Sign in to follow this  
Mykee36

Two Dayz accounts on one IP / 2 PC's?

Ok my son and I have two gaming PC's and 2 Steam accounts, one PC better than the other so we swap back and forth depending on who needs the better PC( say to play BF3). My son has installed and played the Dayz mod with the Six updater/Launcher on both PC's.

After watching him play it I am hooked on the Mod and we want to both play together online. Ok question? So if I buy the Arma 2 Combined Operations on my Steam account will I have to reinstall the six Updater(since he already has been playing under his account) or will it automatically recognize my account and serial number so I can play on one PC and my son play on the other??

I didnt know if the server save system would have issues with this. I dont want to spend 29.99 one a second copy of the game to find out I have to jump through loops to get us both playing at the same time on the 2 PC's.

I hope I make sense and thank everyone ahead of time for your help.

It would be best to have a separate user aswell as steam accounts. When you use six to launch the game it bypasses steam launch and uses the serial / profile stored in your windows user folder.

It's no problem at all to do on 2 pc's. (or more) I have 7 pc's at home and they can all join the same servers on whatever games we are all playing. All on same IP

Edited by Psyl3nt

Ok my son and I have two gaming PC's and 2 Steam accounts, one PC better than the other so we swap back and forth depending on who needs the better PC( say to play BF3). My son has installed and played the Dayz mod with the Six updater/Launcher on both PC's.

After watching him play it I am hooked on the Mod and we want to both play together online. Ok question? So if I buy the Arma 2 Combined Operations on my Steam account will I have to reinstall the six Updater(since he already has been playing under his account) or will it automatically recognize my account and serial number so I can play on one PC and my son play on the other??

I didnt know if the server save system would have issues with this. I dont want to spend 29.99 one a second copy of the game to find out I have to jump through loops to get us both playing at the same time on the 2 PC's.

I hope I make sense and thank everyone ahead of time for your help.

I wanted to try dayz out so I used my friend's steam account to install arma 2 and arma oa, then installed dayz and the launcher. I tried it out for a few days then decided, ok I want to buy this so we can play together. I only had to buy my own copy of arma 2 and arma oa on steam and that was it, I was playing on my own copy and had my own character in dayz. Nothing else to it.

My friend came over and we both played dayz on the same ip as well, on two steam steam accounts with two copies of arma 2.

On a side note, you can copy paste arma 2 and oa to your own steam folder saving you from having to redownload. Just make sure you "verify integirty of game cache" once you've done that by going to: games > games library > right click arma 2 + arma oa > properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache...

You may not have to do that but I needed to for it to work as it was missing 1 file on both.

Yoshi667, your post and links deserve a big thank you. The forum thread answered all my questions, have my second account up and running and my son and I are enjoying playing together.

Again thank you so much!.