CJBlackbird

Banned for no reason, guessing it was updating to new ARMA 2 Revision, so here are my thoughts on the mod as it is.

So I'm one of those many that spent £25 on a game to play this mod and to now be permanently banned for no obvious reason, though from looking through the forums and a bit of time googling I have come to the conclusion it was because I thought I'd update my ARMA 2 version through Dayz Commander.

Before we get onto my thoughts I'd just like to mention that before the devs add anything new to this mod they need to fix a few things;

• The absolutely ridiculously absurd amount of hacking is just well... absolutely ridiculously absurd.
  • I personally really miss the global chat, it's automatically made everyone in the game far more hostile than in any other point in the mods short lifetime.
  • I also know that there are thousands of people with similar battleeye problems to mine, so maybe its time to switch to a new anti cheat engine.
  • Obviously the graphics errors are also terribly game breaking at the minute.

Let me just say that this is a fantastic game, for one simple reason, the concept.

Stranded survivor, forced to loot to survive, extremely wary of zombies and not knowing whether humans are friends or foe. - how you play the game is up to you.

Although recently, actually the games got a bit crap.... partly because every single human you see is now a foe (which i blame partly on removing global chat), the only friendly human is a dead or weaponless one.

So actually, and I know what I'm about to say will get me flamed, but my review is a lot shorter than I thought it would be. Simply because actually the only reason this game is worth playing is because it throws you into a situation that no other game has done before.

The game actually is pretty shocking, there are so many bugs that have needed to be fixed for a while;

• Zombies running diagonally
  • Zombies swimming
  • Zombies climbing ladders
  • Zombies attacking through walls
  • Zombies randomly spawning next to you
  • Zombies randomly breaking your bones near full health

• Having to stand upright to go out of a door
  • Having the most awful inventory system ever

• Again the graphics bug must be mentioned

In the name or realism, why is there not a stamina system and why are there always only zombies around the buildings you want to enter, they should be more sporadicly and randomly dispersed.

Just to wrap it up then, I'm really excited that DayZ is getting a standalone version, I will definitely be purchasing the alpha as soon as it goes live.

However, I'm very worried that they are planning to release it this year given the mods current state, but then again I don't know what the devs are holding back.

I also wish that it was being done on a different engine as Arma 2 is surely still the most hardware intensive game there is?

My relationship with DayZ is 30% absolute love & indulgence, 70% hate.

Edited by CJBlackbird
  • Like 1

I'll admit I didn't read it all but here's probably what it said. I downloaded the latest patch but didn't bother reading the forums. I got global banned then checked the forums, I may or may not have contacted BE, but I probably didn't. I am not aware this mod is in it's alpha phase, because I'm stunned by the amount of bugs. I hate searching in google, so I didn't know there was a fix for graphical glitches. I like to hear myself talk. How'd I do?

There is a hotfix being deployed right now that will address the zombies and the glitches. Check it out, people are playing and reviewing it now.

Another hacker banned crying fowl. Maybe next time you will stop using cheats. Good riddence.

Again, you bought Arma 2 and played an alpha test of a mod.

Any global ban must be discussed with Battleye.

Any server ban must be discussed with the server admin.

Also

I'll admit I didn't read it all but here's probably what it said. I downloaded the latest patch but didn't bother reading the forums. I got global banned then checked the forums, I may or may not have contacted BE, but I probably didn't. I am not aware this mod is in it's alpha phase, because I'm stunned by the amount of bugs. I hate searching in google, so I didn't know there was a fix for graphical glitches. I like to hear myself talk. How'd I do?

This

Edited by Andrej Dudev

Ok where to start...

Haven't been using cheats. I know thats hard to believe but really, we aren't all cheating.

Have spent a lot of time googling, thats why I think its from updating.

Have contacted battleeye.

Sadly it is a global ban.

• The absolutely ridiculously absurd amount of hacking is just well... absolutely ridiculously absurd.
  • I personally really miss the global chat, it's automatically made everyone in the game far more hostile than in any other point in the mods short lifetime.
  • I also know that there are thousands of people with similar battleeye problems to mine, so maybe its time to switch to a new anti cheat engine.
  • Obviously the graphics errors are also terribly game breaking at the minute.

1) There's enough threads about hacking, I've commented in some of them. The short of it is the same loop holes Script-Kiddies use are the ones DayZ needs to run because it's a mod which effectively makes it a "legal" hack of Arma already.

2) Global chat needed to go, it ruined the atmosphere and I for one haven't noticed much change to the game's dynamic since it went, if anything I've had more friendly encounters than before

3) not going to happen and I don't think you truly understand the situation either, it's not as simple as you think.

4) graphic errors have been fixed with 1.7.2.5 try to keep up :P

• Zombies running diagonally
  • Zombies swimming
  • Zombies climbing ladders
  • Zombies attacking through walls
  • Zombies randomly spawning next to you
  • Zombies randomly breaking your bones near full health

• Having to stand upright to go out of a door
  • Having the most awful inventory system ever

• Again the graphics bug must be mentioned

Zombies are funky because of the limitations of the mod, not a lot can be done not without a lot of work which is better spent elsewhere

and again, graphics bug already fixed

lastly, try to understand:

Alpha - add things

Beta - Fix things

So having broken things whilst in Alpha is totally normal

• Like 1

Another hacker banned crying fowl. Maybe next time you will stop using cheats. Good riddence.

That may very well be the case, no way of really knowing.

Anti-Cheat programs cannot be 100% infallible, just as they cannot be 100% effective in removing

all cheaters.

I have only played for a total of 3 days, and it has been more than 7 days since I last played.

(busy with other things)

I would like to play this weekend, but have a few questions concerning the DayZ version & Arma II:OA Beta Version.

How do you check what versions are currently installed ?

I use the SixUpdater.

Not to derail the topic of the original post, and I can start a seperate post under Technical.

Thanks

Oh noes, an alpha of a mod has bugs and glitches! :(

The hacking isn't even anything to do with Rocket & Co. BattlEye get paid for it to be their problem.

As for global chat; On many occasions Rocket has stated and re-stated that this whole experiment is not about fun, it's about making the player feel things, and isolation is high on his list. Bringing back global/side chat would demolish any feelings of isolation, you should have to work for a CB radio if you want to talk to non-local players.

You, sir, are an idiot. Some people have already had their bans overturned, the new BattlEye message is about them investigating cases of false positives.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

In other news, decided to just see if my old install of six launcher would let me play, and hey presto I'm not banned anymore haha.

In other news, decided to just see if my old install of six launcher would let me play, and hey presto I'm not banned anymore haha.

Congrats. I am guessing that install is running an old beta patch?

I wonder how a global ban can be evaded by simply changing patch, I wonder if BattlEye has just got some neat bugs of its own.

Congrats. I am guessing that install is running an old beta patch?

I wonder how a global ban can be evaded by simply changing patch, I wonder if BattlEye has just got some neat bugs of its own.

Yep thats exactly what happened it appears. I think that this post can be used as proof, that not everyone complaining about being banned is a hacker.

Thanks all.