8 replies to this topic

#1 The Desolated

The Desolated

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

I was playing in a server today that I have a lot of progress on and have been playing here for awhile. But today; me and everyone else on the server was teleported to a spot on the map and everyone was shooting each other. I managed to abort quick enough. I decided that I should make my own server, so I don't have to deal with crap like that. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks.

#2 Tytanis

Tytanis

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

It's against the rules. You can't.

#3 Drogur

Drogur

Loves all, harm none, trust few

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1186 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

http://support.dayzmod.com/

Preparatus Supervive
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."

#4 The Desolated

The Desolated

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

But I see a bunch of servers on SixLauncher that are locked.

#5 wh33t

wh33t

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

But I see a bunch of servers on SixLauncher that are locked.

I know what you mean. The support community isn't very supportive yet either but we have to be patient. It's just a mod in it's infancy. I'm on the same mind track as you. I want my own private Hive and World together on a machine that I explicitly control that isn't linked in anyway to the central Hive. I want it passworded so friends and I can explore the world together with out worrying about BS admins and hackers.
  • The Desolated gave their beans

#6 Mr_Cracker

Mr_Cracker

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

I was playing in a server today that I have a lot of progress on and have been playing here for awhile. But today; me and everyone else on the server was teleported to a spot on the map and everyone was shooting each other. I managed to abort quick enough. I decided that I should make my own server, so I don't have to deal with crap like that. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks.

Check your inbox
Admin/Owner: FL 001
O9KGaming.com

#7 cm.

cm.

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:33 AM

google is your friend. There is nothing anyone from dayz can do about hosting a private server so go for your life.
ANZ1 ANZ2 ANZ3 ANZ4 ANZ5 - Provided by ausarma.org | Donate here!

#8 Bryan.S

Bryan.S

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

damn i wish i keep getting sniped in otmel no matter what server.

#9 Tysdad18

Tysdad18

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

I had the same issue today, teleported to one site the military base and then evryone getting shot. I too would like to be able to host my own game for friends that I have are new and trying to learn and to tweak their computers to play the game and to get the feel of the game. Any ideas how I can host a private server?