting a PERMANENT CHARACTER system there (and maybe hunting) would be great! And we could all have HD models instead of the crappy low res (Lite) outfits.

Edited by the1freeMan

Definitely not. Zombies (In SA I hope) will add a fear factor to looting and hopefully they will spawn in forests as that part of the game is a tad boring.

Kind of lost the point of what DayZ is all about did you?

i got 24 murders... since there are zombies i just sit at the tree line and snipe people all day. if there wasn't any zombies i think i would risk going into town to kill people instead of knowing every time i shoot someone in town there will be 500 zombies glitching to me while im getting shot at by another player.. only after i spent 20 min trying to sneak up to that player in hopes that he dont log out, some zombie miles away dont somehow see me and Goku sprints to me or i get sniped form someone who just joined the server and spawned in the tree line :D

So clearly this is somone who has missed the point. The point of zombies is to make things like shooting in a city dangerous. I think shooting new spawns from a hill is easy enough without making it easier to shoot people inside a city. Now that Dayz has outgrown Arma's popularity I think people are forgetting that they could just shoot people in Arma without pesky things like scavenging and zombies. They have a challenge for SA keeping things interesting enough to prevent a degeneration into a sniper fest.

The real question is would you play Arma 2 with zombies?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Mr Nasty

I agree zombies are kind of worthless right now. I would still play without them, but think they give a good ambiance.

Here is a typical electro spawn:

Spawn in, run straight for the west fire house sharing all zombies.

Climb into tower instantly losing all aggro.

Hopefully find a gun.

Glitch through ladder to outside.

Climb down ladder.

Rush,market, food, drink, Alice pack, tools.

Rush northern firehouse, lose aggro and,loot the same.

Rush hospital, lose aggro on ladder and loot up..

If I hear anyone in town while searching I look for them and kill them.

AK or m4 draws aggro.

Just run wherever and lose whatever aggro in,any building,instantly.

If no pvp left, leave.

My whole point is zombies are no threat at all, and don't deter me in town.

My solutions would be to improve path finding, and let them spawn in more places.

Have some zombies shambles along, others stay idle in their location if spooked, and have some buffed zombies that you have to deal with if they aggro.

Zombies lightly spawning in the forest would be great too, you would have to be carefull.

But as I stated, the current state of the game they are irrelevant unless you ride the short buss and wear a helmet.

For SA.

I hope for more ZED. Very big horde.

I hope we got infected every time a Zed make us bleed.

Also the ammo for all gun should be very very very rare!

For now zed are only funny.

Hello there

I would be fine have a dayz sans Infected. It's the persistence and rp tech that I like. But I havn't voted as I also don't purely PVP.

Rgds

LoK

Personally I could do without them. Would remove some of the frustration from the buggy issues they have. These days the only use a zombie has for me is to let me know if a player is in the area.

I would definitly play a game like dayz without the npc factor.

Then you and the 31 other people are retarded...

Edited by DanielTy88

Then you and the 31 other people are retarded...

I don't agree with this man but that doesn't make him retarded, just because he has a deferring opinion.