Hey how's it going with the hacking problem and how close are you to being able just ban them when they try to do some hack? I just encountered my first hacker and he just teleported every one on the server to one off the air strip thingys and is there any way to find out who did it?

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

No, this has been happening in Arma2 since it came out.

It will continue as BI needs to deal with this and they haven't been interested in the past few years or it would restrict the engine flexibility needed for all the different missions, mods etc for the game.

In the past couple years on the regular servers I play on, we are a group that has played together for years so the admin usually can tell who the "new" guy is who hacks. They get banned. Hackers can be banned from servers easy enough, the problem is identifying who they are.

The DayZ mod involves a persistent database so hackers are more of an issue/frustraton though, I can see that, though have been lucky not yet to have experienced a hacker.

I'm not a coder but why not just disable nukes and other non dayz items? It wont stop aimbots or hacking in of dayz items but it could help some, but like i said i don't know if this is even possible.

Had one earlier teleporting around the server behind people spam launching M203 grenades. Thankfully the admin shut the server down fast once the death streaks and havoc started going.

You just run into them every now and again and there's not much you can do. Some people just want to see the world burn...

No anti cheat system will ever fully stop hackers. Hackers are a part of every FPS and game in existence. Deal with it.

Yes but Battleeye is a joke and the actual code of ARMA is a hackers wet dream, damn they don't even need to add script its that poorly made.

Stop using this 'Oh nothings hack-proof" excuse for BIS, We know nothings watertight, but that doesn't forgive ARMA for being a very hack-able engine.

Edited by Never

Hey how's it going with the hacking problem and how close are you to being able just ban them when they try to do some hack? I just encountered my first hacker and he just teleported every one on the server to one off the air strip thingys and is there any way to find out who did it?

Making a post about it on the forums is exactly what they want, you are doing nothing right now but feeding the hackers.

• Like 1

What the fuck is wrong with you people. The hacking is ridiculous, actually telling people not to post about something that is completely destroying the game play of a great game. Ok maybe they can't do anything now, but if it ruins the game everybody is going to start hacking or else stop playing it.

• Like 1

Im deleting the game, Ive played it non stop for 2 weeks reading about hackers but never seen them, Ive been enjoying the game. Until tonight, Me and my friends and everyone in the server was teleported and shot. The second time we drove off in a vehicle and all of a sudden we got took out the vehicle and put in a field and shot. Im 34 year old I dont play games to get cheated like this, Its fuckin gone off my hard drive.

Fuckin hacking cheating fuckers just carnt help but ruin fuckin good games. They need to step out their front door and get fuckin blasted by the biggest truck, and if I seen them dying on the road, I would spit on the little fuckers.

I think it has got to the point now where rather than fixing bugs and trying to improve gameplay, they have to look at what can be done to stop hackers or at least improve detection and removal systems to deal with them or lots of people are going to stop playing this. It really is at the point of being almost unplayable because of hackers.

Making a post about it on the forums is exactly what they want, you are doing nothing right now but feeding the hackers.

What does that even mean? Are you actually saying people should not report hacking? I think this maybe the single most confusing/incomprehensible forum post I have ever read. I cannot understand why someone who likes playing DayZ would say that.

Report hacking to someone who cares and can fix it... Like the owner of the server who can actually do some banning?

Hacking is not a Day Z issue, it's an Arma 2 issue. . Wtf do you expect anyone here to do aside from tell you they don't care? No one here has the power to do anything more than that anyway.

Well, BattleEye has received constant updates so I would imagine they are trying... and considering there has been quite a few of "Whine, my "friend" got global banned and I'm sure he didn't do anything, what can he do?", it is at least somewhat effective. Problem is, the sheer influx of new players is currently so high (recent Steam sale being a major culprit) that it takes a while until every moron is detected and banned as BattleEye doesn't do proactive stuff - it doesn't prevent the hacks from working (Arma 2 would need fixes for that), all it can do is log the incidents and queue for a global ban.

Problem is, if you just got wiped out by a hacker pulling everyone into one spot for thunderdome or just randomly nuking everyone on the server, you are too dead to care about the fact that he most likely will be banned in the near future. Your gameplay is still ruined.

I played on DE 852 and I met a hacker that was AFK I went up to hit him with my hatchet but nothing happened thats how I found out he was a hacker. I saw he had a sniper on him so I took it and ran. 5 minutes later he teleported everyone into the air at one spot and killed us.

Report hacking to someone who cares and can fix it... Like the owner of the server who can actually do some banning?

Hacking is not a Day Z issue, it's an Arma 2 issue. . Wtf do you expect anyone here to do aside from tell you they don't care? No one here has the power to do anything more than that anyway.

This is a DayZ Forum. Hacking is ruining DayZ and is worse for gameplay then any exploiting, bugs or glitches the game currently has. How do you find out who owns a server? I type server names into google and get nothing. That is why people report it here. In the cheating section. You keep spilling your regurgitated points of view 'it's an Arma 2 issue', like it makes any difference. Your behaving like it is a complete impossibility to add more security to the game..... by whatever means, that is also retarded. Third party anti cheat that actually works? etc. I am sure with all the brains of the guys developing this game it is not impossible.... so shut the fuck up and grow a brain.

I think the people who are being super negative are one or many of the following:

a) Hackers

b ) Don't play DayZ just like to talk about it on a forum

c) Rarely play Dayz or have played it once or twice

d) Never encountered a Hacker

The stupid thing is were all here surely because we like DayZ... So why would you want something that is ruining it to continue with no reporting of it and no answering. I have not played for 3 days after being hacked and lots of people are deleting it and stopping playing. This issue could literally half the amount of people playing, if not more, in which case the game may never even be made properly and a rival could actually develop a more secure game which all the pissed off people who have suffered hacking, tried reporting it and got nothing but negativity and 'tell some who cares', would start playing.

What I am saying is this attitude and the problem of hacking itself is extremely detrimental for DayZ's future progression. So why would you even be on this forum if you didn't care about that?

Edited by teknotel

The logic that flows from the messageboard is mind blowing. If ANYONE makes a thread with their disapproval of literally any aspect of the game, they're immediately jumped on. The strange thing is, how do you think developers prioritize issues? They see the outcry of their players and respond accordingly. The community should be working together to rid itself of the most obvious and game breaking flaw, which of course is hacking.

The fact that 80% of you people just wig out when anyone speaks out about it speaks volumes for you chromosome deficient dorks.

• Like 1

The strange thing is, how do you think developers prioritize issues? They see the outcry of their players and respond accordingly.

The strange thing is no that's not how it fucking works at all.

• Like 2

No anti cheat system will ever fully stop hackers. Hackers are a part of every FPS and game in existence. Deal with it.

Bro, he just asked if the hacker fest is just as bad as it was before. And it is.

He's not aggravating you, so calm your nuts mate.

The strange thing is no that's not how it fucking works at all.

Actually it does. Community repeatedly sites an issue and the developers just go "oh, yeah we'll ignore that even though that seems to be the greatest concern as of now"

I mean, I made you look like a total fucking idiot in the other thread, do you need me to do it again here?

Oh yeah, double retard:

'Report hacking to someone who cares and can fix it... Like the owner of the server who can actually do some banning?'

'No one here has the power to do anything more than that anyway'

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... So Battle eye can't ban people. And the DayZ developers can't stop people joining servers listed on their central hive........ Ok then.

Actually it does. Community repeatedly sites an issue and the developers just go "oh, yeah we'll ignore that even though that seems to be the greatest concern as of now"

You're right. I'm sorry. Posts on the forums totally make things that are impossible suddenly possible. My bad.

I mean, I made you look like a total fucking idiot in the other thread, do you need me to do it again here?

You're cute. Let's be friends, okay?

It seems all the people who are immediately putting down people complaining about hacking are fully retarded. I am glad some people share my opinion.

Oh yeah and I think not listening to your audience in any business is a terrible idea, to the guy who got sand in his balls saying thats not how it fucking works or whatever. Erm, if DayZ want people to play and buy a stand alone version I think it is pretty important they listen to the people playing it.

In fact is that not what half of Beta testing is about...... feedback?

People are fucking dumb these days.