pooya

release that patch

So what you are saying is.. We shouldn't download the Mod and expect communication about it being fixed.. I see, and that would lead to the stand alone version how exactly? Without a community of whiners Rocket would never be in BI as a project manager.. Get real.

Edited by gwbrewer

Oh stop victimizing yourself, i to get the artifacting, and yes, i told him to buck and be patience, why, its an alpha of a game, that is not even on the correct engine of the full product, you have payed nothing for dayz, and it is rockets baby to do with as he so pleases, so rather then bitching like a small child, take care of other stuff while you wait, these things take time, you try coding a patch for million people trying to

Oh yes? Thousands of people have only bought ARMA II / CO to play DayZ and made it possible for rocket to make a standalone version of the game. So yes, we have paid for DayZ in a different way and rocket should stop ignoring massive gamebreaking problems and give us a damn hotfix instead of dogs.

Edited by Shrayer

Bump. I miss my DayZ! Is anyone playing anymore? Is there any way to get rid of the artifacting??

There are multiple ways to reduce or negate the artifacting, available to any and all via the forum search function.

I wonder how many posters in this thread have actually bothered looking though.

I'm starting to get sick of this bizarre sense of entitlement that a lot of people seem to have, that because they bought a game specifically to play a mod for it, that the ALPHA mod makers must adhere specifically to their own set of ideas on how and when patches should be released. And the constant poking at Rocket for the fact that he is being interviewed and releasing articles to increase the awareness and interest in his project. Are you all fucking mad, or have you simply been living in your parents basement too long and the bright reality outdoors has simply become too much for you to comprehend?

Welcome to DEVELOPMENT.

Edited by chipdemon

Oh yes? Thousands of people have only bought ARMA II / CO to play DayZ and made it possible for rocket to make a standalone version of the game. So yes, we have paid for DayZ in a different way and rocket should stop ignoring massive gamebreaking problems and give us a damn hotfix instead of dogs.

Oh yes it's totally Rockets fault that people bought Arma II/CO to play Dayz even though they knew this is an Alpha. Damn you Rocket for making this awesome mod!

I really feel sorry for Rocket and I'm glad that there are people who take this game as it is, an Alpha and enjoy it and can wait for it to get better and minimize the glitches cause if there was only whiners who doesn't give a fuck about all the work Rocket puts into this mod I would if I was Rocket, totally stop working with this game and let you all whiners stay with a partly non top notch Alpha!

I really get pissed of all you egoistic suckers who just think about yourself and your damn Dayz!!!! Yeah I will get so many people pissed cause I say this but I don't give a fuck!

Guys they dont care about the patch atm. I am 90% sure they are working on the standalone to have something to show for Gamescom coming up in a week.

There are multiple ways to reduce or negate the artifacting, available to any and all via the forum search function.

I wonder how many posters in this thread have actually bothered looking though.

Ive looked at the threads. None have conclusive fixes, hence the bump. Replacing the anim files seems promising. Can I still play .4 after replacing this file?

• Like 1

Ive only had artifacting once since I started (only like 10 hours albeit). Definitely not game breaking, maybe im lucky? Even every 5 hours would be fine to me.

I get it everytime I play and I usually log out and in again. It's fine for a short while then it usually shows up again. It's frustrating but its totally playable and it's an Alpha so I don't mind. It will be fixed eventually :)

Oh yes it's totally Rockets fault that people bought Arma II/CO to play Dayz even though they knew this is an Alpha. Damn you Rocket for making this awesome mod!

I really feel sorry for Rocket and I'm glad that there are people who take this game as it is, an Alpha and enjoy it and can wait for it to get better and minimize the glitches cause if there was only whiners who doesn't give a fuck about all the work Rocket puts into this mod I would if I was Rocket, totally stop working with this game and let you all whiners stay with a partly non top notch Alpha!

I really get pissed of all you egoistic suckers who just think about yourself and your damn Dayz!!!! Yeah I will get so many people pissed cause I say this but I don't give a fuck!

Artifacting doesnt affect me in any way btw.

I know its an alpha but still, if somethings broken it needs to be fixed. And ignoring ao many posts about people having those artifacts just makes me believe he doesnt care about the community ( the people that made this game become so popular). I dont blame rocket for giving interviews oe working on the standalone of dayZ but the lack of caring about the community.

Anyway im gonna go hut down some guys blinded by artifacts now :P

Have a nice day/night

Edited by Shrayer

I may have done the flush thing wrong or not enough times in a row. Going to try that and config file edit and see how it goes. Thing is, me and my buddy humped a bunch of car parts to Green Mountain with hopes of fixing up a vehicle if we were lucky enough to find one. We unfortunately had to log due to being in a river of triangles. He's decided not to play until there is a patch or hotfix but Im dying to go in there and have a look!

That is an approximate date of 1.7.2.5 not 1.7.3 now calm down complaining is not going to help.

[...] So yes, im personally upset that self-entitled morons may rush out an update by using there insesant whining, which considering the topic, this is completely on.

Rather rush out one or two updates that are aimed to fix one screw-up from a previous patch than making about 50% of all users of the mod have an unplayable experience for at least 1-2 weeks just to add "more" to an update.

Hotfixes can fix more than bigger patches may fix. Consider this: A hotfix for the graphics issues may also bring bugs, but a patch that contains said fix and dozens new features may bring even more bugs (and I'm certain it will, given the nature of this mod and how buggy the engine tends to be). So yeah, we're self-entitled because there's a graphical issue related to some 3D-models that may be fixable in a small, easy-to-do hotfix which would immediately make the game playable again for a ton of players?

Edited by TachiFoxy

Rather rush out one or two updates that are aimed to fix one screw-up from a previous patch than making about 50% of all users of the mod have an unplayable experience for at least 1-2 weeks just to add "more" to an update.

And any update that is "rushed out" will never cause more problems than it fixes, will it? Also to say that 50% of all users are having the problem is a stupidly arbitrary number, half a million users are having these problems, are you sure about that?

I'd prefer to deal with the problems temporarily my end, and wait for a decent tested fix, rather than see the mod makers cave in to a rabble on the forums and rush out a fix and watch 10x more problems surface.

There is a decided lack of patience and people willing to search, think, test, and fix their own problems in this thread.

• Like 1

For god sake... what’s your problem guy... you really don’t have artifacting? ... You really can play the game easily ...so just shut up and go on your playing...why you bother us with the bug issue...

This artifacting ruin the game big time... and the hot fix is nothing but just bunch of hours of coding...or the easiest way is to release a hot fix to rollback the animation to the previous version

so for those who say " they must work on the update to make something good with lots of new features" we say..."fuck new thing just fix our fucking artifacting" (so we got so much different opinion on this)

and for those who say "this is a mod and you can’t demand anything" i say... have you ever played a good mod?...really good mod (like dayz itself)...so I’ve played some...and i know that they may release a patch twice a year but they will rush to fix the bugs (and actually rush for bugs like the artifacting).

So plzzz ...if you are fine with the game at the moment...press the close tab button and leave this thread...

And any update that is "rushed out" will never cause more problems than it fixes, will it? Also to say that 50% of all users are having the problem is a stupidly arbitrary number, half a million users are having these problems, are you sure about that? [...]

Out of all my friends who play this (about 12), at least 6 complained to me about those graphical issues, with them all having various configurations (AMD-NV, Intel-NV, AMD-AMD, Intel-AMD etc) so yes, I do claim it's 50% because of the variety of the configurations and those that report issues.

But then again, only those complain that do get close to said areas where the bugs are obvious (NWAF, near military places...), so not everyone may notice it.

On a side-note: Rocket released 1.7.2.5 as manual hotfix to fix said issues now. So, just for you: :3

Edited by TachiFoxy