Hello everyone.

A friend of mine. got VAC banned for no apparent reason while playing dayz and now cant join any server.

upon joining a dayz server, he waits for host, then gets the following message: game not available.

mind u, it was not a battleye ban.

How is that even possible if Arma 2 doesnt use vac, but uses battleye?

Please at least explain, what the hell has happened... :(

Edited by h3retic

lawl im sure no avoiding is invovled here. but now he has a vac ban on record and cant join any server which is just retarded, from my point of view.

iirc, VAC can ban you from steam games entirely.

He needs to take it up with steam... er, steam will tell him to take it up with VAC!

iirc, VAC can ban you from steam games entirely.

He needs to take it up with steam... er, steam will tell him to take it up with VAC!

I'm quite sure VAC is not able to ban you from your games "entirely."

so best thing to do is to contact steam support (or VAC)?

Your friend...what message did he get really?

The best indicator that your account has been banned by VAC is if you receive this message when attempting to access a VAC-secure server:

"Your connection to this secure server has been rejected. Because of past cheating violations, you have been banned from playing on all secure servers"

If you receive an error message stating "STEAMID IS BANNED" (or other similar messages) when attempting to connect to a server, your account is not banned by VAC - server administrators may ban you from a particular server (we cannot prevent this - whoever runs the server can ban players for any reason they desire).

If you find that you are banned from a large number of servers but your VAC status is in good standing, you have likely been banned by a third-party ban tool, such as Steambans or Punkbuster. These third-party tools are used by a large number of servers sharing a common database of banned ID's. These tools are unrelated to Steam and we cannot assist you in resolving this issue.

You will not be banned by the VAC system unless you login to a VAC-secure server with a cheat installed on your computer.

https://support.stea...=7849-Radz-6869

Edited by Drogur

I'm quite sure VAC is not able to ban you from your games "entirely."

Technicly they can since you do not own the games on Steam.

They have in their user agreement that "You are subject to account termination with no refund."

They can do whatever they want :/

http://www.rockpaper...ur-steam-games/

This article explains it pretty well.

i am 100% sure there was no cheating what so ever, wud that be by any third party program, aka hack, or game hook/cheat/scripting etc. this is a purely wtf moment when u play, log out, try to log back in later, and get the "u got banned" banner and hello to vac ban on record.

why on earth would vac even ban dayz players if its battleye's work to do so

i am 100% sure there was no cheating what so ever, wud that be by any third party program, aka hack, or game hook/cheat/scripting etc. this is a purely wtf moment when u play, log out, try to log back in later, and get the "u got banned" banner and hello to vac ban on record.

why on earth would vac even ban dayz players if its battleye's work to do so

I had this same thing happen with Origin once.

I got banned from Battlefield because EA was just like "HURR DURR Let's ban randoms."

Sorry about your friend and have him take it up with steam.

maybe this has something to do with the new system of log out/log in data base?

Technicly they can since you do not own the games on Steam.

They have in their user agreement that "You are subject to account termination with no refund."

They can do whatever they want :/

http://www.rockpaper...ur-steam-games/

This article explains it pretty well.

Let's clear two things out.

VAC = Valve Anti-Cheat

It's an anti-cheat system, like BattleEye.

If you get VAC banned, you are unable to connect to VAC servers of that game and any games made on the same engine.

(Example: You get banned in Counter-Strike: Source. You're VAC banned from CS:S, DoD:S, HL2, HL2:DM, and any mods to those games.)

But you can play CS 1.6 and Garry's Mod or CoD freely, even on the VAC servers.

Valve = The people behind Steam and VAC.

These guys are the ones who can shut down your entire account, and deny access to any and all games you've bought.