sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

@duncandun; i've added a download link to hotfix file for the Six Launcher memory issue' date=' if you like to test it.

Re the beta; it should auto enable the beta when the server requires it, and i've not run into issues re Steam. If you are experiencing issues please create a ticket with logfiles and we'll investigate. http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

But also will look into more control over beta; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31875

[/quote']

Oh. I attempted to install the beta patch for the steam version using the various guides out there to no avail. I wasn't aware your patcher already had this feature! thanks:)

Awesome! Six's team support is great, have been running Arma2 through it long time before DayZ, great to see a dedicated DayZ launcher (with a glimpse of things to come in Six Updater 3.0 :)). I too support the #31875, would be great to have - I usually play DayZ with latest beta because of Direct VON fixes even if server needs only 1.60, unless the beta is not backwards compatible (which is not the case).

All in all, highly recommended, mods please sticky it :)

Thank you for your prompt response and fix. Six updater is a great program and we are all very appreciative of your work.

Could a feature be added to allow it to run via the steam EXE? I miss having the steam overlay.

Great looking tool. I use the steam overlay a lot though so if you could get it working with the steam overlay/screenshots that would be awesome and I'd use it straight away!

Keep up the hard work mate looks like a great thing to use :).

Just one thing, the queued thingy joins when there are 5 slots open. Make it so it joins when just one slot opens up. Then this tool will be amazing.

You made something in reaction to my suggestion, but it's still unusable. :P I tried adding a beta startup param to a shortcut. Didn't work. And I tried finding the config file. But even searching my entire PC didn't turn one up.

Perhaps instead, just make a UI chceckbox or selector box, revealed by an options button.

And for some reason, six updater seems to be eating my beta patch every time I open it. Grr. Could we get an option in it, so that if it sees a beta patch ahead of what it's pushing, it'll leave it alone? Or better yet, make that a default.

SIX eating your beta is obviously an implementation decision. If it's a good one or not is another question. :) Right now, it'll download the beta that's up on the SU network and therefore beeing tested to work with Battleeye and other stuff. If you run a beta that's newer the chance is that it's not beeing allowed by battleeye yet thus you beeing unable to play.

The SIX Launcher has been designed to be as minimalistic and reliable for 90% of the people. If you want/need more flexibility, maybe use the SIX Updater?

Please help.

Whenever I run the launcher it shows like every server has 9999 ping.

When I try to play - it launches the game, but then I see an endless "wait for host" screen.

Please help.

Whenever I run the launcher it shows like every server has 9999 ping.

When I try to play - it launches the game' date=' but then I see an endless "wait for host" screen.

[/quote']Heya, it seems the ping from the tools\gslist.exe utility is being blocked, or perhaps responses cannot come in quick enough.

Please verify if the software is excluded from firewalls on PC and router etc.

Otherwise perhaps the planned custom ping implementation could improve the situation; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31618

What about profile names? I'm not playing with my default one, I have created another one I use. But when I launch the game with the Six Launcher it connects as my default player name (which I prefer not to use).

What about profile names? I'm not playing with my default one' date=' I have created another one I use. But when I launch the game with the Six Launcher it connects as my default player name (which I prefer not to use).

[/quote']Normally when the game is started, the last active player profile should be activated, as per normal game design.

It should be stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA

Is this not the case for you? IIRC this could happen if you try to delete your default account, or something similar, but I dont remember the details.

In any case, in the SU Launcher Options there is a Additional Startup params field.

You can use: "-name=Your player profile name" (including the quotes)

I dont like it. Its over-complicated, slow, non user friendly, lots of work, and it doesnt even seem to work for me.

ill just stick with Worroms

I dont like it. Its over-complicated' date=' slow, non user friendly, lots of work, and it doesnt even seem to work for me.

ill just stick with Worroms

[/quote']I' m not sure how you can conclude that the Six Launcher is overly complicated. http://www.six-updater.net/2012/05/all-new-six-launcher-click-and-play.html

If it doesn't work for you, feel free to post some actual details so the problem can be solved? http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Perhaps you are experiencing this issue? https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32764

If I could get the requested info (Feedback section), I will solve it ASAP.

Sorry I found Six a. not intuitive and b. a sledge-hammer to crack a nut.

worrom is simple for dayz install and getting any Arma2 Betas is easy.

Are you referring at Six Launcher or Six Updater?

Both tools have a lot more to offer than just downloading and updating, besides the fact that for distribution it actually only downloads changed bits on updates, saving time and bandwidth.

The tools also feature server browser with queuing feature for when the server is full, favorite servers, search/sort/filtering, amongst other things.

I' ll at least improve the startup performance by over 75% by retrieving the server list asynchronously. Seeing not everyone needs the server browser anyway :P

Startup performance improved; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31618#note-2

Improved usage and performance when you don't need the Server Browser is planned: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32766

Hopefully solved the issue with unable to start the software too; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32764

I wonder if packaging the updater and launcher separately would fix some of the problems with the technically/intellectually challenged who just can't figure it out on their own. Some people really just can't handle those types of distractions.

I wonder if packaging the updater and launcher separately would fix some of the problems with the technically/intellectually challenged who just can't figure it out on their own. Some people really just can't handle those types of distractions.

What distractions are you referring at? The availability of both tools in one suite?

Its not that uncommon, Office I suppose being a prime example :)

Currently much of the codebase and utilities are shared between the two, as such it would be a bit of a waste to distribute(+manage+update) separately.

However we're preparing to rework the installer, and also are exploring single file (exe) for each app.

The launcher actually wasn't really planned, it came up very quick and we've delivered it very quick to support the community.

Coming time we'll be improving many aspects, while we are also working on the next-gen suite :)

The distractions of two programs in the same install. lol I've direct connected to friends PCs countless times just because most people give up entirely when they're faced with a decisions as difficult as reading the names of two desktop icons to figure out which to click.

Gotta remember, we're not working with Armed Assault players exclusively anymore. Nearly anything that takes effort will be ignored in favor of something likely more complicated and less useful just simply because they can avoid using their problem solving skills by some players.

It's a sad state of affairs. But unfortunately, the industry has catered to it and now most people are used to it. Most players, if not coddled into a game with just a click or two and minimal reading, just CBA'd.

Amazing Tool! My 2 suggestions:

Friends List

+ Join Friends Server

LOVE IT!