pieisdeath

Trading outpost

This is going to be set back until the Standalone goes Live to hopefully avoid the ScriptKiddies

I had the idea of trying to set up a trading outpost on a server in dayz, to make this work i would need three sets of people, people who go out and loot items that people will require, i will need the traders and lastly i will need the security.

I'm not entirely sure how many people i would need for this but if anyone is interested post a comment please. I am thinking about setting up the trading outpost in the fields at stary sobor. i am planning to do this because of the high amount of empty fields that the downed choppers can spawn at and the close proximity of the NW airfield and the stary military tents which would give us a large income of supplies for the trading, the whole thing would be secured from the zombies by the use of sandbag walls or other fortifying materials as zombies cannot climb over sandbags and we would also have the security stationed around the trading outpost to make sure no one causes trouble.

the only way i can get this to happen is with the support of the community so thanks for even reading this

also sorry if this is being posted in the wrong place i dont use forums a lot.

thanks

We now have a place for the trading outpost to be placed and we have decided how it is going to be set out. all we need now is more people and more people that are willing to go around to find sandbags, wire fences and stuff like that including tents

cheers

EDIT

we now have some vehicles and we have started collecting barbed wire kits and sandbags so once i get to where im going im gonna start building the trading outpost. we will still need more people to help and we will also need more sandbags and wire fencing kits

once again thanks for all the help

EDIT

we have now started building the trading outpost now called Chern R us trading from a contribuition from TheSO, but we have run out of materials at the min so as soon as we get those and finish building we can start trading.

EDIT

we have run into a slight problem that has caused the plans to stall until it is fixed. our vehicles despawned so once we have got new ones and got everything we need then we will be ready but it might be a little while because of the random chances of finding vehicles

Edited by Pieisdeath
  • Like 9

This is a great idea, but I think it would be far too easy to infiltrate this group and ruin the whole operation. I'd like to get involved though.

• Like 1

Umm.. How long have you even been playing?

Got anyone to start this idea with you?

etc.

ill help. id love too! anything you need. B) :beans: hmu on skype skinni.isreal

Edited by OWDz

okay cool responses already. anywho green i take it you have steam so do you want to message me your steam name and ill talk to you about it or skype im not bothered which and hunter i have played this game for at least a couple of weeks so i understand a lot about it and surprisingly i haven't died that often. and at the min unless i can get some of my friends to help out with this idea i dont have anyone to help me thats why i posted on here and to the etc. i have no idea what else it is you want to know so i kinda cant answer that but yeah cheers for the quick responses

Just give up. There is already many groups doing this including Freeside Trading Co. http://www.freesidetrading.co

And as far as I'm concerned, we are the leading trading group. Soooooooooooooooooo

Edited by Cori

Why not let them be? Don't discourage them from setting up on another server.

I could see a place where people gather that is just an organized area.

tbh Id like to see a general store where people come in and trade for ammo/weapons they need.

• Like 3

okay cool responses already. anywho green i take it you have steam so do you want to message me your steam name and ill talk to you about it or skype im not bothered which and hunter i have played this game for at least a couple of weeks so i understand a lot about it and surprisingly i haven't died that often. and at the min unless i can get some of my friends to help out with this idea i dont have anyone to help me thats why i posted on here and to the etc. i have no idea what else it is you want to know so i kinda cant answer that but yeah cheers for the quick responses

I have a idea similar to this, but a colony idea. If you'd like to help out come drop a post http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65109-us-1040-colony-idea/

Just give up. There is already many groups doing this including Freeside Trading Co. http://www.freesidetrading.co

And as far as I'm concerned, we are the leading trading group. Soooooooooooooooooo

Are you the tards that shut your server down when not enough people are on? TRololol. Don't go dissing other peoples suggestions just because you have a post running, over 1M people on DayZ you think you can serve ALL of them ? Hop off.

• Like 3

Also, my idea is a safe haven for survivors, as well as a trading post. Could turn into something good who knows.

I fully support this.

I could bring you gear when you get set up, once we find new vehicles we will start gathering again (a hacker teleported them all to the ocean)

Throw me a PM when/if you get set up and ill throw my extra gear your way.

I could get on board. I'd be willing to do anything. Skype:Dartendal. Steam:Dartendal. Or, just throw me a PM.

cheers for all the offers of help and those people that have ideas for colonies why dont we sort of group together and get both goals done at the same time? that might improve our chances. and cori thanks for your advice but i think that i will carry on with my idea. thanks anyway though. and im just about to add people to skype

I'd be game for this, would happily provide overwatch/security against bandits and the like. Plus i'm just north of Stary anyway so it won't even be that far of a walk for me.

Same thing will happen once a hacker figures out your location.

Inb4 nuked.

then zombie i hope the hackers feel that im not worth thier while to nuke me and besides if they do ill start again and cheers for the posts offering help and once i get fully started i will be hopefully asking for that help gearwise

Are you the tards that shut your server down when not enough people are on? TRololol. Don't go dissing other peoples suggestions just because you have a post running, over 1M people on DayZ you think you can serve ALL of them ? Hop off.

I for one do not discourage others from attempting their own trading posts and I wish Pieisdeath the best of luck. I will offer this word of advice to him/her though, know what your getting yourself into, something like this requires a huge investment of time and effort and more often then not you'll find that you have less and less time to actually play.

As for shutting our server down, it is open 24/7, so long as there isn't a hacker attack that needs to be dealt with or technical issues, I don't know where you got that idea from.

Vulwulf

Co-CEO of Freeside Trading Co

Edited by Vulwulf

thanks for the good luck vulwulf. and yeah i do know how much it is gonna take up but when im playing at the min all i do is wander around looking for downed choppers so doing something like this would help me play the game even more. oh and by the way im a he

we have already got some progress going. this progress would be the addition of some people that will help, also we have a few locations that the trading outpost could go i just have to have a look at them to see if they are suitable and once we are set up we will say where we are, we have also discussed ways of organising the outpost with defences and the actual trading, so with the plans we are slowly getting there. mostly we still need more people that would be willing to take part in this and to help us set it up.

cheers.

I am up for joining as security. got tons of sandbags.. and a couple of tents.

Closing my own server down tonight because of hobo tons anywhere and hackers have been spawning concrete blocks inside of buildings so we are not able to loot the high value places.

okay cool ColonelShade. do you have skype? cause that would make it easier for us to talk

Me and my friend are interested may have a 3rd to join in we are at stary at the moment he jsut died so we are looting but it would be nice to try it out i have all the stuff i need for over watch just not a rifle i have a M14 Aim atm but surely with this operation we could get a rifle easy add me on skype (TAK1N_L1VES)

Hopefully some of the ideas we spitballed last night come to fruition, lots of ideas went back and forth.

I won't be on tonight, but I should hopefully be on Friday night, if you're game we could scout some of the locations?

I'd offer my m16 w/m203 and 5 mags and 3 HE grenades to the cause, I'm not a fan of it to be honest.

yeah ok TheSO tomorrow scouting out locations today im gonna try and find some vehicles