Apelgrandure

mic not working in game? LOOK HERE!!

Hey so I've tried all of your trouble shooting and nothing will work. :(

My microphone and headset work in TS, Skype, Mumble, and Vent.

I went to audio settings in arma and tried the auto adjust. I talked as loud as I possibly could and when it was finished it set my microphone level to zero.

I'm not sure why arma doesn't pick up and voice coming from my microphone but I'm quiet desprate at the moment :(

so i yelled in my mic during auto adjust and it set my mic setting to like very very very very low. my microphone is set to 100% in my mic settings

Edited by Bruce

Hey so I've tried all of your trouble shooting and nothing will work. :(

My microphone and headset work in TS, Skype, Mumble, and Vent.

I went to audio settings in arma and tried the auto adjust. I talked as loud as I possibly could and when it was finished it set my microphone level to zero.

I'm not sure why arma doesn't pick up and voice coming from my microphone but I'm quiet desprate at the moment :(

so i yelled in my mic during auto adjust and it set my mic setting to like very very very very low. my microphone is set to 100% in my mic settings

Sorry to hear nothing worked for you

Only thing I can suggest is to try it all again and make sure you didn't miss anything

Also make sure the person you are talking to has the same beta version for arma 2 that you are running otherwise your mic might be working but its just that he cant hear what you are saying

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Hopefully standalone DayZ will have a much better microphone detection

Wish you the best of luck getting it working!

Ey i was just wondering if Solution 1 will work if you are running six launcher through Ramdisk?

Ey i was just wondering if Solution 1 will work if you are running six launcher through Ramdisk?

not sure what you mean by this

Could you elaborate a bit more?

Thanks

Funny problem im having is my mic workings in Dayz but in Project reality it doesn't.

Cant help you because I only troubleshoot mic's not working in DayZ :(

okay turns out it was the bet patch. i updatged to 95883 and joined a server running the same patch. mic worked again.... -_- sorry foreverything and great troubleshooting:)

okay turns out it was the bet patch. i updatged to 95883 and joined a server running the same patch. mic worked again.... -_- sorry foreverything and great troubleshooting:)

Great to hear its working :)

Hey Guys, I've tried fixing it through my Windows Sound, Dayz, and all, I use my microphone from my webcam, it works while im in skype etc. Please help! i keep getting shot on site because its too slow to Type!!!

Hey Guys, I've tried fixing it through my Windows Sound, Dayz, and all, I use my microphone from my webcam, it works while im in skype etc. Please help! i keep getting shot on site because its too slow to Type!!!

Have you tried all the solutions in this thread?

If not, please do and post your results :)

Ok so when i use my Turtle Beach X12 it's fine (the TB x12 uses the same sound card as internal mic so it comes up as Internal mic but really it's Turtle beach)

But anyway for i change i used my blue snowball and noone could hear me.Any reason why? do i have to change the mic input somewhere?

(i only tried talking in Side chat for Test, i don't usually chat in there but oh well, my mate said he couldn't hear me in side chat)

And yes my mic works fine on Skype,Msn and audacity.

So what's the problem?

Many Thanks.

I have the same problem and can't talk in side or direct. So I just use Teamspeak 3 and only talk with those people. I just avoid other players I don't know, unless their a bandit, good hunting ;)

you have to set your mic as default in windows. thats what worked for me

Windows Control Panel-> Sound-> recording-> select your mic and press set default

Hi guys, i came here via forum search..im currently having problems with my mic working ingame at all..all forms of text work but mic dose not..as far as the solutions go..

Solution 1) Run as admin..Im using winddows XP and can not find any options to run as admin..My mic seems to work in everything else and in "sound and audio devices" i have voice recording and sound recording set to Realtect HDA Primery input(There is a Realtect HD primery input but dose not seem to work with the mic in anything..also the setting under sound recording was on Realtect HD input.. changing it dose not seem to change the function of the mic at all)

Solution 2) Once again, windows XP seems to have a different layout..looked for anything similar but couldn't find anything.

EDIT-i was silly and missed that selecting a setting in sound and audio is setting it to default..everything looks correct here.ALSO the settings for my soundcard(Realtek HD audio manager) match my windows settings

Solution 3) When i click auto adjust it counts from 0% to 100% pretty fast then says done. Yelling in the mix while this is happening seems to have no effect besides me looking crazy yelling at the computer..

Perhaps this is a clue as to why my mix not working

Solution 4) I dont use steam for arma 2 or day Z..But i do have steam and my mic works fine

Solution 5) This is the post that took me to this thread..i have done a fresh install and updated to the latest patch joined a server with 99153 and still no working mic...ALSO i belive Sting2pee said something about his mouth moving even though he is not talking..this is what is happening to me everytime i hold down the push to talk button. and im sure this is another clue..

Any help would be great, as i really find it hard to play without a mic(getting shot by netrual players as i didnt respond quick enough..not being able to communicate with friendly survivors as where running along(cant stop and type)

Edited by DutyOfCare

I really need help with making direct chat work. I can't send nor receive text or hear others with mic. This is just so frustrating, so does anybody know a solution?

Would like to give this a bump before making another thread as im still stumped. If it helps when i go to calibrate mic ingame it starts at 0 and quickly counts up to 100%..Also my mic works with everything else fine...is there maybe another place to check/change mic options for ARMA 2?

ANY tips or questions would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

bump!

I'm new to dayZ and have the same annoying problem. The first two days it seemed to be working but then i registered, that no one can hear me.

i have tried all the solutions, none worked.

When i auto adjust the mix ingame, it sets the mic-volume to ZERO. that's interesting i think.

I run teamspeak parallel, and this works fine.

I installed ARMA2:CO with steam, and then installed DayZ with Play with Six.

I am using play with six OR DayZ Commander for starting and server browser, i have made all the arma2(oa) executable files in my steamapps-folder run as admin.

the server has the same arma2 version and same dayz version, i even reinstalled to the allready running version via dayz commander.

The server HAS voice chat enabled.

Interestingly, i can't hear anyone in global chat either.

Its irritating, because i could hear talking in global the first days, and i dont know what happend, other than six launcher updated maybe this or that. dont know exactly what this launchers do, but that is the point of the launcher, they do the shit for you. ;)

One thing i dont understand, and maybe related?

Whats with the "beta version of arma2OA?

that is for when you want to start the game via steam?

Or should i tell the setting of the launcher (dayz commander or six....) to launch the executable of the beta where i make the setting of where arma2:OA is installed?

Its really frustrating, the whole point of talking with nearby players makes this game so interesting and fun, and not working spoils the most fun of it. only talking to my friends on Teamspeak is pretty pointless.

I searched the web for days and days now and tried all possible things.

i really hope i can solve this.

*btw. first post on the forum. Hi all! i'm the new one! =D

I've tried all the steps for this and none of them have worked im using PX5 turtle beaches and the sound menu looks like this. (dont mind the pink, my dayz background defaulted that)

post-171214-0-01115300-1380671814_thumb.