40 replies to this topic

#1 Hamzah

Hamzah

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hey guys, im wondering what the best assault rifle would be other than the L85? This would be the AKM, M16 or M4 variants etc. Please rate the gun depending on rarity, how rare the ammo is etc. Thanks. Also include different models with different attachments.

#2 Priceless

Priceless

Brainz!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Ill take M14 Aim it uses DMR rounds
  • Dagyr, SeNoZinD and nobeans4u2 gave their beans
Heroes Fate Vet http://www.heroes-fa...pbb3/portal.php
Server Admin US1340 US1340@yahoo.com
Loadout: M4A1 CCO SD, AS50, NVG, Ghillie etc. -26789 Humanity

#3 Heisenberg_tx20

Heisenberg_tx20

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

www.dayzwiki.com

#4 Rono

Rono

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

What is the point of this post? There are already weapon comparison charts, and the weapons are situational so there is no outright "best". Google it.

#5 TheFired3mon

TheFired3mon

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

It's all based on personal preference. I prefer M variant weapons, my friend prefers the AK variants. Currently loving my M4A1 CCO.
Total time spent playing DayZ: ~113 Hours

#6 Hamzah

Hamzah

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

What is the point of this post? There are already weapon comparison charts, and the weapons are situational so there is no outright "best". Google it.

Im trying to get personal opinions instead of hard statistics.

#7 Zexis

Zexis

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

M4SD

Ammo is plentiful and kills are silent.
  • Dishy gave their beans

Posted Image
made by pocari of nintendo3dscommunity

#8 Izziee

Izziee

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hey guys, im wondering what the best assault rifle would be other than the L85? This would be the AKM, M16 or M4 variants etc. Please rate the gun depending on rarity, how rare the ammo is etc. Thanks. Also include different models with different attachments.

Honestly, I LOVE the M4a3 CCO, it's amazing. I'm 1 shotting zombies 9 out of 10 times due to accuracy and I Just spotted some player by a deer stand. I was a bit cautious since there was a dead body still bleeding at it, so I was scouting around and saw a guy in a ghullie suit down the hill by a barn being chased by a few zombies, he must have been what felt like 800 yards away, but apparently the guns only good for 400 yards so I can't really say, it really did feel like a huge distance. I fired 2 rounds with nothing more than a second between them on semi, both hit and he fell down dead.

Didn't search the body though, aside from a few zombies coming at me which I had to dispose of, I stopped to look for a bit as a 5-6 zombies eat his corpse and I'm sure I heard a bullet miss me, maybe it was my imagination, but I ran around the zone for a good 10 minutes like a headless chicken trying to pinpoint a target but I couldn't see anyone, still didn't want to risk looting, I have everything I need (cept the guillie suit which I think looks retarded beyond belief).

Anyway, my point being, was a perfect kill, 2 shots from a vast range both on target within a second and putting him down. out of all the guns I've used, I love this so damn much. So accurate. Not sure if he was already damaged but it does the job more than well enough.

Still, personal opinion an all that. Love my G17 along side it :D

#9 newt0n

newt0n

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

I find that you have 4 basic variants. AK, AKM, M Variants, M SD Variants. Outside of those it is purely cosmetic / accessories (scopes, grenade launcher, etc). The guns seem to do damage based on bullet size (all 9mm guns including sub machine guns do the same damage). Based on that you have situational weapons. I prefer the AIM (CCO) over iron sights which for me rules out all but the M4A1 CCO, M4A3 CCO, M4A1 Camo SD CCO, AKS-74 Kobra. Out of those, all but the SD has the same effective and audible range(s). The SD obviously has a VERY small audible range but loses 100M effective range as well as the ammo is more rare than standard Stanag. For me, The M4A1 Camo SD CCO is a situational weapon which I will pick up if i find but would not be my first choice. I prefer the M4A3 CCO becuase it has the most accessories on it. Also, the M4A3 (along with all the M variants) can shoot SD mags which (for zombies only) will produce no sound. Players will still hear the shot but for me the silence part was all about NOT attracting more zombies so for me this is WIN WIN. I hope this helped answer your question.

#10 crushed293213

crushed293213

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

MK48 Mod 0 destroys any other gun in the game unless you get sniped by an as50 from 1000+ meters

Edited by crushed293213, 05 August 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#11 thefonz

thefonz

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

M14 is a great all around gun. Currently have an m4 cco sd, enjoying it thourghly.
ING: thefonz
Appearence: Ghillie
Primary: M14
Secondary: G17
Playstyle: Cautiously Friendly

I'll happliy help you, but give me a reason and I'll happily kill you too.

#12 Sixteen18

Sixteen18

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

MK48 Mod 0 destroys any other gun in the game unless you get sniped by an as50 from 1000+ meters

Pretty much, it is a two shot kill with lots of ammo. In general Mk48, FAL and M14 dominate close range combat due to their damage and relatively good accuracy.
  • nobeans4u2 gave their beans

#13 Eldo

Eldo

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

MK48 is an extreme dissapointment to me, and is in my opinion one of the poorer choices for your arsenal. With out of control recoil and poor accuracy this gun suffers at any range over 100m. The only credit I can give it is that it has a large magazine, although the fire rate isn't even faster if you can click well enough with a M14.

#14 Kurukururin

Kurukururin

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

M16 ACOG is my fav one for sure. Assault rifle and mini sniper in one! You cant miss a zombie up to 200-250 meters and it works with nightvision! Also its audible range for zombies is like the other ak's at only 80 meters, compared to FAL, MK48 and M14 at 180. Drawbacks is its hard to aim at extreme close range because of only having a true scope, but its a pretty close range scope, so it works most of the times. Bad accuracy over 300 meters or so.

#15 Heradon

Heradon

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

MK48 is an extreme dissapointment to me, and is in my opinion one of the poorer choices for your arsenal. With out of control recoil and poor accuracy this gun suffers at any range over 100m. The only credit I can give it is that it has a large magazine, although the fire rate isn't even faster if you can click well enough with a M14.

You must be a newbie. The MK48 is the master of destruction. Terminates any zombie waves, the accuracy is 100% when you lay down, and the recoil become almost nonexcisting. The damage is also devastating and the magazine has a capacity of 100.

DMR is handy when its night since you can use nightvision...

AS50 with nato rounds can take out vehicles in a single shot. Perfect against vehicles and against human targets at range. Useless at night, since you won't be able to use nightvision with it.

Edited by Heradon, 05 August 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#16 DarkwaveDomina

DarkwaveDomina

Tacticool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1457 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

I was an AK guy but I love the accuracy of the M4 and M16 weapons now.

Currently rolling with an M14 AIM though, it's a thing of beauty. (Shame about the noise though.)

0y2UrFb.png

#17 SonicRainbrony

SonicRainbrony

Official R-DASH 5000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationAlternate universe

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

You must be a newbie. The MK48 is the master of destruction. Terminates any zombie waves, the accuracy is 100% when you lay down, and the recoil become almost nonexcisting. The damage is also devastating and the magazine has a capacity of 100.

+ Aimpoint sight

Anyway, my assault rifle of choice would be the M4SD, silent close range kills are pretty much the rule number one for any sniper.
  • candywarhol gave their beans

- Intel i7 4770K @4.4 GHz - ASUS Z87-A BIOS 1602 - MSI GTX 780 @1 GHz - 16GB RAM -

Fun stuff, eh?

#18 mikeshouse99

mikeshouse99

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

I personally love the M4A3 CCO.

#19 Zancie

Zancie

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Dude, this thread is literally from last year, Please try to read post dates and don't resurrect dead threads.

(Captain forum goer awaaayyy!)

#20 PracticalTactical

PracticalTactical

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationSkalka

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

I like the AKM and the M14 for PvP because they are very powerful and accurate (no the M14 is not an assault rifle but its better than any assault rifle, who goes full auto anyway?). The downside to the AKM and M14 is how loud they can be (attracts allot of zombies). If I am killing zombies a winchester (if no AR is around) or an AK-74 type weapon.

Edited by PracticalTactical, 04 March 2013 - 10:42 AM.