rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

Nice work...One last question......Will the issue with loosing all your loot and being reverted back to stock gear when you next log on be solved in the fix?

can anyone confirmed if antibiotics are spawning since the last update? me and a friend try to find one but so far nothing in hospitals

I was going to say YES, but then i remembered me and my buddies raped some dudes tent and took them for our sick comrade......I love looting!

• Like 1

I was going to say YES, but then i remembered me and my buddies raped some dudes tent and took them for our sick comrade......I love looting!

Yes they are spawning i just got one the other day at the hospital in cherno. with the latest beta patch and dayz update. They are not easy to find they only have a 2 percent chance of spawning.

Edit : if there are tin cans next to medical boxes or right under them i won't get the option to open the medical box only to look at the cans when i select gear.

Edited by keosan24

Would it not be easier to remove barbed wire and tank traps completely?

They serve no purpose in the game as it stands now; other than to block off loot spawns for server hoppers.

Just remove them, please.

Edit:

Also, the duping of items needs fixing too, urgently.

you never set up a tank trap near a gas station I guess

Edit : if there are tin cans next to medical boxes or right under them i won't get the option to open the medical box only to look at the cans when i select gear.

You need to clear the items round about the box, then you will be able to get to it.

Finally! No more artifacts, Hallelujah! But yes, like someone previous said, some ability to flip a vehicle back, maybe you have to have multiple people to do it, i dunno. But im fed up of waiting for a server restart or trying to nudge it with another vehicle, seeing it go to space, circle the moon then explode on the floor with my squished mate beneath it :P

• Like 4

Issue's i noticed in latest patch: (Probably already known about)

- Switching between ACP and M1911 ammo allows user to regain full ammo. I assume this is the same with other ammo you can switch between.

- Takes the user to walk away after gutting an animal to allow the user to get the meat.

- Sometimes when walking up a deer stand ladder you seem to walk up the left hand side of it, causing the user to fall and sometimes break leg once you get to the top.As you are not in line with the gap to enter deer stand.

- Axes spawning all over the place. I must have entered 3 buildings and every loot spot contained an axe. Nothing else.

• Like 2

It's not just barbed wire that causes those artifacts, i've experienced it at Balota (and I was looking right at the medical tents and the barbed wire...) , in Cherno near the church, Berezino by the hospital (probably soldiers dead by the hospital)

Please try to decrease the zombie life a bit or make them more sensitive to bullets, at least to be able to get them with 2 shots in the body with a revolver or a m1911 - 3-4 shots is a bit much especially if you claim you have fixed the ammo counter.

Yeah, flip vehicle option would be great, i got one atv by its side when i went over some railroad tracks.

Edited by mariush
  • Like 3

I believe the list of fixes will include also graphical glitches around dead soldiers.

Anyway its great that ammo will not be exploited by reloging, but then again people can just put some ammo to tent and exploit the hell out of it :blush:

I so wish that duping would be eradicated and those bushwookies with .50cals would need to start counting the bullets...

Working tents, working tents, my beans for working tents. I'm so loaded down with stuff right now... I hate leaving gear on the ground that I could give to a friend or keep for myself if I die. In fact, my partner and I have cut back our play (even though I keep sneaking in a fix here and there) until they work. That way we don't die and loose it all in the mean time.

What about doing something about stuff disappearing on drop? I've encountered many times that my main weapon has disappeared when I accidentaly pick something else up in that slot. Earlier today I lost everything in my backpack when picking up a new czech backpack from the floor in the supermarket in Cherno.

Edit to say that the backpack I dropped completely disappeared.

Edited by noMad17
  • Like 3

Leaking helicopters! I've nearly crashed twice now because my helicopter is leaking, even though it's 100% repaired.

Thanks for the graphical fix! Really fast ;)

Do you have any plans in the future for fixing the Zombie Zig Zagging?

I copy & paste my observations with the actual patch from last thread to emphasize the urgency of fixing this:

After having played 1.7.2.4 for two days (server and client 95417) here my conclusion.

First of all: Thank you rocket and your team for this great mod, haven't been playing anything else the last 10 weeks or so. Great stuff!

However, 1.7.2.4 has some serious issues, each of it gamebreaking:

1. tents

The tent I own was set up 2 weeks back with 1.7.2.3. It was a nice tent, being able to dupe stuff. Made the game kind of boring, so I was really looking forward to 1.7.2.4. Well, the tent does not dupe stuff anymore, that's fine. Instead, no matter what I remove from this well equipped tent or what I add: After server restart it will return to the same content it had before the 1.7.2.4 update. Pretty nice since it contains decent stuff, but a serious issue. I am not afraid to die anymore. Once I reach my tent, I have all the goodies you can possibly think of. Very boring.

2. graphical glichtes

I never had any before. With 1.7.2.4 I do quite regularly, whenever I look into a direction with military content like soldier bodies etc.. Observed this in Stary, Green Mountain and NW Airfield, the artefacts seem to be caused by dead soldier bodies. Very annoying, and tempering with the video options or restarting Arma 2 sometimes work, sometimes not. I was unable to find a pattern so far.

3. desync

With the desync between hive and my inventory I am actually capable of duping anything. There are no boundaries. Third issue which is truly game breaking. This needs to be fixed immediately!

There is just no point for me to do anything or go anywhere. All items I want I can create on my own, without any hacking, just by exploiting. Although I know it's a sandbox game and all and I need to use my creativity to make the game fun all by my self, which has been fine for the last 10 weeks, I just see no point anymore to start the game at all.

So here is my proposal: Since I am definately not the only one having figured out how to dupe items like hell (can tell from the other players I see running around, all with shiny NVGs, Rangefinders, AS50, Coyote, Ghillie and stuff), we need a cut here:

Fix the issues so that nothing can be duped anymore. Once this has been achieved (better sooner than later), remove all tents and cars from all servers. Reset everybody's gear, let everybody spawn at the beach with nothing, just if they had died.

From my perspective, this is the only way the game will become fun again. Until then, you will lose a lot of people out of boredom, and the rest will suffer from the sociopaths, now with unlimted supplies, playing duck hunt with the unknowing at the coast.

My 2 cents.

• Like 20

* [FIXED] Ammunition amounts not loaded in properly (Now records used ammunition correctly)

Does that include the infinite ammunition for convertable ammunitiontypes?

If yes, awesome :D

Looks like my bug report worked thanks dude! :)

Thanks for the graphical fix! Really fast ;)

Do you have any plans in the future for fixing the Zombie Zig Zagging?

+1

I also dont like the pistols being soooooo weak! Against army z's yeah 4-5 shots maybe, but normal z's 2-3 shots with any pistol should put them down.

• Like 3

Hey rocket.

I updated to 2.4 with the latest beta patch as the server I play on just updated from 2.3.

Thanks for all the tents :P

I had 2 tents setup.... I logged in and found about 15-20 or more all in a tent jungle of a mess sitting on top of one another..

took ages to pack them all and put away.

It also duped one of the tents and all its items in it. crazy shit.

Im assuming it only happened due to server update tent dupe bug?... I herd of tent dupes but this is the first time I ever saw it happen.

Freaked me out.

Edited by moofactory
  • Like 1