louie9

Is it worth buying Arma 2 Combined Operations now?

Arma 2 itself is still a good game but if you just want to play dayz then probably wait for the standalone.

If you can aford $30 and accept the challenges that comes with an alpha build.

I think I will buy both versions of the game and accept the fact that its still in alpha. Does anyone know if theirs a steam sale coming up or should I just buy it now?

If you buy Combined Operations to play DayZ and then HATE DAyZ... the majority of fanbois on this forum will flame you for buying ArmaCO just to play DAyZ.

Use the search function and look it up. You'll see I'm right.

They'll tell you it's a great game and sure buy it, but if you dislike it they'll tell you you're as ass for buying it "just for DayZ" and It's your fault you moron. It's a wonderful community of hatred and loathing. i think many are sociopaths. Smile ot your face when they meet you and stab you in the back when you turn around or show any sign of weakness.

However, if you don't mind losing $30 to TEST a BETA (1.7.2.5 is listed as a BETA) then sure try it out. If you don't mind crawling for hours (seriously) then try it out. If you don't mind getting bored with killing zombies because they are pathetique, and are forced into PvP with hackers, then buy it.

I have tried Amra2 when thoroughly bored with DayZ and hate Arma2 and CO.

Despite all of that.... I still play DayZ. Why you ask? I'm glad you asked. I still play DayZ because I play it with friends and we find things to do to amuse ourselves. It's sometimes hard to find something to do, and often we all log off after 30-60 minutes later having accomplished nothing, but I would not still be playing if my friends were not on with me. Going solo... you must be a masochist. (or a Skiddie)

Edit: they changed the patch to Alpha on the main page. The first day it actually said Beta for a bit. But feel free to flame on. It will only prove how bad the forums/community are.

Edited by NotYou

They are most active on AU/NZ servers from my experience. I actually go to US servers and ride the 400 ping train to try to get a decent game going.

Yeah, I've been playing for ~4 months and haven't encountered a single hacker. Though, I've looted plenty of corpses filled with military gear (absolutely no free slots) and, strangely, no food or water. I guess I'm just lucky?

On a side-note, I've noticed (in videos) they all seem to spawn the AH-64 even though the Hind-D is much more efficient at killing players. You get double the rocket load, minus 4 AT missiles and it doubles as a transport for all their hacker buddies. :rolleyes:

Id be surprised if there is anyone who hasn't experienced hackers in this game. I experience them every day I play the game. The game is completely broken because of it. If you play the game there will be points were you consider quitting because of how rampant the hackers are and how much they ruin your game and progress in it.

I haven't met any hackers at all.

I pretty much only play on US servers.

Forever alone.... :(

I bought Arma 2 just for DayZ and its worth it. It depends on how much money you have I guess. May be we need to wait 3 months or more for DayZ Standalone to be released. It all depends on your personal situation. If you make 100$ an hour and your time is worth a lot, buy it. If buying the game means you must starve the next 2 weeks or you can't buy the standalone when its released, don't buy it. We can't judge how much 30$ is in your life.

Don't buy it just for DayZ when a standalone version is coming, plus WarZ is coming as well which will be way better.

cause arma 2 is horrible, the engine is crap.

Oh for sure... those screenshot totally kicked DayZ tushy... Obvious troll is obvious

not worth spending money for arma2 just to play dayz... dayz is in a horrible horrible state... bugs over bugs ( ok its an alpha.. so nevermind ) but currently hackers are ruining your game on a daily basis on EVERY server. theres NO cheat protection. also the arma2 engine is terrible.. i got an insane fast computer, and even on the LOWEST settings, the fps drop to 5-10 sometimes especially in citys... relogging/restarting helps, but fps drop soon again after some minutes. so all in all... better wait for the stand alone

Yeah... sure

Buy it and actually play ArmA 2. You can play the mod now, and just get standalone later. It helps BI and Rocket.

Plus, ArmA 2 is a awesomely fun game.

You've got to be joking, ArmA 2? An awesomely fun game? No no no no..

You're crazy if you think ArmA 2 is an "Awesomely fun game"

Filled with glitches, hackers, takes you hours to get anywhere in Multiplayer.

With that said, no, it's not worth it with it becoming standalone by Christmas.

You've got to be joking, ArmA 2? An awesomely fun game? No no no no..

You're crazy if you think ArmA 2 is an "Awesomely fun game"

Filled with glitches, hackers, takes you hours to get anywhere in Multiplayer.

With that said, no, it's not worth it with it becoming standalone by Christmas.

You mean Day Z as if you're talking about Arma 2 you have no idea what you're talking about.

I can tell what this thread is going to turn into.

Person A: Arma 2 is A PIECE OF SHIT, HACKERS KILLED ME, ITS BUGGY AND CLUNKY I HATE IT!!

Person B: DON'T TALK ABOUT ARMA 2 LIKE THAT.

Every single time.

You mean Day Z as if you're talking about Arma 2 you have no idea what you're talking about.

I can tell what this thread is going to turn into.

Person A: Arma 2 is A PIECE OF SHIT, HACKERS KILLED ME, ITS BUGGY AND CLUNKY I HATE IT!!

Person B: DON'T TALK ABOUT ARMA 2 LIKE THAT.

Every single time.

I played ArmA 2 multiplayer. I'll finally reach the goal of the server and then a new goal appears and it's on the other side of the map, waste of time.

The AI is just plain stupid, it's filled with glitches, BattleEye doesn't seem to stop hackers, do I need to continue on?

Just wait for standalone version, no need to support this mess.

I played ArmA 2 multiplayer. I'll finally reach the goal of the server and then a new goal appears and it's on the other side of the map, waste of time.

The AI is just plain stupid, it's filled with glitches, BattleEye doesn't seem to stop hackers, do I need to continue on?

Sounds like it isn't the game for you which is fair enough but don't expect it to be something it isn't which people do A LOT on these forums.

I'll support it all I want actually and I'm sure others will too once again all because Arma 2 isn't an AAA game doesn't mean it isn't worth supporting it is a MILITARY SIMULATOR.

Simple answer: Yes

Don't buy it if you expect this game to be perfect.

not worth 30 bucks in current state imo. Maybe when steam sells it for 18 bucks again.

Do you know if theirs a steam sale coming up?

That is your fault for playing on a pub server and not an organized game with a transport chain.

In my opinion in order for Rocket to profit the most from this game is for everyone to wait to pay for the stand alone game, paying for arma 2 co does not give Rocket direct profits, since arma 2 has already increased there profits from sales made due to the fact, poeple want DayZ, arma 2 has agreed to help Rocket, so now that is taking place i think that the more people that can wait and pay full price for the stand alone game would be more benificial to Rocket and the development of the game!

I lol'd at that kid.

I'll teach you a hax/cheat:

When you complete the objective, you need to open the side chat and type: "need evac from old AO". And after some time BAM! A heli lands near your location and takes you back to base. Then at the base you rearm and shit. While you at the base pay close attention to the hax console in the bottom left corner. It may say something like "Merlin dust-off to AO in 30 seconds". It means that you need to hurry up and board that chopper before it lifts off. You can find the chopper by looking where other players are running to or by loud sound it produces.

The mod will continue to be updated even after the standalone is out, and it is a brilliant game even if you just get a bunch of friends together and do ArmEx.

It's your choice, tho.

I haven't seen any evidence of that. Seems once the standalone was announced zero updates have been made so I don't see that happening.

If you want Arma 2 anyway ---> Buy it for DayZ:Mod

If you don't want Arma 2 anyway ---> Buy WarZ and play until DayZ:Game

I don't think WarZ is going to be better than DayZ:Game, but I do think WarZ is going to be better than the current state of DayZ:Mod. Considering that WarZ will cost ~$10 less than access to DayZ:Mod, the only real deciding factor with less than 2 months till DayZ:Game is whether or not you want Arma 2.

Edited by Obsolescence

Buy it now immediately, I demand it.

There is so much more to Arma 2 than DayZ and I doubt the SA will have all the new (if any) maps. some of the new maps expand on DayZ and make the Mod better.