ZERQER

This game is going to shit if we dont do something soon

I usually go behind people and say "if you turn around i will shoot". If they do turn around, i finish them off. But it he listen to me i usually just trying to get an answer and see if he seems trustable, if not, i kill them :P. Please stop whining about getting killed ^^

If "something" isn't done to encourage cooperation over killing on sight this mod will just become yet another shooter. Community will become team bandits, solo bandits, and poor shmucks who play 3 times before getting frustrated and leaving.

Almost believable, but the orange "man" on the map is a zombie not a player. Zombies as far as I know don't carry sniper rifles. Assuming this really happened the thing to take from this is most players shoot on sight. A player who carries a sniper rifle is always going to kill you on sight, there's no reason to use a sniper rifle except against other players. This alpha mod is actually doing pretty good.

I only have a sniper rifle at the moment, yeah I had a double barrel shot-gun but I like the zoom on the rifle of course. I could've blasted someone today but didn't. I just said "Hey Jason I could've blasted you twice already but didn't, I would appreciate the same kind of respect." Sure enough I'm still alive but i can see that player killing me sometimes after announcing in chat that I have seen him he obviously knows I'm close etc.. Dont' just assume everyone with a sniper is an asshole.

I see where hes coming from though. A lot of people resorted to shoot on site do to cod kids. I mean up north, I will shoot on sight unless something like this happens in which case we'll just be on our merry way. But on the coast, there's so many assholes. As in me and my friend killed zombies for a guy with and enfield and no ammo. We gave him ammo, and then when we left the pub, he popped us in the back. Again, an asshole.

If you don't shoot on sight quit bitching about people killing you.

People cause problems. Every time. And Problems can only be fixed by a 7.62 round to the skull.

QQ

I dunno dude, I like lobbing nades at unsuspecting people better. It's alot more reliable than one 7.62 round.

Speaking of 7.62 rounds, I love the 3rd person players. I've had 2 AK's unloaded on my during my current 14 day life. They were both within 20 feet, I survived both and killed the shooter (the second one was a little better, he actually hit me once).

I've only just started in Day Z and saw my first person in game... they were holding a gun at me, I only had a flashlight (not turned on as I couldn't figure out how to turn it back on after I turned it off... ) but I waved that at him and he must have figured I was useless to him so he ran off :)

So it's not all bad in the game (I guess it also helps not actually having anything of worth on me :P )

Not so much that the game is bad, mostly that the guy who shot you is a douche.

It's unrealistic watching people engage in so much unchecked murder. If peoples' lives were really on the line, you wouldn't have people camping at the treeline shooting newspawns as they appear. Mass murderers wouldn't log off and then join their family for dinner secure in the fact that it's just a game. So there needs to be some sort of in-game mediation to raise the consequences for killing since there's a strange metagame at play where gamers can identify what their opponents are carrying on them, the amount of equipment in their backpacks, etc. If they pared down some of the in-game identifiers like backpack sizes and balanced the weapons so that they were closer to their real-world damage potentials (a CZ550 or a M1911 should be twice as deadly as a FN FAL but the FN FAL's damage charts put it equal with the CZ550 and make it twice as deadly as a gun that should be deadlier than it is), then bandits wouldn't be so emboldened to act.

Also, if guns were more likely to attract zombies, bandits wouldn't spend all day sitting in the same place shooting at you, especially if it meant they would soon be surrounded. There are a lot of loopholes in the game design that are being exploited to take advantage of new players that could be patched up by balancing the weapons more realistically and making the zombies respond faster and more aggressively to gunfire (muzzle flash+rapport should basically break your cover instantly sending zombies swarming your location no matter how far away you are ... that would decrease sniping quite a bit).

Would have killed you quicker, you would probably would have died 150-300 meters out, and would have left your shit.

Badass detected guys. Look out!