mattlightfoot

What should our next competition be?

Hi all,

currently we have the screen shot competition running for a prize, we have got to start thinking about the next one. What would you like to compete against your peers at?

I think a DayZ related meme competition would be a good one :D

What do you think?

• Like 19

Memes tend to end up being a formulaic plagiarism of each other with no real originality or creativity involved. You'll get pages and pages of template memes.

We could have an exploratory competition to encourage movement around the map. Something like a good old easter egg hunt. Put some special valuables in a special set of locations and the first people to find them are the winners. Though this is open to exploitation and imbalance... those with vehicles are at a huge advatage.

How about a golden ticket style comp? Stick chocolate bars in the game and have a couple spawn with golden tickets (codes) that can be given to you for some kind of privelege.

What about a race? Or how about a competition for the cleverest manipulation of zombies? Or for the most daring video. Or a community judged story competition.

Or what about, what about a competition to decide on a good kind of competition... that's meta-game shit, yo.

• Like 18

Making a DayZ movie/game trailer with in-game footage

• Like 44

Making a DayZ movie/game trailer with in-game footage

I agree with Griff, a good fan-made trailer would leave more time for you all to work on your (awesome) mod and it would give it a bit more publicity, maybe a lot more. :P

• Like 5

My vote fan made trailer! I will personally send the person a dayz prize if we go with this!

• Like 2

i am for real life dayz pictures competition, to recreate game atmosphere on the picture

• Like 7

The best quick scope compilation...

Ok. I dunno, maybe just something that involves the zombies.

• Like 1

Fanmade trailer and videos in general. Youtube is perhaps the best commercial board known to the Interwebber.

I concur. Great Idea.

I don't have Arma II so I can't really make a trailer or any screenshot.

Tho I've made some videos 2 years ago for the contests and I won VIP3 on MineCraft server.

Gonna edit this post when video will be uploaded.

Old video:

http://youtu.be/jZi_3CeEguA

I haven't put much work into this video.

Or also, i have another idea: Zed's and surivors sounds/voices

• Like 5

Props for fan made videos and logo. I'm also thinking the best zombie picture, like a picture with you and a bunch of zombies. I expect to see alot of zombie mobs chasing people across the fields.

• Like 1

ther s also the option: best custom face for OA / best reskinned zombie

• Like 2

i am for real life dayz pictures competition' date=' to recreate game atmosphere on the picture

[/quote']

THIS! I have an outfit I use for IDPA that looks almost exactly like the Survivor PMC skin some interesting and awesome photos could come from this. Plus not everyone has the software to do youtube videos this almost anyone can do

• Like 1

The two that sound the best are the cinematic trailer and the logo idea' date=' either of those sound very boss

[/quote']

Why don't we have both? *queue Mexican music* As separate competitions of course.

The cinematic trailer sounds great, the only issue I'm seeing for a high quality one would be the lack of ability to no-clip, remove HUD etc. to get anything without a mass of swearing and QQing in side chat, and your crosshair/player/weapon. While part of that would be useful for certain clips, if you want a properly cinematic one you'd need to remove that stuff.

Please lets do a fan made trailer competition. I would love to try out my skills with this. I just dont know how good it will look on my PC.

I have a shitty CPU...

Ya a Fans cinematic trailer looks like the BEST :idea: