disorder

No more copying to your OA folder

Originally when I wanted to get this mod working, it complained and mentioned missing files beginning with CA_, such as CA DATA

I had to copy 8gb of PBO files from ARMA2 to ARMA2OA to get it to work. This method shows how to set up a junction link which acts like a shortcut to your original ARMA2\Addons folder and eliminates CA type errors with very little space used (a few bytes).

To start, open RUN box, by going to Start>run or pressing WINKEY+R then type in the following. (Note when seeing " [enter] " this is the actual button to be pressed)

CMD [enter]

A black dos box should show up, in the box type..

mklink "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons" /j [enter]

Don't forget /j on the end.

It should say junction created. After that go to your arma2oa folder and see if you have shortcut folder called Addons, then you are good to go.

Have fun all.

(updated for newer players)

Edited by disorder
  • Like 9

I had to open the CMD to do this, but it worked! Thanks a lot.

I never had to copy anything except for the beta exe from expansion/beta to the root folder of OA.

Is there a reason some people have to do this but not others?

I don't understand this.

Why can't you just put the @dayz folder into your OA folder and then enable it via the in-game expansions menu?

I don't understand this.

Why can't you just put the @dayz folder into your OA folder and then enable it via the in-game expansions menu?

You can't enable it that way AFAIK but use -mod=@dayz launch command

Otherwise use something like Arma 2 launcher which I personally like as it's easy and allows different profiles for different mod setups

Edited by Irenicus

Actually just putting the mod in the OA folder doesn't work for some, it comes up with missing add-on warnings as the mod uses a map from the original arma2 so if your combined ops aren't working properly or the game can't find your original arma2 folder then it complains. Here is an example of the errors you can get. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/54850-addon-dayz-anim-requires-addon-ca-signs2/

Actually just putting the mod in the OA folder doesn't work for some, it comes up with missing add-on warnings as the mod uses a map from the original arma2 so if your combined ops aren't working properly or the game can't find your original arma2 folder then it complains. Here is an example of the errors you can get. http://dayzmod.com/f...ddon-ca-signs2/

Actually it works fine (and should work for everyone ) IF you do it correctly and use the correct launch paramaters, but it IS indeed a little tricky, especially for those not used to adding lines to shortcut launch paramaters etc.

• Like 1

You can't enable it that way AFAIK but use -mod=@dayz launch command

Otherwise use something like Arma 2 launcher which I personally like as it's easy and allows different profiles for different mod setups

That's how I've done it with the retail version, and I'm pretty sure my brother did the same thing with his Steam version of Combined Ops.

mklink "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons" /j

Hi!

I dont have the "arma 2"-folder.. I only have the "arma 2 operation arrowhead" folder..

Do one really need both of them?

W

Hi!

I dont have the "arma 2"-folder.. I only have the "arma 2 operation arrowhead" folder..

Do one really need both of them?

W

Hmm, I have the CO pack in steam and that gives me 2 folders.

I don't honestly know about the free version, but you do need both sets of files for the mod to work (chernarus is needed from the original arma2). When I run DayZ without my tweak it complains about missing ca_ type files.

Much much appriciated, worked for me!

well the thing is i only thought i needed Arma II OA so is there a way to refund from steam??? if not can someone send me a link to download churnerous Plz and thanks

Actually it works fine (and should work for everyone ) IF you do it correctly and use the correct launch paramaters, but it IS indeed a little tricky, especially for those not used to adding lines to shortcut launch paramaters etc.

Beans for sig ;)

I never had to copy anything except for the beta exe from expansion/beta to the root folder of OA.

Is there a reason some people have to do this but not others?

It depends entirely on your installation. Some people have different ARMA II & OA folders, some do not.

For example, I bought ARMA II/OA CO from Amazon, so the default install folder is just "ARMA II" or whatever, so their root folder is the same.

I did the CMD shit and then this comes up Local volumes are required to complete the operation.

I am just really mad about this shitty problem D:

i need beans :beans:

Why do you people not just install it the correct way which is stated in the manual, which is installing OA to the same folder as ARMA II?

Here is the shortcut that works for me without having to copy anything to any other folder. If you want to see how dayzcommander launches the program run procmon and then run dayzcommander. From procmon you can right click the arma2oa.exe and see what parameters commander is sending.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ;@namalsk;@DayZ_Namalsk;@NC"

My Steam folder is in D and when i run CMD

It Said C:\Users\User> it is already there and i cant do anything about it

C:\Users\User>"D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Addons" "D:\Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 2\Addons"

and when i press [enter]

it says

'"D:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons"' is not Operable Program or Batch File

Please help

My Steam folder is in D and when i run CMD

It Said C:\Users\User> it is already there and i cant do anything about it

C:\Users\User>"D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Addons" "D:\Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 2\Addons"

and when i press [enter]

it says

'"D:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons"' is not Operable Program or Batch File

Please help

did you type mklink first? dont forget the /j at the end.

mklink "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons" /j

Edited by disorder

In previous installations I copied the "Addons", "DTE" and "Keys" folders from Arma II to OA, but it occupied 8-9Gb of my hard drive.

In the last time I installed a server I tried moving those folders and it worked perfectly, meaning I don't need to mantain them in the Arma II folder... that's for a DayZ server installation, I mean..

So I didn't see a reason to link the files as suggested, unless your planning to play Arma II instead of DayZ..

Edited by rboos

It's less of a problem if you have Dayz Commander, but more of a problem if you are hosting from your own PC (private hive) as the server will show errors if it can't find all the files.

Edited by disorder

it didn't work for me it just said local volumes requierd

try running cmd as administrator or logging in to full admin account to do it. Don't do it over network drives or shares.