sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

Amazing Tool! My 2 suggestions:

Friends List

+ Join Friends Server

LOVE IT!

Thank you!

Friends List, Join friend's server, and show/filter server with Friends is prepared, just needs some finishing touches. We're also considering mini-chat.

You can expect it sometime next week.

Oh wow! Awesome, very excited =D this is super awesome.

Great program. Only downside is for some reason if i run the game through Six i cannot access the side chat. I can see everyone talking in side chat. Just can't respond. Cycling through the channels it just leaves side chat out. Direct, global etc all there. Blue side chat is just gone.

What a masterpiece!

Nice to see you still around Sickboy!

- Ich will

Thanks mate, damn that's been a long time Ich will!

I used to think this tool was useless, then I took some time, checked it out and it's fucking amazing. I used this after my friends and I figured out we have incompatible versions of ACE to eachother, we got Six Updater, pressed like 3 buttons, and BAM. We all have fully updated ACE mods without bullshit web pages, mediafire links, or teamviewer. I'm using this for DayZ now as well. I LOVE THIS TOOL.

When I open the launcher, the options come up because I have no game found. Can you take a picture of what your options window paths are set too. Or atleast help me find the paths to the game/mod/patch and that stuff. I have the free arma 2 and the operation arrowhead. Help>>

Is it possible to add a routine were after updating the game beta, it would also copy the arma2oa.exe file from the beta folder to the OA folder? (to keep the Steam overlay)

Would it be possible to make Updating Optional? Today there was new Arma2 Beta patch, unfortunately this is causing being kicked from servers for "Script Restriction #16" and only way is to revert to previous version to fix.

Thing is, once you revert back, Six attempts to update again.

Also minor thing, can I have double click on server to join? XD pretty plz

Is it possible to add a routine were after updating the game beta' date=' it would also copy the arma2oa.exe file from the beta folder to the OA folder? (to keep the Steam overlay)

[/quote']Looking into some options, probably can do it, but would use an alternative exe name not to overwrite original exe etc.

Would it be possible to make Updating Optional? Today there was new Arma2 Beta patch' date=' unfortunately this is causing being kicked from servers for "Script Restriction #16" and only way is to revert to previous version to fix.

Thing is, once you revert back, Six attempts to update again.

Also minor thing, can I have double click on server to join? XD pretty plz

[/quote']

Beta reverted for the time being. Will see about skipping updates but might be best not to.

Double click to join server will add soon :)

Wasn't sure whether to ask this here or in the troubleshooting section, apologies if it's in the wrong spot.

Whenever I use the Six Launcher (not Six Updater) my computer hard locks after the servers are shown. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Whats the best way to uninstall six updater? ........it just doesn't work,

so far, a complete waste of time, multiple install attempts, reinstall of steam and arma II CO, what version of Dayz is it supposed to work with anyways?

I get infinite 'loading' times, or wrong version error messages, BattleEye error messages, locking up PC... the works

DON'T USE SIX UPDATER!

It's much simpler and less error prone to maintain control over your Dayz version manually. I haven't been able to get into any servers since using this software.

Don't do it Rocket! Stay manual!

SU always serves the latest DayZ version, and the latest stable and BE supported Beta, etc.

The software generally works just fine, so if you are experiencing issues, it must be an issue on your system, configuration, used software etc.

Lockups are usually caused by paranoid security systems or actual problems in the system.

I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues, but they are not usual. Manual management of mods, especially considering the rest of the ARMA universe, is definitely not preferable to these utilities, not to mention the additional value of the available features, and more features that are incoming.

If you like we can try and figure out what it is, and actually resolve the issue all together, we have a very good support track-record (don't believe my word on it - just look around at the support system or ask around).

In that case please find the issue tracker, share the problem details and log files, and we'll figure it out and fix it; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Whats the best way to uninstall six updater? ........it just doesn't work' date='

so far, a complete waste of time, multiple install attempts, reinstall of steam and arma II CO, what version of Dayz is it supposed to work with anyways?

I get infinite 'loading' times, or wrong version error messages, BattleEye error messages, locking up PC... the works

DON'T USE SIX UPDATER!

It's much simpler and less error prone to maintain control over your Dayz version manually. I haven't been able to get into any servers since using this software.

[/quote']

Heyho, I don't know what your problem is. I never had problems with SIX and from all the problems I've heard so far in 90% of the times the problem was the user. If there was a problem with the tool, it got resolved within minutes/hours after they've been reported.

You bitching around here clearly shows that you didn't really use the programm or tried to do so. If you have any problems, try the Support. It's direct, instant and so on.

To be honest: It's just so much more easy to use SU. It only downloads parts of the file if needed. And it can do much more.

Really: If you have a problem, describe it and there'll be a solution for it asap.

Awesome tool indeed!

As always make sure you let the software through the firewall, obvious, but easy to forget if your firewall is running silent

Created an issue on your page and submitted my two logfiles, hopefully that helps. It works for all my friends except for me, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks Noodle, responded with request for some more info.

We've noticed a memory leak in the application, which will hopefully be analyzed and fixed in some hours.

Whats the best way to uninstall six updater? ........it just doesn't work' date='

DON'T USE SIX UPDATER!

[/quote']

Dude whats your issue, just because you're having issues doesnt mean everyone else is.

I found manually getting files and updating DayZ a very pain, then going to get the patch and applying that. I love the SU does this all for me, i always use six launcher now, i love how i dont even need steam running to play.

It also has "sort by difficulty" which the games lacks and i LOVE this.

Sickboy, What does it mean when a status goes to "Unknown", like sometimes they are all "Playing" and Protection is "Full" soon as I click them, they go to "Unknown" "Bad" most of the time. Bad being Signatures Disabled, i dont know what that means either.

Sickboy, What does it mean when a status goes to "Unknown", like sometimes they are all "Playing" and Protection is "Full" soon as I click them, they go to "Unknown" "Bad" most of the time. Bad being Signatures Disabled, i dont know what that means either.
Heya, this is a bug, solved for next release; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32778

(currently we're have SU team meeting weekend at my home so i'm slowed down on development and release)

Some info on Signatures and BattlEye (the variables used to determine server protection status): http://sickboy-six.blogspot.nl/

I need to clarify as my last post was born of frustration.

I had another look at it and my issue is with the Launcher. I can't get it to work. When it does work I end up in the ocean or spawning in the 'debug spawn forest'. I don't want to lose my stuff to the sea yet again. Is there anyway I can spawn back on land?

The updater works fine. But unfortunately most of the Oceanic servers have so many different versions running that I need to manually change the version anyway to play on servers still on 1.6 or running Betas that aren't full. It takes a few seconds to change from one version to another manually.

So now I can update with six updater and start via the normal steam process i can play on 1.7. But i am still confused as to how we are supposed to play on Beta versions, i presumed that six updater would update the Arma II Beta as well.

The launcher is much better for the DayZ purpose, so if you can provide the requested details we can hopefully solve this.

You can enable Beta usage/update in Six Updater by checking the Beta Checkbox.

Re DayZ server versions, hopefully that stabilizes at some point and people will run the latest version.

Last login using your launcher I was at sea again. I quickly logged out as i dont want to lose all my hard earned equipment. I am afraid to login again.

I tried logging in again via steam and of course my position was saved at sea with no land in sight. Not happy.

On Beta issue, box was checked.

Disregard last post, it was probably camo suit issue.

New build out with the memory leak fixed! https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32991

The status and protection status bug is also fixed; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32778

@batcave; Strange, sure its not a mod bug (or e.g joining incompatible version server)? Please create a ticket with your RPT file and log files as described in the support section, thanks.

Forgot to mention, double click server to join it, was also implemented in the latest build