rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

Rocket, wanting to release an actual patch with Bandit and Hero skins is very nice.

I know you are aware of how big this glitch is. You have already fixed the graphic glitch, why you wait with releasing the fix?

I just don't get it...

Wheres the harm in releasing the fix, and then later releasing an actual patch when your done with it?

• Like 3

will this put an end to spawning in with no ammo and 3 jerry cans when i logged out with one clip and one jerry can?

Totally forgot about this !

Yes, I once logged out with a Winchester and a single ammo with around 6 "bullets" and when I reconnected I had no bullets at all. So that's still an issue in 1.7.2.4.

this is great that this patch is coming out but I haven't been able to play them same in cherno/stary/NWA since these glitches. can't wait for the patch to come out, have been waiting :P

In my opinion they should release 1.7.2.4.1(1.7.2.4a/b?) or some shit only including the fix for the graphical artifacts bug ONLY.

EDIT: Or people will continue to annoy you guys for a fix and to hurry up with the update.

Edited by IAnon
  • Like 2

In my opinion they should release 1.7.2.4.1(1.7.2.4a/b?) or some shit only including the fix for the graphical artifacts bug.

agree

So, the unlimited ammo bug is going. Pleased to see this, but I suspect it's going to be one of the biggest changes to dayZ yet.

So far, we've all become used to getting gun+never running out of ammo. What will people do now that each and evry bulet is going to be a precious resource?

Going to be very, very interesting.

• Like 4

the problem is he said in that interview that the patch was working great. idk, maybe we're misinterpreting what he said. but I understand people's frustration when they're having bad artifacting, and it seems like rocket's holding off on the patch that would fix that. again, I'm not saying that's what's necessarily going on, just that I'm sure many people interpret it that way

if the fix for the artifacting is ready, I think it should be released asap

As you guys can see in the first post, the artifact issues with the static dead soldiers are not completely fixed. The patch will come when it is good and ready to avoid stuff like artifacting and worse.

I had tried every single workaround for the artifiacts and none of them worked for me. But I did find something that worked, it was forcing another armaII beta patch update. I was 1 patch off from the latest available, here is the latest:

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95417.zip

Yea I was playing earlier. Looted Starry just fine but when I got to the NWAF I couldn't look towards the Barracks or the control tower/ fire station without crazy artifacts showing up. I ended up just logging off instead of attempting to loot either. Didn't want to run into someone who wasn't have the same issues and could take me out. I'll check out the beta patch you linked and see if it works.

I use 95417 and still get artifacting

it all started with the DayZ patch, so I wouldn't expect an Arma 2 beta patch to fix it

I use 95417 and still get artifacting

it all started with the DayZ patch, so I wouldn't expect an Arma 2 beta patch to fix it

Same here. Game is unplayble .. Can not even see where i am going

Looking towards the artifact centre and holding down left shift+pressing numpad - and then typing flush should remove the artifacts.

Not working, tried it at least a few hundred times. ANYWAY

I've tried the fix with the arma 95417 patch and it didnt work also. So now the only thing i haven't tried is to replace some dayz files with the ones from the older patch 1.7.2.3? Please if someone has the old patch, can he share it so we can try this? The game is still unplayable for me and my friends.

So, the unlimited ammo bug is going. Pleased to see this, but I suspect it's going to be one of the biggest changes to dayZ yet.

So far, we've all become used to getting gun+never running out of ammo. What will people do now that each and evry bulet is going to be a precious resource?

Going to be very, very interesting.

Duping. Is done more than you realize. The change won't be a problem for all the abusers out there.

Not working, tried it at least a few hundred times. ANYWAY

I've tried the fix with the arma 95417 patch and it didnt work also. So now the only thing i haven't tried is to replace some dayz files with the ones from the older patch 1.7.2.3? Please if someone has the old patch, can he share it so we can try this? The game is still unplayable for me and my friends.

Try to adjust some of your video options aswell. Video memory should stay at ''Defualt'' to make sure the game uses your entire video memory. Also try to adjust the HDR. It is very important that you look directly at where the artifacts come from when you flush.

I don't believe all barbed wire is the cause of the graphical glitches. I was able to look at any barbed wire and not get any graphical glitches but even entering the Balota area or airfield it is unplayable same thing for Stary Sober. Cherno also has some graphical glitches to the south east of the city.

Barbed wire is the majority of this issue, from what we've seen on our server:

A: Placing barbed wire makes it completely irremovable as it resets when the server is restarted.

B: Artifacting barbed wire happens to OTHER players who did not place the wire AFTER the player who originally placed it has died at least once.

I have not personally seen any artifacting from dead soldiers, neither have any of my comrades, were a band of almost 10 strong now and none of us have seen dead bodies artifacting.

Note: The pre placed barbed wire is a major problem, making most miltary areas and outposts unapproachable due to the artifacting. Player placed barbed wire can also have this affect but not as badly or as often, usually when a character dies does this happen, atleast from what we have seen.

WORKING FIX!

I'm telling you guys. I TRIED EVERYTHING. Flushing in a milion ways, looking not looking, one server another server etc. Trying all the video options etc.

I just found this : http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48646-how-to-revert-to-dayz-1723/

Here i guy gave a zip of the anim files of 1.7.2.3 . I replaced the files of my current version with those and guess what. I dont have the glitch anymore.

Just for all you guys that only have the weekends to play and couldnt because of the damn glitch. HERE IS THE FIX FOR YOU :P

all these 'fixes' for the artifacts are temporary at best. I understand people are trying to help, but just understand what 'fixed' it for you might not work for other people, or it might only temporarily solve the issue for other people

when I first turn on the game, I don't get artifacts, but eventually they creep up. all these 'fixes' essentially do the same thing. they 'reset' the video, but the artifacts eventually come back

and as the suggested 'fixes' get more complicated (people rolling back certain dayz files), who knows what other unintended issues may crop up for some people. that's another reason I think they should prioritize fixing this issue. people trying to fix it on their own could just create a bigger mess. we can all talk about who's 'fault' that is, but the point is it will be a mess and clog up these forums with more crap

• Like 17

I have not personally seen any artifacting from dead soldiers, neither have any of my comrades, were a band of almost 10 strong now and none of us have seen dead bodies artifacting.

it definitely comes right from the dead soldiers for me.I had the barbed wire artifacting before, but this is different

• Like 4

WORKING FIX!

I'm telling you guys. I TRIED EVERYTHING. Flushing in a milion ways, looking not looking, one server another server etc. Trying all the video options etc.

I just found this : http://dayzmod.com/f...t-to-dayz-1723/

Here i guy gave a zip of the anim files of 1.7.2.3 . I replaced the files of my current version with those and guess what. I dont have the glitch anymore.

Just for all you guys that only have the weekends to play and couldnt because of the damn glitch. HERE IS THE FIX FOR YOU :P

well duh. of course that fixes it

• Like 1

Target date:

* Wednesday 1 August 2012 (GMT)

Aim seem to be a bit off. What is the new target date?

• Like 7

Aim seem to be a bit off. What is the new target date?

Probably a bad to guesstimate a target date since last time he did that hundreds of nerdrages suddenly cried out and then when Rocket locked the thread, suddenly became silent.

• Like 4