adversity

Windowed Mode (Full Screen)?

Is there any way to run the game in windowed full screen? I run a dual monitor setup and having to alt-tab to get to the other monitor causes various issues. Mainly that I can't see what's going on in-game and in this game it matters. Biggest issue though is that alt-tabbing causes my toon to start firing his weapon and a) draw attention and B) waste precious ammo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think you can also resize the window by clicking on the corner and dragging it to the size you want. You will first have to click on your desktop or somewhere outside of the DayZ window before you do this.

You can run in windowed mode if you launch the game from a program called DayZ commander. Haven't tried it myself yet though, someone get back to us on that :D

I use DayZ Commander. Ticking the "Windowed Mode" option does the same thing as the in-game setting, i.e. launches in a Window as expected (with the menubar up top and the startbar remaining visible). I suppose if there's no other option this method works, so long as you have your startbar set to auto-hide and fiddle with the window a bit.

A genuine full-screen windowed mode would be preferred though, for obvious reasons. With the traditional window mode the edges of the window overlap onto my other monitor if I attempt to make it occupy as much screen real-estate as possible. I'm tired and about to crash, but tomorrow I'm going to see if another tip for ARMA2 I read works (suggests running in window mode and defining the desired screen resolution in the cfg). If I find anything out I'll post back here, if anyone else finds a good working method please feel free to throw it in here as well :D

--edit--

After checking the link ZePlague posted, I see the above fix was mentioned there as well. I'll try it tomorrow when I get a chance and see how it works. Thanks, you've got some beans sir.

Edited by adversity

I also looked for this and find out that with a program called "Actual multiple monitors" you can prevent fullscreens from minimizing so you can summon the mouse by pressing ESC and then click on your other monitor without risk. The problem with this is that u need an activated version 4 (or newer) of the program.

What I do is simply run the game in windowed mode.