Back to dayzgame.com
Photo

What happens to us after the stand alone version is out?

24 replies to this topic

#1 Stealth2668

Stealth2668

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Will the updates stop coming once the stand alone version is out, forcing us to buy the stand alone? Or will it be an alternative to those who don't want to buy Arma 2:combined ops? I ask because I mainly bought Arma 2:CO for dayz although i did play through the campaign. The AI is terrible and I'm fed up with it because they don't follow orders and die as a result but dayz makes it worth the money by adding a whole new experience, but I don't want to buy it again. On the other hand why would they let us keep playing for free? How does it benifit them and how will they recoup the money they have spent so far?

#2 Rudson

Rudson

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Locationto near at the airfield

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

i do not get your point sir. You are experiencing a mod. At the moment the dayz team is working on both games, the mod and the stand alone product. You will be able to play the mod for free even the stand alone dayz will come out. So you don´t have to bother about that, but if you want to play the SA Dayz you will have to pay money for it. I don´t think it would have been to hard to figure that out.

good night.

Rudson.

To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.

#3 CRUSADER_111

CRUSADER_111

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm pretty sure they will continue the support for the mod but the main thing about releasing a stand alone is way more features can be added. Also because it will be using the ARMA 3 Engine AI will be a lot better and well it will just generally be 110% better. Thats why they are releasing a stand alone

Edited by CRUSADER_111, 13 August 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image

Click on the banner to navigate to our website!
If you can help us in any way please contact me.

#4 bankst3r

bankst3r

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Besides the mod will be used as a playground for ideas. They'll see how it works here and if satisfied implement it in the standalone. But if you are really having fun with the mod you should switch to the standalone it will be far better once it reaches gold. At least I hope so.

And you'll be supporting rocket with buying the standalone. He earns nothing from the Arma II sales but the stand alone will make him rich. And imo he deserves it.
Steam: bankst3r
EIA (Evil Investmenbanker Association)
"All we do is take your money, burn it and get a bonus! Bankst3rstyle, baby!"

#5 Brudagon

Brudagon

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

What will happen? You will purchase DayZ for the first time, and play the game.
  • opethZ and Talon2000uk gave their beans

#6 nocturnal7x

nocturnal7x

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

The mod will always be around, maybe one day only private hives will be up, but the dayz mod will stick around. If your ok with the bugs and frequent hackers no reason to switch. The stand alone will eventually have fewer bugs and many fewer hackers.

#7 Hetstaine

Hetstaine

Chernarus Marathon Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7484 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

I could not imagine the dev crew still supporting this version of the mod..it would be like working on your horse carriage when you just parked a shiny new big block Camaro in your garage.

#8 xxfahizzlexx

xxfahizzlexx

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Us? I don't know about you but I am definitely gonna buy the standalone when it comes out. There is a Reddit AMA going on and Rocket answered alot of questions about the standalone.

http://www.reddit.co...tial_questions/

Right here ^^

#9 DieBrotmafia

DieBrotmafia

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

I would really dislike if there is still a lot of resources going into this mod after the standalone is released. I mean a bit of work is allright, but everything that will be done on the mod could've been used to further improve the standalone.

#10 SmashT

SmashT

Does all the things

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6853 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Mod will become more open, community can continue a lot of the mods development and standalone will take ideas/maps from that.

#11 Stealth2668

Stealth2668

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

i do not get your point sir. You are experiencing a mod. At the moment the dayz team is working on both games, the mod and the stand alone product. You will be able to play the mod for free even the stand alone dayz will come out. So you don´t have to bother about that, but if you want to play the SA Dayz you will have to pay money for it. I don´t think it would have been to hard to figure that out.

good night.

Rudson.

Cool, thanks D-bag.

Any way, so they will be dropping support for this current version and focus only on the stand alone then? I guess we are just testers then for the final product it seems.

#12 Rudson

Rudson

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Cool, thanks D-bag.

Any way, so they will be dropping support for this current version and focus only on the stand alone then? I guess we are just testers then for the final product it seems.

Your welcome R-tard.

To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.

#13 Turr

Turr

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

I guess we are just testers then for the final product it seems.

Doesn't ANYBODY know what alpha and beta means!? Yes, we ARE testers, that's the whole point of releasing alpha and beta versions of games, to TEST it!

"Why does this game have so many idiots?"

Seem's kind of obvious. Just replace "game" with world and you have your answer :)

#14 LIMITID

LIMITID

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Cool, thanks D-bag.

You where always a tester for the final product. The mod is in alpha, then it will enter beta then maybe be done. Mods either continue to have work done on them or they don't. They are not "profesional" games one has to pay for, they are modifications of preexsisting games. Games like Counter Strike and Team Fortress where once mods that eventually went standalone, yet both the mods still have communities to this day (as far as I am aware) even if they are nolonger being developed by the original devs.

I see no reason why Rocket should keep working on this mod once the standalone game comes out, but who knows he might do. Just remember you paid for ARMA 2 not Dayz, just like you would have had to buy Half Life 1 to play Counter Strike or War Craft 3 to play DOTA.

#15 Brightlight

Brightlight

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

I AM ENTITLED TO SOMETHING FREE!! ! !.... oh wait... no im not!
We are testing dayz now, ofc the focus will slowly shift towards the stand alone version. And we need to pay for it.

#16 Rudson

Rudson

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Doesn't ANYBODY know what alpha and beta means!? Yes, we ARE testers, that's the whole point of releasing alpha and beta versions of games, to TEST it!

sadly... No there are many many people playing dayz without the knowlage that they are testers. And these people will come to the forum at some point making some confused topic which nobody needs and nobody would have to answer if they simply would have used the search button.

#17 Vipala

Vipala

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Support and upgrades might continue for a while, but eventually the mod will be dropped, which makes perfect sense.

#18 spliff

spliff

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

why are so many people pretending to have bought "dayz", when it's a 100% free mod? i don't get it.

#19 Womb Raider

Womb Raider

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

My understanding is that the version of Day Z running on Arma 2 will be where all the patches and such will be tested, could be wrong though.

#20 nano27

nano27

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Mod will become more open, community can continue a lot of the mods development and standalone will take ideas/maps from that.

Your avatar makes me trust you way too much.
The beans are a lie.