#1 Chrismahony

Chrismahony

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hey, whenever I try to re-install Battle-eye or install newer updates ect. it says !!! MISSING STRING.
I don't know why this is happening, I did have scripts before but I only used them on my friends hived server, and I never used them on Battle-eye servers. But all of my scripts and the cheat engine thing has been deleted off my computer with the past 2weeks. I can download the DLL's and install them into my program files through the Battle-eye website, but I don't think it does the same as installing it through steam.

I tried the "Verify integrity of game cache" method, It restored about 6 files, but it still wont let me re-install Battle-eye.

This is annoying me because when I try to join a server almost every time it give me a script restriction, even though there is no scripts on my compuer, AT ALL.

If you know any way to solve this please help. thanks

Attached Files

#2 M4L

M4L

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

u dont need to install the dll's, just copy em over old dll's in the 2 arma dirs, dir battleye

You need to learn proper grammar. Jesus fucking christ.

LOL

#3 SmashT

SmashT

Does all the things

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6908 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Remove BattleEye files and then repair install via steam

#4 Chrismahony

Chrismahony

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

@Bean king, I deleted battle-eye in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion and I still get the
!!! MISSING STRING problem, but now it says on steam "Register Your Game" when I right click on Arma2OA :(

Edited by Chrismahony, 10 August 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#5 Gogster

Gogster

Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffs

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

There's an option to re-install BattlEye when launching original Arma II through Steam, I find this way the most stable.
  • Chrismahony gave their beans
Posted Image

#6 Chrismahony

Chrismahony

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

I'm making progress, it gets to the loading of the installation, it says it installing, then it says the !!! MISSING STRING problem again, but then it makes the battle-eye folder with everything inside it (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye).

Does this mean battle-eye is now installed? It still says "Register Your Game" for some reason, doubt this will be a problem, if this worked, Gogster, you sir, can take all my beans ^_^

Edited by Chrismahony, 10 August 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#7 Chrismahony

Chrismahony

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Thanks everyone for the help, I finally got it working.

Gogster, my beans are now yours :D

#8 Gogster

Gogster

Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffs

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

Glad I could help - I guess the manual installation of BE can be complicated, hence why they stuck the option in the Steam menu.
Posted Image

#9 deftlyhandled

deftlyhandled

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

I had this issue too.
I reinstalled battleye via steam and got this Missing string error.
I unsinstalled battleye via the control panel, then reinstalled it, and got the missing string error
I then uninstalled battleye and deleted all traces of (eg, users/appdata/local/arma II oa/battleye etc, then reinstalled battleye, and got the missing string error.
I did the above, and reisntalled battleye manually by downloading the latest version and copying them into the correct directorys, loaded the game and it didnt work, when I then tried to reinstall battleye,I got the missing string error
I then unsinstalled battleye, deleted all trace of it, uninstalled arma II & Arma II OA via control panel. Reinstalled them all, and got the missing string error
So today, I uninstalled Steam, and everything associated, including battleye, then re-installed everything.
It it worked, and it took me about 15s from loading the game to get into a server.
So. don't muck about, uninstall steam and everything, bite the bullet and get in the game.
(Or some other positive sounding statement intended to make the hours I wasted on this worthwhile)

Edited by deftlyhandled, 10 August 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#10 deftlyhandled

deftlyhandled

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

I had this issue too.
I unsinstalled battleye via the control panel, then reinstalled it, and got the missing string error
I then uninstalled battleye and deleted all traces of (eg, users/appdata/local/arma II oa/battleye etc, then reinstalled battleye, and got the missing string error.
I did the above, and reisntalled battleye manually by downloading the latest version and copying them into the correct directorys, loaded the game and it didnt work, when I then tried to reinstall battleye,I got the missing string error
I then unsinstalled battleye, deleted all trace of it, uninstalled arma II & Arma II OA via control panel. Reinstalled them all, and got the missing string error
So today, I uninstalled Steam, and everything associated, including battleye, then re-installed everything.
It it worked, and it took me about 15s from loading the game to get into a server.
So. don't muck about, uninstall steam and everything, bite the bullet and get in the game.
(Or some other positive sounding statement intended to make the hours I wasted on this worthwhile)

So. I get in the game for a short while this afternoon. And as we all know, the missing string issue is tied to the game hanging at the loading screen. Second time I attempt to log in, the game hangs at loading screen. I try to reinstall battleye. And get the missing string error.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#11 deftlyhandled

deftlyhandled

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

I had this issue too.

I forgot to mention that I tried validating Arma II and Arma II OA along with uninstalling and reinstalling battleye (manually and through steam). All permeatations thereof.

#12 deftlyhandled

deftlyhandled

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

I solved my loading screen hang / missing string on battleye reinstall problem.
I had installed sixlauncher / sixupdater, then decided not to use them, but didn't uninstall them.
Now I have uninstall them, reinstalled battleye.
Its always something simple. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I hope this can help other people with this issue.

#13 Chrismahony

Chrismahony

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

@Deftlyhanded, you could've just installed it manually through the battle-eye website by downloading the DLL and client.

That solved the problem for me, atleast.

#14 deftlyhandled

deftlyhandled

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, I tried that, and it didn't work.
And, actually, Im still getting the missing string error.
I'm not handling this very deftly, am I?

Edited by deftlyhandled, 11 August 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#15 Chrismahony

Chrismahony

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

well, if you go to the steam-apps folder, then go to this directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion), then look inside the expansion folder and if there is a battle-eye folder in there it has been installed, I still get missing string but just do that and if the folder is there you already have it installed! :)

#16 DannyB

DannyB

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Simply right click on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead -> Go Properties -> Set Launch Options -> Copy and remove everything in there. Now you can reinstall BattlEye.

Don't forget to paste everything into your launch options again.

• korthyr gave their beans