Sign in to follow this  
vukster@gmail.com

Suggestion for shopping carts

I would like to see shopping carts introduced in dayz, Unlike vehicles, shopping carts have to be pushed or you can get inside one and have a friend push you around.

Super fun and super useful. No gas required, allows for extra storage and can be used down hills..... weeeeeeee

+1 shopping carts if you like this idea.

• Like 1

Well... I just don't know.

I think adding something like this would take away from the serious and dark atmosphere. Wouldn't fit in well.

I actually think this is a great idea. There are plenty of supermarkets around the place, so why no carts?

Well... I just don't know.

I think adding something like this would take away from the serious and dark atmosphere. Wouldn't fit in well.

Yeah because shopping carts made "The Road" a light-hearted movie.

dmejk2.jpg

Edited by The_Man
  • Like 1

Ever pushed a shopping cart in the grass?

How about one loaded with canned food?

How about for an hour?

Can you say, sniping target?

You certainly won't be running with that cart.

• Like 3

Touche

The best part is when everyone is eating Ice cream together and dancing whilst rainbows and sparkles fill the air.

I mainly meant it towards the two man shopping cart express, that wouldn't fit so well.

And LordRayken has a point, a loaded shoping cart across grass. That ain't gonna work so well.

Edited by Riordin
  • Like 1

Ever pushed a shopping cart in the grass?

How about one loaded with canned food?

How about for an hour?

Can you say, sniping target?

You certainly won't be running with that cart.

It could be a common way of transporting goods without dealing with parts or fuel. It would be dangerous but useful. You could abandon the cart if you need to. It could double as cover! But yeah, realistically with the current community it would either be used as:

1. A trap placed by bandits to attract clueless survivors

2. A more versatile storage unit similar to a tent.

It could be a common way of transporting goods without dealing with parts or fuel. It would be dangerous but useful. You could abandon the cart if you need to. It could double as cover! But yeah, realistically with the current community it would either be used as:

1. A trap placed by bandits to attract clueless survivors

2. A more versatile storage unit similar to a tent.

Well, more or less, realistically it would be walking speed. And I don't know if you've checked the time it takes to travel in DayZ while running lately, but I can't imagine traveling by walking.

• Like 1

well you want to carry all that loot and be safe?

A shopping cart has the perfect balance, it's slow, it has shitty wheels that lock once in a while but damnit it can fit so much MORE gear then any backpack so.... push it!

It's basically a tent on wheels. Great for traps too!

Edited by vukster

I can see it now. Find a nice loot stash "what do we have here?" WD40 (use on shopping cart wheels for maximum efficiency!).

But in all seriousness, I do see your point about using it as mobile stash, i just don't think it would be all that practical. Like The_Man Said, it would be used as bait mainly plus if it was walk only, many people would ditch it.

Could you Imagine walking or jogging through Cherno, or any town with a super market for that matter with a noisy shopping cart. Zombies would be on you in seconds (Pretty sure it would also increase noise and site signature).

I see no possible way of getting one out of town unless you have a band of guys protecting you, and even then your putting those who help at risk and they will likely burn up a lot of ammo which just doesn't seem necessary.

You're not seeing the bigger picture here! Place canister filled with fuel inside shopping cart, push cart down a hill finally take aim and light it on fire!

You can either find out if anyone is sniping or you can use it as bait. Again multi purpose!

NV goggles would be useless because the glare would mask if anyone is pushing the cart and it defeats and counters heat vision rifles.

Edited by vukster

If we are talking self powered transport I think a bicycle would be a better choice, and prob less hassle on programming. How would you program 1 realistic wobbly wheel?

What about a hobos bindle? :lol:

So what if people use it as bait? Developers put the tools and the means into the game and the players build with it however they please. Even if it means they insist on making wheels square.

I think a shopping cart would be a good idea for large mobile storage for the less fortunate survivor.

dmejk2.jpg

Fantastic book. I came in the thread expecting to hate on you, but honestly, I love that book and wouldn't mind seeing this implemented when larger maps start popping up.