Sign in to follow this  
reuter

Multiple kills in debug forrest recorded on video

Just found this reddit-thread where a guy named "WhiskeyFive" is repeatedly killing in the debug forrest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/u7msz/livestreamer_openly_exploiting_dayz_live_to_fans/

Video evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8VFZfuk60Y&feature=g-u-u

Can't tell on which server it happened though.

This guy's a piece of work. I mean he seriously sat there that long doing that? Then acting all gitty like a school girl when he actually was able to loot some of them...yeah...umm...

Cheers for post.

That video says so much about him... hopefully he gets the same treatment as that other streamer who was caught using exploits.

Never liked that guy. Figures he'd go and pull something like this.

The devs are seriously considering unbanning this guy? This will be the second streamer that gets special treatment over regular players. Can someone explain how streamers are more important?

This is such a fucking joke.

The devs are seriously considering unbanning this guy? This will be the second streamer that gets special treatment over regular players. Can someone explain how streamers are more important?

Apparently if you're Bashur or this fuck. You can do things that are not allowed and get away with it. Sound's fucked to me.

Uhh what?

Tonic I think he's referring to the DayZ dev in Whiskey's chat saying he'll lobby for Whiskey to not get permabanned. Guat, I don't think the official prescribed punishment is necessarily permanent, so there's no obvious special treatment for streamers just yet.

Personally I think people who knowingly use exploits should be permabanned, but it's not up to you or me.

Uhh what?

What part would you like me to explain?

Tonic I think he's referring to the DayZ dev in Whiskey's chat saying he'll lobby for Whiskey to not get permabanned.

That's not going to happen. I'm the one that is primarily stuck with finding cheaters, banning them. People doing this makes a EVEN bigger mess for me. I'm sick of it. As I stated in the announcement, people are going to start receiving bans for it. I don't care if they PAY me not to ban them, they're getting banned because again, i'm the one cleaning this shit up. I have a LOT of things to do and I don't need to be cleaning this type of crap up and seeing it plastered all over the forums.

They can take their week ban and deal with it or they can go cry to Dean 'Rocket' and he can say otherwise but even HE has a lot of stuff to do and creating a method to fix this is time consuming on his end when there are bigger bugs out there to fix.

These bans are to get people to stop doing this. Period.

Tonic I think he's referring to the DayZ dev in Whiskey's chat saying he'll lobby for Whiskey to not get permabanned.

That's not going to happen. I'm the one that is primarily stuck with finding cheaters' date=' banning them. People doing this makes a EVEN bigger mess for me. I'm sick of it. As I stated in the announcement, people are going to start receiving bans for it. I don't care if they PAY me not to ban them, they're getting banned because again, i'm the one cleaning this shit up. I have a LOT of things to do and I don't need to be cleaning this type of crap up and seeing it plastered all over the forums.

They can take their week ban and deal with it or they can go cry to Dean 'Rocket' and he can say otherwise but even HE has a lot of stuff to do and creating a method to fix this is time consuming on his end when there are bigger bugs out there to fix.

These bans are to get people to stop doing this. Period.

[/quote']

Right the fuck on. It was starting to look like streamers were getting massive special treatment.

I was pretty pissed with Whiskeyfive as a person, but I wasn't so pissy about the exploit until he admitted he did it willingly. I thought he just wandered in accidentally before. And somehow the dev still said he shouldn't be banned.

I hate that this looks like it's going to become an 'example making' but thank god streamers don't get away with exploiting just because they bring in players.

He was never banned. If he is banned, it will most likely only be temporary, not permanent. Is that clear enough?

If he is banned' date=' it will most likely only be temporary, not permanent. Is that clear enough?

[/quote']

Of course. Because Tonic already said so in his thread.

He was never banned. If he is banned' date=' it will most likely only be temporary, not permanent. Is that clear enough?

[/quote']

yes,the message is clear "do whatever you like,exploit everything as long as you stream and promote the game you wont get banned.tall the others get banned for even touching a hacked weapon

streamers: really cool guys that cant get banned

He was never banned. If he is banned' date=' it will most likely only be temporary, not permanent. Is that clear enough?

[/quote']

yes,the message is clear "do whatever you like,exploit everything as long as you stream and promote the game you wont get banned.tall the others get banned for even touching a hacked weapon

I still don't get why people keep saying they aren't going to be punished for exploiting. We don't give preferential treatment to streamers, no one said bans would not be given out, only that they would not be permanent.

Considering he recorded himself exploiting, with a huge audience, and showed blatant disregard for his actions even though his friends told him not to do it, he SHOULD get a permanent ban. Not a temp ban.

That would set an example.

It's bad enough he exploited, it is even worse he showed hundreds of people what to do and encouraged it.

If you give anything short of a permanent ban then you guys are letting the community down and revealing you don't care about what happens to the mod.

[/quote']

I still don't get why people keep saying they aren't going to be punished for exploiting. We don't give preferential treatment to streamers, no one said bans would not be given out, only that they would not be permanent.

That end part I disagree with. You did say IF he was banned, and it's a commonly known fact that Bashur gets special treatment for his RP server. They're allowed to lock it whenever they want, it was locked for a good portion of the day for 'filming a show'.

When, if I recall clearly, according to this thread http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6341 it's pretty unanimously decided that even for recording purposes, admins are just players and have no right to ban players for playing, let alone lock their servers.

This, even in the 'passworded server thread' was again, unanimously decided that Bashur is a streamer, so he's allowed.

This kind of thing is getting slightly irritating. I thought it was all rad and badass when Rocket and Adam came and played with us while we were streaming, but some of the stuff people are starting to get away with is leading the belief that streamers do whatever they want, and get a slap on the wrist at best.

Make no mistake, I don't think Whisky should be perma banned, my argument goes more towards the mentality that is being thrown out with things like this.

Edit: Doktor brought up a very valid point.

Streamers are the role models. They play infront of hundreds of people, they're sure as hell supposed to set a good example. The weight on them is a lot higher than the weight on a standard player, though they should still be judged to the same standards.

I'm of the opinion that popular streamers who do this should be punished WORSE than others because of the fact that their fanboys are going to do the same shit after seeing the explicit details of how to do the exploit and where the place is etc. If one person has a lapse of judgement, and does some stupid shit ( killing people in the forest because you lost your precious gun) it is easily remedied with the punishment of a single person, when someone knowingly and purposefully does it in front of 400+ you get a buttload of copycats.

DAYZ never needed this guy promoting the game, and his sense of entitlement for getting people interested in DAYZ is laughable. People watched his stream either because they wanted to watch a DAYZ stream and he had a lot of viewers or they were his regular viewers.

People are playing this game because it's awesome and it's getting some great gaming press. Not because this guy was "one of the first DAYZ streamers".

OK,

Before this gets out of hand.

No matter who you are, you are obligated to be banned, depending on how the rules are set for that exploit it can be permanent or it can be temporary.

If you pickup a spawned illegal weapon and receive a ban, by all means, dispute it and post a unban appeal and we will look into your profile. If nothing stands out between extensive scanning then you can be unbanned.

ROFL at this.

Whether you like the guy or not, out of 100s of hours of video he shows poor judgement for 5 minutes and you guys want to permaban him. You'd think this guy just brought every server to it's knees, not killed a few guys with starter gear. And acting like the location of debug forrest is a big secret is rediculous. If the guy gets a one week ban fine, but the level of animosity about this is bordering on stupidity.