Sign in to follow this  
schuyler.grisham@gmail.com

Combination Locks - Warehouse/Foot Lockers

I think one of the huge parts of this game that sets it apart from others, is its wide open sandbox style, that allows you to stake a claim to a certain piece of woods, or in some cases buildings. People locking down cities, or factory areas, or making an armory in the middle of the woods. It is SO much fun. But while the cats are away, the mice will play, and this is where my inpsiration for this suggestion comes from.

I think it is a little silly that after days and days of work getting a camp setup, that some newspawn can just by sheer luck stumble accross it and take it ALL. Though, this is the nature of the game, and that is not what my suggestion combats. My suggestion gives us a way to protect our selves, even in just a small way.

Recently my clan began to fortify a small warehouse are in a smaller city in Chernarus. I drew some inspiration from this as well, since we used the warehouses as storage units for vehicles and such.

I think it would be a pretty unique feature if we added combination locks. This item, when used, would lock a door from being accessed without the use of the combination set by the user when the lock is originally used. The lock would be looted when used, and the person who unlocked it would have to lock it again before logging out or leaving. This would give us horders a way to protect our goods while we're logged out.

-User uses lock

-Interface comes up and requests you to enter your desired 3 sets of 2 numbers. I.E. > 03 < 15 >> 30

-Door/Foot Locker is locked

-User opens door

-Interface comes up asking for the 3 degit code

Other forms of entry could include

-High Powered Rifle

-Tool Box

-Satchel Charge

Make the item extremely rare, as if it is too common there would be locks on every door. Rarest Ware House spawn.

Could be too easy to crack to be worth implementing, but at least it would stop those new spawns with absolutely nothing from taking my ATV and my best guns...and all my beans and mountain dew...

Thanks,

Bruins / Neolism

The problem is that IRL, locks only work when the person trying to go through it has something to lose. They are to slow down crooks, and to make the crook take more time/make more noise than if it wasn't there.....

Almost any lock can be defeated with a cinder block, or a steel bar and 5 mins work.

Personally I like the idea of camoflaged stashes that are burried in the ground...

Things like that might also encourage more use of the satchel charge.

Things like that might also encourage more use of the satchel charge.

Lol... does it need encouragement? I've never found one, but I can promise you that if I ever do, my first order of business, after my massive erection subsides, will be to find a place to use it...

Why not have house key find on ZED some time...

So you can now enter a no-enterable building and use it for you.

When you die the key stay on your body for some time...

Then after server restart the keys spawn back on a ZED.

The gear in the house is lost !

Maybe for the stand alone :)

I like the notion of being able to dig a hole in the ground for the purpose of stowing away items there, out of the sight of others.

Cue metal detector. :)

Edited by Treehugger