mattlightfoot

What should our next competition be?

What about a "Story Competition". Collecting the storys and experiences of surivors and bandits and then voting for the best one. I mean, this is what DayZ is about. gaining unforgettable Experiences and Story you can still narrate when your gray and old. Storys about friendship and bravery. Stories about betrayal and tragedy.. Thats DayZ. Thats what makes it so special.

Here is one of the storys i have to thank DayZ for:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5179

I'd like to suggest that rather than a trailer perhaps something more along the lines of a "journal entry" that was 3-5 minutes long. That way it could be anything from raw gameplay to a full production with special effects if people wanted. Something where someone can show "their story" in what ever way they wanted.

See who can get a screenshot of themselves beside the place name road sign of every named town first.

Would require players to visit towns they would never normally visit and make those that managed to get away from them return to Cherno and Elektro.

• Like 1

See who can get a screenshot of themselves beside the place name road sign of every named town first.

Would require players to visit towns they would never normally visit and make those that managed to get away from them return to Cherno and Elektro.

That.... Sounds like a fun idea.

Whatever the competition, the prize has to be a can of beans in the mail.

• Like 1

What about a "Story Competition". Collecting the storys and experiences of surivors and bandits and then voting for the best one. I mean' date=' this is what DayZ is about. gaining unforgettable Experiences and Story you can still narrate when your gray and old. Storys about friendship and bravery. Stories about betrayal and tragedy.. Thats DayZ. Thats what makes it so special.

Here is one of the storys i have to thank DayZ for:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5179

[/quote']

THIS!!! Would be awesome :D

I also agree with the fan-made trailer, would be equally good as the story idea. Could hold both of them as a separate competition :)

A wallpaper competition would also be pretty cool

id like to see just a comedy contest in general must include clear day z elements.... =P

machinima

artworks (draws, paints ,etc)

Soundtrack contest (to get new music theme from the darkside : compositor challenge)

Scavanger hunt!

option #1 Place several non-removable 'notes' around the map (in out-of the way/hard to reach/zombie infested places) that display something like a picture clue, riddle, or bearing that will direct the player to the next clue. The final clue should lead to a cache of certain weapons and/or supplies... there should be several treasure hunts going at the same time since its such a huge map..

Option #2

Create some simple, yet wacky sculptures (large to small) and hide them in several locations. Players should take screen-shots of them upon discovery, making sure to display their username inscreen (maybe their character in front of it) and disclose their grid location to the site judges only. An X amount of discoveries would lead to a prize appropriate to the difficulty/amount of these sculptures found....

A fan made trailer of course..

Nothing better to promote a game than a kickasss trailer of ingame footage which makes it look even more awesome than it actually is :-)

Logo competition? The cinematic competition would be awesome but those who don't have the game can't compete... (I have the game and it's awesome by the way !)

Our next competition should be who makes the BEST scenario for dayz.

The winner's scenario becomes the official scenario for DayZ