griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

dose any one have the info/specs on the Real Virtuality 4 engine how flexibly will it be for dayZ i'm guessing that rocket will be allowed to "re-jiged" that engine as he will need an engine that is more specified for dayz

Thx for the news and keep up the good work rocket love the game and its experience. cant say much more just that im happy you made it.

Wait was rocket previously unemployed, I mean while making and updating the mod? That's one hell of an interview if you could call it that.

"...and what can you bring to our company?''

How about 1 million players ready to shell out cash!

Very happy to see this, great work to everybody involved in its creation.

• Like 6

Awesome news. Only one thing to say:

Hhn4w.gif

Edited by Chaos5061
  • Like 29

I'm guessing this is why the mod has gone very very quiet in the last 2 weeks, lots going on and getting sorted in the background for the standalone.

Very very good news, perhaps we will stop hearing so much hacker moaning (yes I know it sucks, but everyone knows it is a problem and will be sorted for the standalone).

Can't wait for the upgraded lighting, buffed inventory interface, no more duping, jaw dropping graphics... I could go on.

• Like 3

I'm guessing this is why the mod has gone very very quiet in the last 2 weeks, lots going on and getting sorted in the background for the standalone.

Very very good news, perhaps we will stop hearing so much hacker moaning (yes I know it sucks, but everyone knows it is a problem and will be sorted for the standalone).

Can't wait for the upgraded lighting, buffed inventory interface, no more duping, jaw dropping graphics... I could go on.

yeah i wondered the same , why was it being so quiet? and I figured the whole "end of the beginning" quote was a hint to something great.

Good job and good luck Rocket, I give thou my beans.

Quick question tho, will our current characters some how be able to be ported over to the new engine? or will we all start fresh, which will be awesome

Edited by Blackwater
  • Like 1

so... there will be dayz the mod. .and dayz the game... what will be the difference altogether?? besides the obvious stuff

AMAZING NEWS! Cannot wait to see the amazing features you are going to throw in rocket now that you are not limited by ArmA 2's assets! I can see some of your original idea's already! FREAKING STOKED! I'd be willing to pay right fucking now.

Things I am hoping for: Higher Character Customization, Dismemberment (Saw tech footage of the new engine for ArmA 3), CONTINUING the brutality of the games mechanics (no COD shit, keep the simulated shooting.)... So on.

Keep up the hard work Rocket! As well as the lucky men and women getting to work on the Standalone DayZ project!!!

But the mod, will still free? because I bought ArmA II only for DayZ

the mod might be still available, not sure. they may end dayz mod and use all the "hive" resources for the DayZ game.

This could also mean the Arma 3 community alpha will be out before the end of the year...and I'm speculating here.

Edited by Griff
  • Like 4

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

And so we see clear proof why you need years of schooling to be a proper PM.

I would gladly pay 60 bucks for this game.

Great work, gentlemen! :thumbsup:

I've already gotten my money's worth out of Arma 2 with this mod, and I will happily buy the standalone.

I am just wondering if the mod is officially retired in favor of the new game.

Just read the mod and standalone will be developed in parallel. Hopefully the mod continues to be fun until the standalone is available.

Edited by edonovan

Thread unlocked. I don't want to see anyone posting anything like;

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

People who fail to heed this warning will receive one.

AHMEN!

Keep fighting the good fight here in the forums Griff!

• Like 2

Great news! Bought Arma II just for the mod, and even if Im not at all interested in Arma, I got my moneys worth.

My guess for the mod is that it will be brought to a stable version, then they will stop adding new features and focus on the standalone, and i actually hope this is the way they do it. Then we will have a stable mod to play while waiting for the standalone to be released.

• Like 6

THX for making the dayz game on the same engine as arma3! (And not on the older one)

Edited by friiky2

I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!

=D

I'm too bored with my life... Anyway. Glad to see this is finally going standalone. And I am more then willing to pay 20$ for this game, since it's something I have been looking for my whole life. That is quite literal by the way.

Good luck getting there though. With hackers and bugs being quite a bitch, it may take a few years to get anywhere near that point.

LMAO. 20 bucks and you have been waiting all your ? last of the big spenders

• Like 6

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

"DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model."