NocturnalS1n

1.7.2.5 Tents and Vehicle Inventories not saving.

To much mentality like this, we should be finding bugs, reporting them and stress testing the game.

In principle yes. But there's not much stress on the servers if people stay off the servers or play on non-hives because of the issues discussed here. At least to us as the players and admins the bugs of 1.7.2.5 are known: Vehicles don't save at all or get changed to other vehicles upon server restart. Tents save content only once. Graphical Artifacts still are not fixed.

I mean is it that hard to revoke a hotfix, that didn't fix what it should have and introduced an even bigger problem??? It wasn't ought to be released anyways in the second place.

Conspiracy Theory: (so these are not facts and I don't really beleive it, still it would be funny if it was true)

Rocket and the Devs keep this quiet about the mess on purpose, because they purposely introduced those bugs. Why? Because every hotfix Rocket posts: THIS IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. Still all hosters ignore it and update within the first few hours after release and then refuse to downgrade when the bugreports start rolling in. I think they wanted to test how able the community of hosters and admins are to react to such issues without getting their hands held by Rocket and his team. Edit: I think for a large part we failed this test.

Edited by 31R0Y

To much mentality like this, we should be finding bugs, reporting them and stress testing the game.

I think to many bugs have been reported that can be fixed. There are what 4500 servers out there and we have to play like this?

Graphic glitches are the major glitch. What is the sense in having a dead soldier laying on the ground? If they are dead why aren't they a zombie, makes no sense to add a problem instead of fixing it....I love the mod but loads of problems have been found and can be addressed I don't feel that running another bugged server is going to find anymore then what has been posted about.

On the server we play at, we had a whole week of tents appearing normally with each server restart, but then one day, all tents went missing once again, just like the week before. Then, after another server restart all the tents reappeared again. During this week, it seems as if vehicles actually stayed where you left then between server restarts, at least with a bicycle and an ATV.

Tents never save items between server restarts afaik, and they simply respawn all items on every restart. Any tent with items in it, has become a source of plenty, never becoming empty. Who can blame me for putting my stuff in the tent in the first place before the first server restart, when tents no longer acts as functional storage containers between server restarts.

I think to many bugs have been reported that can be fixed. There are what 4500 servers out there and we have to play like this?

Graphic glitches are the major glitch. What is the sense in having a dead soldier laying on the ground? If they are dead why aren't they a zombie, makes no sense to add a problem instead of fixing it....I love the mod but loads of problems have been found and can be addressed I don't feel that running another bugged server is going to find anymore then what has been posted about.

I agree with you. I love the game but there are simply too many bugs to have any fun in 1.7.2.5. It doesn't matter how much of an alpha it is. We've tested enough and now we want to play! 1.7.2.4 is the way to go then.

I was thinking, they are using us and our desire to play this game to test, build and market their game, awesome, glad to help. If this issue goes ignored much longer, maybe we, as server hosts, should shut down our servers, for a day or two, all at the same time. Then how do you think their backers would feel if they found out all of the game server privately hosted where shut down? I think the issues would be resolved once it impacted them.

• Like 1

Same shit here. I´m tired of that. the dev´s make something good, then they bring some new stuff in the game and all other stuff wich was perfect is now unuseable. I have no desire to play that game nomore...

i know it´s alpha but i can´t understand how can you make something broken, which worked previously?

Edited by Irrer mit Plan

i know it´s alpha but i can´t understand how can you make something broken, which worked previously?

You sir have never programmed before ;)

But yes still looking for a fix for this, biggest issue on our server.

So 11 pages, a week and a half and no word from the devs in this thread...

They need a community manager because this is geting silly.

I haven't even seen a mention of them believing this is a real issue and this is basically stopping any sort of progression in the game.

Guys I will only say it one more time. Downgrade your server to 1.7.2.4 then all your issues with vehicles and tents will be solved!

I also don't like that new updates are slow, that devs don't talk to us and so on. But there is one really easy solution. Downgrade! Or maybe I should say UPgrade to 1.7.2.4. If you stay on 1.7.2.5 you will keep whining and nothing will be solved. You will have to wait for a real patch. And who knows if the next patch fixes anything. This one didn't. Hell they didn't even test this patch for 5 minutes and yet they released it. And all you dumb folks immediately goes on to be the best in class and upgrades your servers to a shitty version.

Downgrade and have fun while waiting for a good patch. Problem solved.

How about this: Downgrade to 1.7.2.4, get all vehicles into a camp, fill it with goodies. Then save everything and update to 1.7.2.5 and voila, you now have a camp that cannot be destroyed cause everything will reset back after a restart.

The hive is fucking you? well fuck it right back.

How about this: Downgrade to 1.7.2.4, get all vehicles into a camp, fill it with goodies. Then save everything and update to 1.7.2.5 and voila, you now have a camp that cannot be destroyed cause everything will reset back after a restart.

The hive is fucking you? well fuck it right back.

That's a pretty neat idea. Going to consider it!

Just as an FYI there is a fix for servers...

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502

However when I asked my hosting company about doing this, they asked the Dev Team and they said:

DpFXr.png

So yeah... that is all I got to say. Actually i can say, it is nice knowing if I die, I can run back up to my camps where I did get things to save and re-arm myself at anytime.

Just as an FYI there is a fix for servers...

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502

So yeah... that is all I got to say. Actually i can say, it is nice knowing if I die, I can run back up to my camps where I did get things to save and re-arm myself at anytime.

This works only for private hives! it does not solve the issue for public servers.

and yes @Piranja13 it is a shame that no one from the dev team even confirm that they aware about this issue we suffer since a month, but it is like it is, the success make them blind for the community and if the do keep going this way, they will learn a pain full lesson being ignored from the community with the stand alone ... but this is a story about public relation :-)

Yeah our providers found some fix on Reddit for us but DayZ Admins banned them from using it saying they want to thoroughly test it before they confirm it working.

This works only for private hives! it does not solve the issue for public servers.

and yes @Piranja13 it is a shame that no one from the dev team even confirm that they aware about this issue we suffer since a month, but it is like it is, the success make them blind for the community and if the do keep going this way, they will learn a pain full lesson being ignored from the community with the stand alone ... but this is a story about public relation :-)

Nope. It works on official servers too. All you need is access to the server files (usally u have ftp access).