sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

how does the auto queue work?

Try to play on a server with no or few slots free' date=' you will be presented with the option to cancel, play anyway, or queue up until enough slots are available.
Does it have player search/buddy list?
Player search is temporary disabled, until we have mass direct socket connections improved. Hopefully within few days.

BuddyList and BuddyInteraction is in the making as we speak.

(NOTE : please edit/shorten title of thread, its borks the quick reply as when it adds the 'RE:' the subject becomes too long)

Sure, done.

How does it work with Steam?

Absolutely great. "Just Works" tm :) It either finds official BI game registry entries, or it finds Steam, and finds the games through Steam :)

You don't even need to go through the "Run SteamLauncher as Admin, and start each game individually to correct registry entry" pains.

Neither with the Launcher nor the full Updater at this time.

I've been using Sixupdater since I started playing DayZ three weeks ago, can't praise it enough.

An excellent tool, thanks for your hard work.

New update available (auto-update) with latest fixes and small improvements.

I'm going to try it out just for the auto-queue feature. Thanks!

Thanks sick, been using the 6 updater tool for years, glad to see a special Dayz version.

Keep up the good work making our lives easier.

Does this also have a beta support? (Operation Arrowhead beta that is)

Yes the SIX Launcher automaticly detects if the server you have selected requires the beta and launches with the beta.

If there is a new beta that is compatible with Battleeye' date=' SIX Launcher will automaticly download and install it as well.

The great thing about SIX Updater and SIX Launcher is the incremental file transfer or called Delta Patching. This means: If a changed file is 100 MB in size, but only 1 MB has been changed, your SIX Launcher will only download the 1 MB. Thus creating way less stress on the mirrors (SIX Launcher has a community driven network of content mirrors all around the world.) and obviously less time for you to download the stuff. :)

As an example: For the 1.5.8 Patch you would only need to download 3.9 MB instead of 67 MB. For the 1.5.8.3 Hotfix it was 53 KB vs 136 KB.

This means: [b']If you use SIX Launcher or SIX Updater you'll only need to download 3.9 MB instead of 67 MB! There is no tool that beats this at the moment. :)

it doesnt launch the beta for me

why?

If there is a new beta that is compatible with Battleeye' date=' SIX Launcher will automaticly download and install it as well.[/quote']

The new beta is not yet BE-compatible.

how long does it usually take until an update becomes compatible?

and the program always checks for updates after restarting.

doesnt it recognize that the latest update is installed already without checking ?

it doesnt launch the beta for me

why?

Currently it only launches the Beta if the server runs it as well.

Would you like it better if it auto-enables the beta also if it finds the beta installed?

how long does it usually take until an update becomes compatible?
Do you mean how long it takes between Rocket releasing it and it becoming available on the SU network? Usually up to 3 minutes' date=' from the moment I receive notification :)

The future still holds authors able to manage their own mods though :)

and the program always checks for updates after restarting.

doesnt it recognize that the latest update is installed already without checking ?

This is currently done to make sure there are no missing /modified/corrupt files. But otherwise it only confirms the version numbers, and if they are up2date, there's no update check.

This will be improved in the next few weeks.

when I try to join a server with BETA 93040 it launches BETA 92767 instead.

I have 93040 installed manually already

also an option to always install and load the latest ARMAII beta would be nice

when I try to join a server with BETA 93040 it launches BETA 92767 instead.

I have 93040 installed manually already

also an option to always install and load the latest ARMAII beta would be nice

Currently the 92767 is the latest beta on the network, as said it usually awaits battleye support, and this time there were reports of increased crashing; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134709-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-93040-(1-60-MP-compatible-build-post-1-60-release)&p=2154793&viewfull=1#post2154793

and https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31784

We'll look into making it perhaps more flexible.

The full SU supports custom repositories, which would fit servers with different beta versions better, but requires server-side support :)

I can't join any servers using the launchers since it doesn't launch using the beta I have installed and all servers require the beta version (1.60). If I launch it manually everything works perfectly.

My arma games are installed to the CapsuleGames folder created by greenmangaming.

This thread needs stickied in this forum and the beginners forum.

Also, sb, could we just get a simple options menu that lets us select between running beta, not running, and automatically deciding based on server? Seems like the most intuitive way.

Using it now, thanks for sharing. <3

Just a warning, I had the six launcher (not the updater, the dayz launcher) running all day today. I just leave it open so it is faster to launch dayz. I started having major lag issues and it spread to everything on my machine. I checked the task manager and the launcher was using 1.6gig of memory and slowly counting up. Anyone know where to post a bug report?

Found a memory leak in the Six Launcher's Server list. Combined with Grouping Favorites from Servers (which disables a crucial memory saving feature of the server list),

this caused for quite high memory usages, even for Microsoft WPF / IronRuby ;-)

I've fixed the memory leak; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31873 and for the time being i've disabled the grouping feature temporary until improved; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31651 (The list is still sorted by Favorites and then amount of players by defeault, and re-sortable)

This majorly improves the memory usage and also sorting performance of the datagrid.

Will probably be deployed tomorrow. But if anyone likes to test it, put this latest exe version in the SIX Projects\SIX Updater folder: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18252370/SIX/pre/Six%20Launcher_hotfix1.7z

I can't join any servers using the launchers since it doesn't launch using the beta I have installed and all servers require the beta version (1.60). If I launch it manually everything works perfectly.

My arma games are installed to the CapsuleGames folder created by greenmangaming.

Heya, v1.60 is also an official patch (1.60.87548), just the beta is a newer version.

Sounds like a strange issue, mentioned distribution (CapsuleGames) is also unknown to me,

if still experiencing issues could you please create a ticket with the logfiles and details? http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

For more control over beta, read below.

Also, sb, could we just get a simple options menu that lets us select between running beta, not running, and automatically deciding based on server? Seems like the most intuitive way.

Cheers, ticketed; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31875

possible feature: Beta patch installation?:D I've had trouble getting it to work with the steam version.

@duncandun; i've added a download link to hotfix file for the Six Launcher memory issue, if you like to test it.

Re the beta; it should auto enable the beta when the server requires it, and i've not run into issues re Steam. If you are experiencing issues please create a ticket with logfiles and we'll investigate. http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

But also will look into more control over beta; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31875