9 replies to this topic

#1 xSyndicate

xSyndicate

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Ok so I was getting some loading problems on servers(getting stuck at loading) so I was going to try and re-install battleye through steam but when I press "Re-install BattlEye anti-cheat" I get a error saying MISSING STRING. I am currently on 1.7.2.4 and the latest beta patch. I tried manually installing battleye through the website but that didn't work either, tried uninstalling and reinstalling through BESetup, same issue. I managed to get into a server and everything is working fine but it still bothers me that whenever I try reinstalling battleye through steam I get a MISSING STRING error and it could be the reason why I get stuck at loading a lot.

#2 Mattolio

Mattolio

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

I am having this issue also. Just got kicked with a battle eye failed to update message. Thought i'd try re-installing battle eye through steam but I get 2 missing string errors. Nothing I've tried so far seems to fix it.

Edited by Mattolio, 27 July 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#3 BulletPROZ

BulletPROZ

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM .... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... :(

#4 xSyndicate

xSyndicate

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Yep, I have tried to do everything that I found through google and forums but nothing seems to work.

#5 Mattolio

Mattolio

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Also tried replacing the be dll's (http://www.battleye.com/download.html) and overwriting the ones at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye (both the client and server dll's).

Doesn't solve the issue. Going to uninstall be and see if it will then reinstall without error.

Well that didn't work - I believe it may be that, the server side battleeye files require updating?

Edited by Mattolio, 27 July 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#6 Demijebus

Demijebus

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hey everyone,
I was having the same problem linked with a kicking from every server i tried to join. In an attempt to solve the problem i went to re-install battleye and received the Missing String error. I wasn't able to solve the Missing String error but I did fix the Kick issue.

1 - open steam, right click arma2 OA, go to properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache ( it should find at least a couple errors and auto fix)
2 - open six updater and do a install, update mod and launch.

As far as the Missing string error i suggest a manual install of the newest version of Battleye direct from www.battleye.com/download.html

Hope this helps, i'm choosing to ignore the String error seeing as how i know i have the newest version manually installed.
  • Vestia gave their beans

#7 HadesWarpig

HadesWarpig

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Same issue here, nothing I have tried has worked to fix this.

#8 magikalcoffee

magikalcoffee

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hey everyone,
I was having the same problem linked with a kicking from every server i tried to join. In an attempt to solve the problem i went to re-install battleye and received the Missing String error. I wasn't able to solve the Missing String error but I did fix the Kick issue.

1 - open steam, right click arma2 OA, go to properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache ( it should find at least a couple errors and auto fix)
2 - open six updater and do a install, update mod and launch.

As far as the Missing string error i suggest a manual install of the newest version of Battleye direct from www.battleye.com/download.html

Hope this helps, i'm choosing to ignore the String error seeing as how i know i have the newest version manually installed.

this works just done it and im re-installing now thanks dude

#9 Mattolio

Mattolio

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

I didnt have to do anything - just got a successful update of be in-game and all seems ok.
  • vladimpales gave their beans

#10 Ingodet

Ingodet

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

So i tried:

Validating game cache
Manual download of Battleeye
Redownloaded both latest arma 2 patch and latest DayZ
Just "be in-game" but I didnt get any updates of any sort

Still getting kicked from every server. Am I doomed to a full reinstall?

Edit: Looks like this. The kick occurs when I try to enter a server, any server.
http://cloud.steampo...82ECBD72ACB12E/

Edited by Ingodet, 04 August 2012 - 11:13 AM.