vicallen

Romero style zombies!

I've been thinking that would be nice that instead of running zombies , it would be great to have huge hordes of slow and resistant zombies. The headshot should be the only way to kill them. Melee weapons could be a very realistic way of fighting. Weapons + melee = great diversity of killing and surviving pleasure!

What do you think?

Many, many threads about this.

Fortunately/unfortunately, Romero isn't making this mod. And personally I think even if he was, he would want to try something different instead of rehashing the same stuff again and again.

Many' date=' many threads about this.

Fortunately/unfortunately, Romero isn't making this mod. And personally I think even if he was, he would want to try something different instead of rehashing the same stuff again and again.

[/quote']

I seem to remember a thread where you said "They are not dead." in reference to your zombies. Maybe we could have a FAQ or something covering the most popular (most duplicated) threads?

Many' date=' many threads about this.

[/quote']

I seem to remember a thread where you said "They are not dead." in reference to your zombies. Maybe we could have a FAQ or something covering the most popular (most duplicated) threads?

great idea!:heart:

If "they are not dead" I think they shouldn't be called zombies, "infected" may be a proper way to call them. Anyway, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I think this mod is awesome! I've been waiting this for years.

I seem to remember it having been said that they are a play on modern fears. Probably one of a (viral) infection and so the "zeds" are sick people and the survivors are the few who were immune. Think 28 Days Later (only without a transmissible infection), not zombies.

In any case, they run ridiculously fast. It breaks my immersion when both the player and the zombies end up hauling ass cross-country through the entirety of Chernarus without breaking a sweat. Sure, one could technobabble that their condition might give them a natural boost somewhat like metamphetamine does, but the problem remains that the player has very limited options to solve the dilemma of a chasing horde.

Most of the problems come from the clumsy Arma2 engine, though. It simply does not do fast action. Getting onto a ladder takes more than enough time it takes for the zeds to break a bone or two! Crawling through a crack in a wall takes even longer, and even if you succeed, the zeds will glitch through the wall after you.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't mind the "fast zombies", I just wish the game engine wasn't an enemy to fight against as well.

I seem to remember it having been said that they are a play on modern fears. Probably one of a (viral) infection and so the "zeds" are sick people and the survivors are the few who were immune. Think 28 Days Later (only without a transmissible infection)' date=' not zombies.

In any case, they run ridiculously fast. It breaks my immersion when both the player and the zombies end up hauling ass cross-country through the entirety of Chernarus without breaking a sweat. Sure, one could technobabble that their condition might give them a natural boost somewhat like metamphetamine does, but the problem remains that the player has very limited options to solve the dilemma of a chasing horde.

Most of the problems come from the clumsy Arma2 engine, though. It simply does not do fast action. Getting onto a ladder takes more than enough time it takes for the zeds to break a bone or two! Crawling through a crack in a wall takes even longer, and even if you succeed, the zeds will glitch through the wall after you.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't mind the "fast zombies", I just wish the game engine wasn't an enemy to fight against as well.

[/quote']

+1