Here's a list of ArmA3 confirmed feature. You can now know what is possible or not.
OS: Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1
CPU: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 3000 with Shader Model 4 and 512 MB VRAM
RAM: 2 GB
HDD: 15 GB free space
NOTE Pettka has confirmed that PhysX in Arma3 works fine on systems with ATI/AMD cards. PhysX will be handled by your CPU(processor) and not your GPU (video card)
| Estimated release date : 2013|
|There will be a Community Alpha available after GamesCom 2012|
Screenshots & artwork:
Armaholic.com ArmA 3 screenshot database
ArmA3 official channel:
- Physical simulation & improved animations:
The game will make use of PhysX 3 for player, vehcile and other interactions
- Volumetric clouds
- The net code is being optimized.
- 4 times more detailed ground textures
- Improved Data-Streaming
- Improved micro AI and path finding
- Improved water simulation (visually as well as physically)
- Blending from animations to rag doll
- Higher particle limit
- New lighting tech/HDR ( JC twitter feed)
- Render to Texture
- Improved lighting tech
- Stereo sounds for weapons and vehicles estimated to use around 50 samples for their engine and exhaust, and 20 samples for the wheels on differing terrain.
- New system of hearing weapon reports at different ranges, with distance attenuation and filtering
- The game will feature more powerfull sounds, similar to popular sound mods.
- The sources for much of the audio are also more authentic. Ambient sounds such as the sea, insects, winds, footsteps, etc have been recorded on Lemnos.
- Heat haze effect for fires and engines
- Customizable Soldier Load:
Choose your uniform (2), assemble your weapon kit, change your load out, get loaded up.
- Multiplayer Gameplay:
Challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
- Completely Extensible & Moddable:
Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
- Underwater operations now supported (2)
- All the buildings on Lemnos are enterable and can be destroyed. .
- Weapon modification on the fly is now possible.
- Action menus will be improved
- Helicopter sounds will be on par with the ones in TOH.
- The Mk8 SDV will have a periscope.
- The player will be able to attach explosive charges to enemy boat hulls and other vehicles.[/B]
- The player will be able to remotely operate mortars .
- Helmet mounted cameras
- Objects like tactical vests will have weight and different carrying capacities as well as different protection values.
- Headgear will offer different levels of projectile protection.
- PvP will be improved.
- The game will feature an improved wounding system (no specifics for as of yet)
- Improved MP interface
- Improved command interface
- The player will be able to wear civilian clothes http://forums.bistud...ies/biggrin.png
- Hands now move with the steering wheel.
- Different muzzle flash samples
- Grenade launcher zeroing works like in real life.
- There will be a drop down menu in the editor where you can customize your soliders gear such as camo,headgear, balistic vest and backpack.
- Fast-roping will be sported.
- Shock waves will be simulated.
- Different camo-types ( urban etc)
- Your load out will affect your mobility- enhanced fatigue system. The more you carry the faster you will become fatigues and this will affect your aim.
- Improved UAV's
- Improved artillery system- set the angle etc manually
- Vehicles can now be towed.
- Micro UAV's that can be deployed on a squad level.
- Some weapons platforms can be operated remotely and some can function on their own.
- All the stationary armament can be dismantled and transported by troops or vehicles.
- The MP chat system will be improved.
- Modular vehicle turrets
- Working mirrors and MFD's
- Underwater combat is now possible
- Movement and aiming has been improved
- Several new firing stances such as shooting while prone on the back
- The ToH flight model will be the default flight model for all the helicopters and will be used in the SP campaign as well.
- Weapon stations can now be used both in full screen (ArmA 2 style) and PiP mode.
- Ability to switch between optical scopes and mounted coliminator/combat sights a.k.a dual mode optics
Shooting out of vehicles.
Integrated mod support.
British special forces and eastern naval infantry.
Rich & authentic environment:
Limnos is 2.4 times bigger then Takistan.
Check the official ArmAverse timeline for more info.
- Quad bike
- Hunter (Plasan M-ATV)
- Slammer M2A1 (Merkava 4M Tank)
- Panther (Namer APC/IFV/AFV)
- Patria MCV
- Strider ARC(Fennek ARC)
- NLOS Artilery
- UGV(modular system)
- Civilian vehicles
- Law enforcement vehicle
- AA Panther
P07 (CZ P-07 Duty)
- Bounding mines(jumping)
- Trip wires
- Directional claymores
- Collimator sight
- Combat optical sight
- Sniper sight
- NVG sight
- FLIR sight
- Flash hider
- Sound suppressor
- Laser marker
- Mark 4 HAMR
- AN/PVS-15 NVG
- NATO Load bearing vest
- NATO tactical bandolier
- OPFOR load bearing vest
- OPFOR LBV Grenadier Harness ***
- NATO Assault helmet
- NATO SOF Helmet
- NATO Crewman helmet
- Jet Pilot helmet
- Recon helmet (right solider)
- Plate carrier vest (right solider)
- Chemical lights
- Mk.1 Deployable Battlefield Distraction a.k.a. Greek Girl Wearing a Bikini
- Helicopter crew helmet
- Camelback pouch
- Military cap
- Watch cap
- Medical kit
- NATO fatigues (MCP)
- Iranian fatigues (Hexacam)
- NATO fatigue pants
- DAGR HEDP
- 6.5x38 mm bullets
- Laser guided mortar shells
- Smoke mortar/artilery shells
- Ilumination(flare) mortar shells
- Caseless ammunition
- AIM-132 ASRAAM
- Multiple types of 45 mm rockets ( in AA,AT,AP)
- Naval mines
- Cluster bombs
Edited by Nikiller, 10 August 2012 - 07:46 AM.