Sign in to follow this  
Primeval (DayZ)

Low FPS rate

Recently I purchased an EVGA GTX 570 and have had no problems with it. I updated the drivers a week ago (same day I bought it actually) and have played BF3, GTA IV, and most popular games on max settings with no FPS lag whatsoever. DayZ on the other hand is a different story, I feel that my computer should run this game with decent FPS on highest settings, but it doesn't. Is there something I can do to raise my FPS and not lag? Currently I'm running on Normal/Medium settings just to play smoothly (and yet, it isn't as smooth when my screen blurs due to low health, or in the cities). Right now my blood is around 4k and running on Normal settings in the city with 15 fps. It's horrid.

Here's everything about my computer in dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/h4hLQktZ

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by ZombieMaster

Nothing wrong with those specs mate. ArmA is a Hungry beast regardless of system specs however you could try turning off post processing, setting video memory to Normal, disable anistropic filtering. your interface size should be the same as your 3d resolution and disable Vsync. You could also try turning off shadows or reducing them. If you use arma launcher there are further changes you can make like setting the CPU count and setting the default world to empty or you could try running arma from a RAM disk if your not using an ssd.

Edited by BroadswordUK1
  • Like 1

FPS lag fix:

Step 1: Go into your "My Documents" folder.

Step 2: Open "ArmA 2" folder.

Step 3: Look for the following lines in ArmA2.cfg, ArmA2OA.cfg, and any other ArmA versions you have.

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

Step 4: Change them to:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

This helped me a bit.

• Like 1

I did what all of you said, and apparently I have like 50-70 FPS average in normal areas. However, I haven't tried it in a city yet, or with low blood levels. One question, if I tweak my settings in-game, will it make the game laggy again? I'm scared to try it, If you get me.. I will update you if anything comes up. Thanks.

Edited by ZombieMaster

Well after a few hours, I am back down to what I was before with low fps, average jump from 60 to 20's now.

Edited by ZombieMaster

Dayz has a memory leak issue, so the more you play the more your frames drop. Unfortunately you will have to restart every hour and half or so if you want to keep decent frames.

• Like 1

Dayz has a memory leak issue, so the more you play the more your frames drop. Unfortunately you will have to restart every hour and half or so if you want to keep decent frames.

I don't know whether you're right but the description manages the pattern, not that my frames start of at any great rate in the first place. I can normally maintain 24-26 on first joining the server, after a period time (say an hour to two hours) it will gradually drop to 8-15 FPS.

Hey men try to join servers with have 2or 4h restarts

Another thing is that annoying texture bug when I go near the airfield and sometimes the main city. I did what that other thread said, but it comes back to haunt me D: