Sign in to follow this  
TehBigRedOne

Zombies Too Annoying

It seems impossible to loot a town when you just respawn and zombies chase you through almost everywhere and its extremely annoying. I almost want to suggest that zombies do not attack you until you attack them, and that if you kill them they grant greater prizes rather than tin cans and bandages so people have a point to kill them.

• Like 1

The only point of killing zombies is to survive. You kill zombies to make sure they don't kill you, not for rewards. This isn't an Arcade Shooter.

And it makes no sense for zombies not to attack. That's the entire point of zombies, attacking you on sight.

If you're annoyed of zombies you have 2 choices:

1 - Leave DayZ, this mod is obviously not for you.

2 - Start crawling. Of course they'll chase you if you run around like a headless chicken.

• Like 4

I don't like the idea. If zombies won't attack people, this would be just survivor vs. survivor. As little threat zombies posses now-a-days.. I think we really don't need this update..

I agree the zombies are just annoying but you want to make them even more retarded? Wow the zombies need to be deadly not just annoying they need to pose a real fucking treat... Right now it feels like some dumb retarded AI I don't even have to care about because they are so easy to just outmanoeuvre.

This game definitely don't need to get easier we need way way way harder zombies and gameplay in general.

I agree the zombies are just annoying but you want to make them even more retarded? Wow the zombies need to be deadly not just annoying they need to pose a real fucking treat... Right now it feels like some dumb retarded AI I don't even have to care about because they are so easy to just outmanoeuvre.

This game definitely don't need to get easier we need way way way harder zombies and gameplay in general.

And PLENTY of zombies.. They just seem to rare for me. They should be all over the place.

They aren't even a bad thing in this game. I can go into a city fully undetected by those retards. Or I can run in a city and get into a city and let them walk in there. The only problem I have with them is that when they are on the chase, they don't stop, it's pretty hard to loose them in the forest. Other than that I think they should be a bit harder.

And PLENTY of zombies.. They just seem to rare for me. They should be all over the place.

Agreed there need to be big hordes of zombies, walking around the streets of cherno/elektro should be a feat in of it self!

They aren't even a bad thing in this game. I can go into a city fully undetected by those retards. Or I can run in a city and get into a city and let them walk in there. The only problem I have with them is that when they are on the chase, they don't stop, it's pretty hard to loose them in the forest. Other than that I think they should be a bit harder.

How are they hard to loose in the forest? It is one of the easiest places to get rid of them...

Edited by Grodenn

Agreed there need to be big hordes of zombies, walking around the streets of cherno/elektro should be a feat in of it self!

I agree, as it stands right now the only threat zombies present in this game is that they can give off your position to other survivors. Other than that they really serve as simply annoyances rather than a problem. I don't know how feasible it is to up the count for the the mod, but in the standalone game I would love to see the zombies difficulty ramped up a notch. I shouldn't be able to just run in and out of major city, without even worrying about the zombies.

Make zombies more annoying.

Headshot only would be nice, maybe high powered weaponry could knock them off their feet, but only headshot could kill them.

• Like 4

Headshot only would be nice, maybe high powered weaponry could knock them off their feet, but only headshot could kill them.

^this, plus with a standalone lets make it decaptitations for hatchets and i'm sold :D

That's something I would like to see, idk how well it would work with the current movement/animation cycle of the zombies. But ideally I would like to see excessive trauma to the brain as the only way to take them out. Body/Leg shots only serve to slow them down or knock them over.

Edited by gorillahands4

There movment just needs to be changed. Like I hate it how they run at you then dart off in another direction...

Personally I think there should be alot more zombies about and that there speed is reduced to walking pace. It gives the option to do hit and runs in towns and cities but if theres lots of them you just get swarmed by them...

I like the concept of the zombies requiring a headshot (or perhaps upper spine/neck) to kill them while everything else just gimps them. If this is done, though, I think they should be slowed down considerably. If they were slower, harder to kill, and hit you harder, the zombie factor would become almost as nerve wracking as pvp IMHO.

Zombies are annoying? Play Left4Dead or COD Black Ops.

For me are too easy to kill, and at moment they can't give me any sensation of fear.

There movment just needs to be changed. Like I hate it how they run at you then dart off in another direction...

Personally I think there should be alot more zombies about and that there speed is reduced to walking pace. It gives the option to do hit and runs in towns and cities but if theres lots of them you just get swarmed by them...

the reason this happens is because arma 2 is simulating a solders movement for a zombies and a solder wouldn't make a B-line strait for your face. thus the zig zag like they do in game. this will have to be fixed, but in the standalone. i hate it but we will have to live with it for now.

This is a myth. Handheld firearms do not knock people off their feet. If they did, the first person knocked off their feet would be the one pulling the trigger. It's possible that people react to being shot by trying to turn away from the bullet and trip or collapse from pain, but if zombies don't feel pain they would just keep running at you until you gibbed them. But these are infected, so it's probably more accurate to say they would run until they bled to death.

This is a myth. Handheld firearms do not knock people off their feet. If they did, the first person knocked off their feet would be the one pulling the trigger. It's possible that people react to being shot by trying to turn away from the bullet and trip or collapse from pain, but if zombies don't feel pain they would just keep running at you until you gibbed them. But these are infected, so it's probably more accurate to say they would run until they bled to death.

Well, I've never used any other firearm, except for Rk 62.

But doesnt shotgun point blank throw you at all? And 50cal sniper, well, I dont think you should even be able to shoot that standing?

Maybe if more there are in one herd, the slower they would go, but maybe not walking speed, jogging speed would be better.

It seems impossible to loot a town when you just respawn and zombies chase you through almost everywhere and its extremely annoying. I almost want to suggest that zombies do not attack you until you attack them, and that if you kill them they grant greater prizes rather than tin cans and bandages so people have a point to kill them.

troll

Maybe if more there are in one herd, the slower they would go, but maybe not walking speed, jogging speed would be better.

The two things I would be interested in trying out would be changes in movement speed (maybe simliar to what you suggested) and headshots are the only thing that can kill them.

Yeah, zombies are annoying, but isn't that the point? It's supposed to be at least somewhat difficult to get loot. I don't have any trouble getting loot in town. If it's daylight, I prone and crawl my way into buildings. If it's dusk, I crouch or just walk since my meters show 1 bar or sight and sound. If I pull a zombie or many zombies, I bolt for the nearest warehouse, lure them in and do one of two things.

1: I lure them into the building and then take off. Zombies don't move too quick indoors. You can easily go around them if there's only one exit.

2: I happen to find a hatchet inside. I equip it and bash them in the head until they stop moving.

If you're having trouble, I'd suggest going to youtube and looking up some DayZ basics tutorials. This isn't a difficult thing to learn, you just need to have patience in this game. Whether you're trying to collect loot inside a zombie-infested town or waiting to kill a player, patience is the key.

uh, actually they are extremely easy too lose in a forest, all you have to do is keep breaking the line of sight, i.e. put trees and bushes between them and you and just keep doing that... 9/10 you lose them all within a minute.

@OP

Zombies are little more than an annoyance, if even that, they are supposed to be the primary driving force of the game. THe only way to resolve that is to make them much MUCH more of a threat, not the other way round.

Edited by Continuity