Sign in to follow this  
Vintovka98

Laptop for Arma2/DayZ, Will these specs work?

Hey guys. A friend of mine is looking to get a laptop that would be able to run DayZ even at minimum settings. Here is the model and specs

Designed for heavy multimedia use and gaming, the Toshiba P870-02L laptop delivers relentless power in the form of an Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB system memory, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M graphics with 2GB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory. It's also home to a brilliant 17.3-inch display, USB 3.0 connectivity, and all the latest wireless technology.

FEATURES:

• Enjoy rip-roaring performance in any task you take on thanks to an Intel Core i7-3610QM processor and 8GB system memory
  • A 17.3-inch LED backlit display with an incredible 1600x900 resolution gives you incredible detail in everything from HD movies to the latest games and more
  • The 1TB hard drive offers ample storage space and includes an impact sensor that helps to keep your data safe in case of accidental impact
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M graphics with 2GB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory lets you take on even the toughest graphics tasks like HD video production and gaming with ease
  • Includes comfortable raised tile keyboard with LED backlighting and a larger and easier-to-use Click Pad
  • A high definition webcam and mic offer the highest possible video clarity for Skyping and video conferencing
  • Get better sound with Harman/Kardon stereo speakers with SRS Premium Sound 3D audio enhancements
  • Free yourself from wires with the latest wireless technology including Bluetooth, WiDi, and 802.11b/g/n WiFi
  • Toshiba's exclusive Resolution+ video upconversion technology breathes life into standard-def video by adjusting colour, brightness and contrast for a more HD look
  • Multiple USB 3.0 ports give you access to data transfer speeds up to 10X faster than traditional USB 2.0
  • This model comes complete with Windows 7 Home Premium

Would this be capable of running the game?

Thanks!

Quickly glancing at the specs I would say you should be completely fine, but the engine for this game is weird and sort of hit and miss with certain specs... Some shit computers run fine and some top of the line cant pass 15 fps, no fucking clue why.

Just wondering, how expensive is that laptop? jesus I want it

Yeah probably, my MBP runs it acceptably and this things stats are a bit better. It is a "gaming" laptop, kinda obvious that it should play a "game" though.

Yup, it will work.. maybe even better than low.

I play on my i3 with 4gb ram on lowest, and I get around 20fps most of the time.

There are some config changes that will help, most of which you can find on the forums, but considering that is about twice as powerful as my laptop, it should work just fine.

Let me know if you need help finding the config threads.. there are some pretty good ones for arma2, which will work for DayZ.

That laptop will be fine.

Although, it should be fine for the future...you want to be absolutely sure that it will run the stand-alone game since so much money will be spent on this new machine. Even still, it looks like it would be a solid buy. Always buy for the future, and not just right now... ^_^