griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

good news about the stand alone. this game is big. good one for rocket. i hope they pay him bucket loads of cash

• Like 1

will chernarus be ported to the arma 3 engine ? and updated with more enter-able buildings ?

will they also make more islands in the dayZ game ? i mean stratis and the other arma 3 island are nice for dayz but that would make DAYZ game a mod on those maps i guess.

would be nice if it was 4 season map(s).

Congratulations , makes me proud being a fellow Kiwi ;)

Choice bro ;)

• Like 1

Congratulations to the team!

Well deserved!

I did buy Combined Operations for this Mod alone but realised in time I would have to pay again for stand alone. Also, found out what an amazing game Arma 2 is in the deal :)

Thank you team for sharing this Mod and allowing us to play it for free whilst you develop the full game :)

This could also mean the Arma 3 community alpha will be out before the end of the year...and I'm speculating here.

In E3 BIS promised that community alpha will be out this SUMMER! Liars!

• Like 1

Now shut up and take my money already!

It's the perfect use for me. I'm really happy that it makes the jump to the Arma 3 engine.

So... standalone will start as alpha too. Will rocket finish the work on the alpha mod too?

If only you guys could have experienced what I did way back when before there were guides, tutorials, maps etc...playing for the first time in the pitch black (before the gamma exploit was known).

I know this will fall on deaf ears; when the standalone comes out, do yourself a favour and do not look at maps/guides...the experience is 10x greater when you are truly lost in the woods.

For sure! I will maybe only use a virtual ingame map with no loot spawns etc. Maps are fine, but I really thought about playing without destroying the "magic".

Edited by ToasterDiagramm

Awesome news.

I am so happy to hear the BIS took this up.

Rocket and team, congrats!

• Like 1

This is fantastic new for Dayz.

There's a lot of community questions incoming I'm sure!

Engine? Will it be ARMA 3's?

you're an idiot, look at the first post he says it will run on arma 3 engine.
  • Like 1

I know this will fall on deaf ears; when the standalone comes out, do yourself a favour and do not look at maps/guides...the experience is 10x greater when you are truly lost in the woods.

I hear you. I wish there was some way to prevent maps and guides from being made.

• Like 4

I'm in total agreement with you on this.

When I started playing the DayZ mod (end of July), like many other players,

I used the established online maps.

Not using any of these maps, would have added another level of immersion, that I lost out on.

Old habits from other games, and caving in to a bit of self-hand-holding.

Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

Just as I thought, it will be in ARMA 3 engine. Really nice.

I bought ARMA 2 just because of DayZ and know what? I just discovered that ARMA is also a great game, and I've been having double the fun I expected.

I wish good luck to the DayZ dev team and it's community.

• Like 4

Just as I thought, it will be in ARMA 3 engine. Really nice.

Where has that been confirmed yet?

But good drills Rocket and co. Looking forward to this.

Congratulations to Rocket and all the devs involved. I'm so glad DayZ is going to be made 'proper' and equally excited that BIS are involved too.

You(the devs) should consider making pre-orders available via a minimum donation. Squad did this with Kerbal Space Program, I and many others paid above the minimum donation to get access to the beta builds and final product.

Good Luck DayZ team. I really am so happy for you :thumbsup:

Edited by BoneMender
  • Like 1

Rocket has made a fantastic mod which you have yet to pay a dime for.

He gets no money from ArmA 2 sales, and no money from DayZ.

If you're unwilling to support his work, then you shouldn't reap the benefits of it.

• Like 3

Congrads to Rocket and all the other devs. DayZ is a fantastic mod and when it becomes its own game it can only get better!

Question though; Will it become compatiable with MAC?

I have Windows 7 but I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Where has that been confirmed yet?

But good drills Rocket and co. Looking forward to this.

Yes man, look at the initial post.

Good drills indeed.

Updated OP.

Dean will announce the engine DayZ is running on in the not too distant future

• Like 4

Rocket has made a fantastic mod which you have yet to pay a dime for.

He gets no money from ArmA 2 sales, and no money from DayZ.

If you're unwilling to support his work, then you shouldn't reap the benefits of it.

You replying directly to me ?

Squad made KSP available for a minimum donation, I think it was $7 at the time I purchased it. This give the community access to beta builds and the final release. The $7 was a discounted pre-order price and I donated a lot more than $7 for this wonderful little game.

I'd pay above a minimum donation to get beta/early access to DayZ too. I appreciate how much time and energy that goes into a project like this and am willing to pay good money for good products. I'm a massive supporter of the gaming industry by simply buying and not pirating any of the hundreds of games I play too.

Edited by BoneMender