brandon.tampabay@yahoo.com

Can my laptop run DayZ?

At low settings yes.

Reason for low settings is this thing is kinda old. But yes, it most likely will play. I play on a slightly 'newer' computer than that, and can run higher. It is all about when the computer comes from.

• Like 1

An easy way to test would be to download Arma: Free (Can get it from their official site or Steam). If it can run that, then it can run DayZ.

• Like 1

I think that you will have some problems. I have an old laptop with a dual core 2.53ghz, same ram and a 9600M and well, Arma 2 is playable, but Dayz runs at 20 - 25 fps when I'm not at cities, when I'm at cities 10fps or even lower, so basically I'm almost useless at cities. With those specs your main problem will be the video card.

As whyto has told you, I'd try to download Arma 2 OA demo from steam and see how it runs. Then you have to know that Dayz will run slightly worse so make your maths and with some tweaks, who knows...

As whyto has told you, I'd try to download Arma 2 OA demo from steam and see how it runs. Then you have to know that Dayz will run slightly worse so make your maths and with some tweaks, who knows...

I'll do that, thanks.

Hey guys, I'm not a PC gamer, but I really want to play DayZ. Would my laptop be able to play it, even on minimal settings?

http://www.compusa.c...rkey=A50-156237

Thanks.

If you are ever curious at to what your system can run use this website: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

I used to use it a lot before i built my current gaming pc :P

I just used that site. It said everything passes except for my video card.

"Video Card

Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT or ATI Radeon HD 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

You Have: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations. Click here for the latest Video drivers.

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required You Have

Video RAM 512 MB 1.7 GB

Hardware T&L Yes Yes

Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.1

Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.1"

Does this mean I'm basically screwed or should I give it a shot anyways?

If you pass on everything but graphics. You should still give arma 2 free a go. If it runs, try setting everything to low, and adjust from there. I also found that the retail version seems to run smoother then the free version. Try to keep your resolution close to your displays native resolution, as it is important for seeing things at a distance. Disable AA and post processing for sure with an onboard chipset aswell. If it does indeed run give multi player a shot and join a coop domination server and try to hitch a ride in a chopper. If the game handles well while in the cities fighting with many players and A.I. , then day should run ok with a few hiccups. Although from expirence as my lappy (which is a joke for gaming) runs dayz pretty well just around 25-30 fps most of the time. arma2 is one of the few games that graphics fidelity can be really be a large advantage because of the long sight lines and long distance combat lower quality setting can sometimes imped your ability to spot enemies at a distance. There are a few tweaks for arma2's config files that can improve performance. Good luck and if it works good hunting and we'll all be shooting at you soon. lol.

Edited by Mungaloid