You're right. I'm sorry. Posts on the forums totally make things that are impossible suddenly possible. My bad.

You're cute. Let's be friends, okay?

You can drop your butter knife like wit. Just in another thread, there is a video FROM the developer stating exactly what I just said, as I said clearly, it takes times for things to change but generally when a community stresses points, they get worked out. However, you my friend are a ponce. A shame really, this game is truley one of the greatest concepts around but it's fully inhabited by basement dwelling virgins such as yourself.

The logic that flows from the messageboard is mind blowing. If ANYONE makes a thread with their disapproval of literally any aspect of the game, they're immediately jumped on. The strange thing is, how do you think developers prioritize issues? They see the outcry of their players and respond accordingly. The community should be working together to rid itself of the most obvious and game breaking flaw, which of course is hacking.

The fact that 80% of you people just wig out when anyone speaks out about it speaks volumes for you chromosome deficient dorks.

Completely agree. It's incomprehensible... the game is a beta..... the point is people give feedback.....

• Like 1

No anti cheat system will ever fully stop hackers. Hackers are a part of every FPS and game in existence. Deal with it.

The problem with Dayz is though what makes the mod good, ie the higher penalty of death in loosing all your gear makes hacking also worse, than the occasional wall hacker.. You don't just loose 4 minutes of game play.

The whole Yin and Yang thingy.. with positives come negatives ..

• Like 1

Yeah, my buddy and I had 14 day old characters, had 3 tents set up in one server and 2 in another. Full gear, NVG, good guns etc and our camp to sustain us for longer expeditions.

Login tonight after having to get off fast last night when teleported by the Thunderdome hackers and barely survive and had to run across the map.....and tonight, BOOM, literally, BOOM, gigantic bomb goes off and dead. No way to get back to our stuff within the couple hours so our camp is gone too now that we've died.

The hacking is making it useless to try to play for any serious time because it is becommign a guarantee that on any populated server, the hackers will come along at some point in the evening and destroy it.

They make rounds or something to cause disruption.

Edited by Slyder73

Completely agree. It's incomprehensible... the game is a beta..... the point is people give feedback.....

Don't say BETA in these parts, they'll jump on you for not saying ALPHA. Let's be honest, none of these people know the difference anyway and with an independent mod such as this, one working on a scale such as this...the terms ALPHA/BETA don't even apply. The game is functioning and unless you're twelve, you can't really expect a MOD to run like a tip top retail release, however you can put some faith that they'll take concern with seriously game breaking issues such as hacking that is so wide spread you can't even play on full servers.

Zed, hands + blender, now.

have my beans in sympathy for the following alpha attacks ... :lol:

Don't say BETA in these parts, they'll jump on you for not saying ALPHA. Let's be honest, none of these people know the difference anyway and with an independent mod such as this, one working on a scale such as this...the terms ALPHA/BETA don't even apply. The game is functioning and unless you're twelve, you can't really expect a MOD to run like a tip top retail release, however you can put some faith that they'll take concern with seriously game breaking issues such as hacking that is so wide spread you can't even play on full servers.

Let's say it's in epsilon ... :)

Edited by Ankhenaten

You can drop your butter knife like wit. Just in another thread, there is a video FROM the developer stating exactly what I just said, as I said clearly, it takes times for things to change but generally when a community stresses points, they get worked out. However, you my friend are a ponce. A shame really, this game is truley one of the greatest concepts around but it's fully inhabited by basement dwelling virgins such as yourself.

Owned... and so true.

Yeah I mean I know technically there calling it 'Alpha', but that does not really make any sense as it completely open to the public...... But I can see how that will be a big issue in this forum so I apologise before any 13 year olds who think they are really clever start correcting me with insults.

And of course, the point is you raise an an issue because you think if enough people have the same problem they may eventually do something about it.... Even like when they make a stand alone version....... They might consider what we are saying..... That is the point. So stamping out peoples posts about hackers is really stupid.

I think the funniest thing about this is they have a section of the forum called 'cheating', that is where everyone is posting about cheating and to the people who are like 'tell some who cares' or 'it's impossible to resolve so shut up'... What do you think people should be posting in here then if not stuff about people cheating? So confusing and stupid.

Yeah I mean I know technically there calling it 'Alpha', but that does not really make any sense as it completely open to the public...... But I can see how that will be a big issue in this forum so I apologise before any 13 year olds who think they are really clever start correcting me with insults.

And of course, the point is you raise an an issue because you think if enough people have the same problem they may eventually do something about it.... Even like when they make a stand alone version....... They might consider what we are saying..... That is the point. So stamping out peoples posts about hackers is really stupid.

I think the funniest thing about this is they have a section of the forum called 'cheating', that is where everyone is posting about cheating and to the people who are like 'tell some who cares' or 'it's impossible to resolve so shut up'... What do you think people should be posting in here then if not stuff about people cheating? So confusing and stupid.

When you have a community that is this apathetic to the issue and have somehow taken this extremely neative aspect of a situation and applied it to their grand sense of elitism, you have an issue. I say nuke this mod all together and use an engine that isn't the equivalent to a dog farting into a fan. The ARMA engine might allow for huge maps to be run, which is the only positive I can see but how ARMA as a whole works is the most wonky, awful fucking thing on planet.

I'm fucking sick of this bullshit!

I love this game, I play at least 2 hours a day and have even logged a few 6-9 hour sessions in there as well but over the last few days this game is unplayable, I can't go 2 hours without being affected by a hacker!

After a stupid helicopter crash yesterday, we lost out hard earned helicopter.

Today we found it again and we had it a whole 2 minutes before a hacker knocked out pilot out and it crashes and then lots of kids die.

Fucking over this shit guys, fucking over it.

I'm fucking sick of this bullshit!

I love this game, I play at least 2 hours a day and have even logged a few 6-9 hour sessions in there as well but over the last few days this game is unplayable, I can't go 2 hours without being affected by a hacker!

After a stupid helicopter crash yesterday, we lost out hard earned helicopter.

Today we found it again and we had it a whole 2 minutes before a hacker knocked out pilot out and it crashes and then lots of kids die.

Fucking over this shit guys, fucking over it.

I smell a mass exodus from this AIDS ridden mod. Pun intended, dorks.

Pretty sure I'm throwing piles and piles of beams at your posts Zed.

Battleye is actually a very good anti-cheat.

None of you actually understand game security or architecture.

Stop filling the forum with this shit.

What shit are people filling it with? It might be good. So was MS-DOS in its day. But it is not really effective. I will say again.... Were in the cheating section. There are lots of people cheating. What shit are you talking about?

You'd be the only one doing so. Odd how one greasy basement dwelling virgin comes to the aid of an illogical doofus. That and your username just screams dork. Did it get better for you later in life or did you always manage to be pushed into a proverbial locker well into your 30's?

You'd be the only one doing so. Odd how one greasy basement dwelling virgin comes to the aid of an illogical doofus. That and your username just screams dork. Did it get better for you later in life or did you always manage to be pushed into a proverbial locker well into your 30's?

Look at you, showing the intelligent posters who is the boss right? Everyone must respect you.

I'm none of the things you described, but there's no point in trying to justify that, because I can already guess your response.

What shit are people filling it with? It might be good. So was MS-DOS in its day. But it is not really effective. I will say again.... Were in the cheating section. There are lots of people cheating. What shit are you talking about?

Yes lets all just rant and rave like fucking children.

MOIG HACKERZZZ KILL ME BETTER COME AND WHINE TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANTI-CHEAT.

I'm so sick of all your ignorance.

OP, and all those who agree with him need to get a fucking wake up check.

Battleye handles the Anti-cheat of this game. Not Rocket, or even Bohemia.

Each different company/team handles something to do with DayZ, but Battleye is the only company that directly interfaces with hacks and cheaters. Sure Rocket implements some things, such as database bans and such, but the majority of detection and banning for scripts is done by Battleye.

BATTLEYE. NOT ROCKET.

Is that so fucking hard to understand?

http://battleye.com/impressum.html

GO. EMAIL THEM WITH YOUR WHINY PROBLEMS.

For fucks sake people, we all know how bad the hacking is at the moment, stop filling up the forum every 5 seconds with all your whining.

It will get fixed in time, give them a little while would you?

Most of you have no idea how hard it is to engineer your program to scan specific memory spaces, especially when new hackers every day are producing their own hooks into different memory space.

That is SO MUCH memory to scan, its been a while since a Battleye update, but I can gurantee you it will come soon, and then the huge wave of bans will come as well.

You will see so many script kiddie tears soon, you just have to be patient.

It actually makes me sick that you guys think that they aren't doing anything to fix it.

Your assumptions are ridiculous and unfounded.

Grow up.

But, you're all entitled brats that have no idea about anything, so you won't listen, nor probably even bother to read anything that would help you LEARN about this topic huh?

FIXXXX IT ROCKETS U AR TEH DEV

No anti cheat system will ever fully stop hackers. Hackers are a part of every FPS and game in existence. Deal with it.

^ moron

This topic is a subject to close and it's participants receiving a warning points for abusive behaviour and inappropriate language. Topic author already warned. Thanks for understanding.

Tell me, can you think of any other game that has cheaters which can join a server and instantly kill everyone, everywhere on the map?

That can drop a bomb on every player? Turn every player into an animal? Teleport every player a mile into the air?

Needless to say, I've been playing multiplayer shooters since Counter-Strike was a beta build amateur mod, and ArmA 2/DayZ is the only game I've ever seen this in. The only game ANYONE has ever seen this in.

Of course no public ant-cheat is reliable, but BattEye sets a new low for impotency. It fails to prevent even the most basic forms of client-to-server hacking. It is so toothless its comical.

And I don't want to hear "but, but, ArmA 2 engine is really easy to hack!" Bastion Sutter's BattlEye has been commercially linked to ArmA for 5 years now, if he still hasn't figured out how to make a remotely effective anti-cheat engine for it then BIS needs to to take their contract with him, set it on fire, and piss on the ashes... and cease giving that incompetent clown and his worthless anti-cheat engine the illusion of professional legitimacy.

Edited by cogwheel
  • Like 1

How about DayZ using something like PunkBuster instead?

I don't like it much... but it's a damn sight better than battle-eye.

Cheaters aren't even playing the game - they're actively devoting their time to ruining the experience of others. It makes them such dicks! The whole survival setting is lost and replaced by a fuck-fest of spawned items. If I wanted to fly a chopper THAT badly i'd play a game of ARMA, 'Take on Helicopters' or Microsoft flight simulator.

Edited by ScramUK

You just can't get attached to you character...

You'll get better at getting supplies in a flash, or just grab a weapon off the bat and kill someone for their gear. :D

If I die and lose my stuff cause someone shot me then fair enough, I could have played better. if I die by falling off a ladder or a glitch then dang but its an alpha I get it...... but if the hacking continues you are going to see people get fed up and give up with the game. I understand its not hacking its script kiddies and I understand how you solve the issues by patching it etc etc. The fact is at the moment alot of people are losing characters and loot to scripts that mean they stand no chance and will just get fed up

So really its now a question of just sitting and waiting to see what happens... or maybe post on here and get someone on here moaning at you..... seems no one can have a decent conversation on this forum anymore

Can I also say if anyone wants to use the word Retard to think carefully... some people find it offensive and Im sure you all could come up with more apt names for each other.... you badger lovers