Sign in to follow this  
DazTroyer

My pistol won't fire? :/

Hey...

Now after struggling to actually get Dayz to run and getting lost in the woods and dying of thirst within yards of, what looked like a farm I'm now on my second attempt to survive.

However I've found a Markov pistol and three clips of ammo but it's in my hand but won't fire. It's like it's not there as I can't aim down the iron sights or have the ammo/clips counter in the top right hand corner. I've loaded into different servers with no joy, is this me being a noob or some bug in the game?

try dropping the weapon and picking it up again.

EDIT: if you have a primary weapon, switch to it and back to your pistol.

Edited by Sereno

I had this issue, too. Got it workin when I dropped the gun (near empty cans or some other gear) and picked it up again. This should fix it :)

I think there's a bug where your character randomly lowers their weapon and this is why you can't aim down sights or fire. It's happened to me a few times. I switched weapons and then switched back to fix it the first time, then I figured out what was happening.

Right Ctrl + R (default) to toggle raise/lower weapon.

Edited by mZLY

sometimes happens to me when i join.

switch to something else and back.

Pressing f with the gun selected should show the ammo count at the top right corner of the screen.

If it says something else: flares, can etc.. keep hitting f until it shows your ammo for the gun.

If it's not that, then yeah, try dropping it and picking it up again. Be careful where you drop it though, it's easy to lose stuff in high grass. :P

Sometimes my Hatchet doesn't have "ammo" after reloggin. Have to drop it or just switch it to toolbelt and back. No problem so far (:

Yeah I'm pretty sure its the right mags, lol. Surely I should still be able to aim down the sights with or without ammo?

I will try dropping it again tonight but that didn't work yesterday.

Edited by DazTroyer

I think there's a bug where your character randomly lowers their weapon and this is why you can't aim down sights or fire. It's happened to me a few times. I switched weapons and then switched back to fix it the first time, then I figured out what was happening.

Right Ctrl + R (default) to toggle raise/lower weapon.

You can't lower a pistol bro.

I had a similar issue, but with my primary. Had to switch to my secondary and then back to my primary to be able to fire again.