pooya

release that patch

I too am quite disappointed there has not been a hotfix for the graphical glitches. I'm cool with patch delays, but a game breaking bug should kinda be addressed asap.

Well I'm taking a break until the next patch is out,because artifacts.

Still it's an alpha, it has to be expected, I would even expect that kind of thing to happen in beta every now and then, probably because that's what betas were about before companies like EA turned it into early demos, by naming RCs betas.

Just play something else until it gets fixed and then get right back into TESTING.

No way, I love this patch. For some reason it's not affecting me, so I'm always raiding the tents in Stary and no one is around. YEAH! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

As much as the artifacting is a massive pain I've been able to loot the shit out of stary, Nth W airfield and heli crash sites without any other ppl around stuffing me up. I'm also aware that it'll be released when their ready.

So as pooya-gojee said.

DON'T WORRY GUYS, TAKE YOUR TIME.

ITT: self entitled morons complain about the lack of haste in there currently alpha FREE product.

Please note free, it cost you nothing and before you say "i bought arma for dayz" good for you, but you still did not buy dayz, so its still rockets baby, and he'll continue to hold it at his teet for aslong as he feels it has the need to suckle sweet sweet necter of zombie survival goodness from his rather flat chest

Edited by DahBunny

The graphical issues are 100% of the reason I don't play DayZ atm. And I'm sure this is not making a good impression on the new players who finally get DayZ working and then get Sh*it artifacts all over their screen.

Don't worry once the artifacts are fixed you'll realize how bad the hacking is

More demands from single brain celled jelly like organisms that self implode when they see a bug in an alpha mod..../sigh. As iv said to the other 999,999,999,999 Million people, its ready when its ready. If you dont want more bugs to implode about next patch, i would suggest being patient.

if this was just a mod and not an alpha for another game... (which is sorta what it is and got really lucky in its success) would anyone really accept this? i would say no. as a mod its not that great atm, as an alpha its fantastic. which is why its covered as an alpha right now for a larger game.

• Like 3

We have loads of people without food, loads of sick people and we have people that have a real life outside Dayz.....oh I forgot, we have those people without a life whos life depends only and I say only on Dayz being top notch. This is a Alpha, don't know how many fu..ng times people have to say this! I don't think Rocket delays the patch only to make people go away, he have a reason so just chill! Well maybe he do it to get rid of you whiners out there <_<

We have loads of people without food, loads of sick people and we have people that have a real life outside Dayz.....oh I forgot, we have those people without a life whos life depends only and I say only on Dayz being top notch. This is a Alpha, don't know how many fu..ng times people have to say this! I don't think Rocket delays the patch only to make people go away, he have a reason so just chill! Well maybe he do it to get rid of you whiners out there <_<

Yeah we have loads of humgry people in the world, but instead of lecturing people in a DayZ forum. why don't you go out and do something about it RIGHT NOW? Here, I'll even buy you a bus ticket so you can go feed the poor faster. As for us having no life for being impatient about a DaYZ patch, you're a guy with 100+ posts to you name, unlike most of us here.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket
  • Like 1

Yeah we have loads of humgry people in the world, but instead of lecturing people in a DayZ forum. why don't you go out and do something about it RIGHT NOW? Here, I'll even buy you a bus ticket. As for us having no life for being impatient about a DaYZ patch, you're a guy with 100+ posts to you name, unlike most of us here.

Haha you know much about my life for being a stranger but you know what? I won't defend myself cause I don't need to. Energy should be spent on those things who deservs it, you? Na I don't think so -hugs and kisses-

Haha you know much about my life for being a stranger but you know what? I won't defend myself cause I don't need to. Energy should be spent on those things who deservs it, you? Na I don't think so -hugs and kisses-

Ha! Loser.

• Like 1

i dont care about their problems, i care about my first world problems and right now its Dayz stuff

Well there is valid agrument to be made. Aug 1st was 8 days ago.. An update would be nice.. it is a community after all.

Rocket is busy posting on Reddit about things...but not here. lol.

Even though OP is an idiot, he is kinda right. Its been two weeks. Yes, these things take time, however, the way its being done seems idiotic.

I dont get why rocket didnt/doesnt just release a hotfix for the graphics problem only. He has had a fix for a while now but he decides to wait until he can bundle it in with the next big patch(he said this in an interview). Uhhh why do this?

This is really game breaking. You can't go to any popular spots without artifacting making the game unplayable.

• Like 3

OK the problem isn't that there is a bug. We get it. Alpha. Deal with it. That routine.

The problem is the way that Rocket is (not) handling it. People are just saying "it'll be done when it's done" and yeah, I get that. Fixing problems takes time and it's gruelling work.

The problem is that the day after he said it would be released, he told Machinima.com the body glitch was fixed, and that he was turning what was supposed to be a HOTFIX to fix a game breaking problem which has existed for about two full weeks now has become a full blown patch with no estimated release date. This, the way I see it, is just poor form.

In addition, people act as if we don't have the right to get our panties in a knot because "we didn't buy DayZ, we bought ArmA II" when the reality is we bought DayZ. Who actually happened to HAVE ArmA II before DayZ came out?

As someone who joined the game about the same time the artifact issue was released, I can say with confidence that I am unimpressed with the way this whole situation has been handled, and if this is any indication of a trend that might arise (or already has arisen? haven't been around long enough), I will be seriously reconsidering buying the standalone, which is a tragedy because DayZ really has a monopoly on a unique and immersive style of game that I have never encountered before.

Edited by Nine Fingers
  • Like 5

This thread is disgusting. People come here to talk about the artifacts and they get flamed and insulted by a bunch of strangers.

For those who don't know what it's like, watch this video for 20 seconds:

It's like having someone scream directly into your eyeballs. The people who don't have this problem not only show a complete lack of understanding to those of us who do - I'm seeing actual hostility directed at us because we have the nerve to complain about it.

This was a small and simple problem that could have been fixed in a day. Instead, Rocket is doing interviews and talking about dogs now. In the meantime, the game is unplayable for hundreds of thousands of people. I would guess that most of us have stopped playing the game. I know I have. And I'm starting to think Rocket may be way too inexperienced to handle a standalone game if he can't even run his mod properly. Eight days with no hotfix is unforgivable.

• Like 9

Hot Fix? you know i don't even care anymore.. I'm not renewing my HFB server.. Tents/Hackers/Lostitems... You have to count the crap in your tent/car before it spills out onto the floor.. how hard can this be.. it would be bearable if anyone would even give an update instead of WOOF F'n WOOF..I can live without dogs.. wtf really?

• Like 1

Oh stop victimizing yourself, i to get the artifacting, and yes, i told him to buck and be patience, why, its an alpha of a game, that is not even on the correct engine of the full product, you have payed nothing for dayz, and it is rockets baby to do with as he so pleases, so rather then bitching like a small child, take care of other stuff while you wait, these things take time, you try coding a patch for million people trying to fufill all there expectation, its not fucking easy.

So once again is the punchline

Buck up, grow some balls, stop victimizing yourself, and learn to be patience.

Your only human, but jesus, just because your human you don't need to make me want to hurt myself repeatedly just for being the same species as you.

• Like 2

at least give us a timeline... so we know when to expect the update...

they didint need to do so mucht..they could just turn the animation files back to the version that it was ok...and then take their time and make an update,,,

DahBunny, you have nothing to add to this conversation. We know it's an alpha; we know it's a mod. If you can't post on topic, please stop posting in this thread. Honestly, calling us small children for talking about a bug makes me surprised that you're still allowed to post here. Learn some basic etiquette.

• Like 2

How about all the whiners shut the fuck up? People have no idea what they are talking about most of the time in this thread. How about turning down your graphics settings, bet that helps!

Please flame away some more, I like a laugh.

Oh and remember, it was your choice to buy the game to play the mod...

@ Bungle

What pile of shite are you on about? You really dont have a clue, please carry on.

I dont get all the crying about bugs and the patch. OMG its a free MOD.. Can you imagine how much time Rocket invests in this?

You should be thankfull that this mod exists...

I think its incredible how many things changed in the last weeks... And of course there are bugs and of course some people are abusing wormholes in the game... But its an alpha so what do you expect?

There are so many game developers who bring out their games and get up to 60€ for it although the game is full of Bugs.. I remember playing Dead Island.. It was awful and i paid money for it.

And do you " ALL THE CRYERS" really think that whining and flaming is making it faster for Rocket or the devteam? emm i think not!

Be thankful for this nice Mod!

Iam

DahBunny, you have nothing to add to this conversation. We know it's an alpha; we know it's a mod. If you can't post on topic, please stop posting in this thread. Honestly, calling us small children for talking about a bug makes me surprised that you're still allowed to post here. Learn some basic etiquette.

etiquette? Oh, were getting onto etiquette now, i see, because thats ontopic, thus working against the same statment you tried to use to undermine my own statement, You realise that biting the hand that feeds and whining repeatedly does not entitle you, as a person, to be able to decide whats on topic, i think my comment is perfectly on topic, considering that this is indeed a topic for complainning about the patch, and i posted a counter arguement that you felt strong enough about to respond to using tactics similar to that of someone with little response other then "nou" would use.

So yes, im personally upset that self-entitled morons may rush out an update by using there insesant whining, which considering the topic, this is completely on.

• Like 2