FiX (DayZ)

[Vert Hosting] DayZ Servers | All maps supported! | New AUSTRALIAN location! | DayZ Unleashed!

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a server. I have a couple of questions.

1 - Can the servers be passworded?

2 - Is there a way to see a photo of the control panel and map. I'd like to see if its fairly easy to use. I had a server with Dayz.St but closed it today have not been happy in months.

Regards Brad.

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a server. I have a couple of questions.

1 - Can the servers be passworded?

2 - Is there a way to see a photo of the control panel and map. I'd like to see if its fairly easy to use. I had a server with Dayz.St but closed it today have not been happy in months.

Regards Brad.

Hi Brad,

Our servers can be password protected (through the config.cfg file).

Regarding pictures, please open a ticket on https://my.verthosting.com/

Hi all,

I bought a server from verthosting.com. The communication went very good. Apart from the ip and port number that were wrong everything was delivered pretty fast. The only problem is that the server isn't accesible. Whenever i try to connect i get stuck on the 'Wait for host screen'. The reason why i'm asking this here is because i live in a completely different time zone so this would take ages communicating with Verthosting. When i go to sleep, they will start working and the other way around. 

I looked every forum for more information, the problem here is i dont know what to look for, the problem could be anything.. I'm sure installed all the right files in the mod manager..

My question is whether somebody here want to take the effort to take a quick look into it. i'm not a complete noob on matters like these so communication will be not to hard :)

Nobody works for free so i'm prepared to pay a small fee on this.

Dayz Epoch panthera

Hi all,

I bought a server from verthosting.com. The communication went very good. Apart from the ip and port number that were wrong everything was delivered pretty fast. The only problem is that the server isn't accesible. Whenever i try to connect i get stuck on the 'Wait for host screen'. The reason why i'm asking this here is because i live in a completely different time zone so this would take ages communicating with Verthosting. When i go to sleep, they will start working and the other way around.

I looked every forum for more information, the problem here is i dont know what to look for, the problem could be anything.. I'm sure installed all the right files in the mod manager..

My question is whether somebody here want to take the effort to take a quick look into it. i'm not a complete noob on matters like these so communication will be not to hard :)

Nobody works for free so i'm prepared to pay a small fee on this.

Dayz Epoch panthera

Hello,

'Wait for host' normally indicates one of two things; the mission file has a critical error (and can't be loaded) or required content isn't being loaded (wrong command line).

You should be able to check the arma2oaserver.RPT (located in Bliss\) for the specific error.

If you haven't already, please open a ticket on https://my.verthosting.com/ and we'll be happy to take a further look into it for you.

Hi, our clan has been running on a VERT server for awhile and I've gotten involved with the care and feeding of the server.  We had been running the pre-v1.60 BEC scheduler command format like this...

<job id='0'>
<time>001000</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 -=GMA=- Chaos! Visit us at guildofmuteassassins.com</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

We've had reliability problems with the #shutdown in that it fails to restart about 40% of the time.  We already extended the BEC timeout parameter.

Anyway, we wanted to use the BEC v1.60+ scheduler.xls command format like this:

<job id='0'>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<start>000500</start>
<runtime>000500</runtime>
<loop>-1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 -=GMA=- Chaos! Visit us at guildofmuteassassins.com TEST SERVER</cmd>
</job>

Although it doesn't throw any errors, nor do any of the jobs execute. 

After spending the better part of a day, replacing line by line, command by command, and even uninstalling and reinstalling BEC through TCAdmin, the only conclusion I can come to is that the VERT server isn't running a version of BEC greater than 1.60.  Is there a way to get the latest version installed?  Or is that something I can actually do by FTP'ing the BEC executable and files into a directory? 

The new command format structure works flawlessly on my in-home server that is my primary development machine so I know it isn't an error within scheduler.xml itself.

Thanks,

Bob

Hey all, 

Just to have a more recent post, Vert Hosting is still doing an awesome job with their servers and especially their Customer Service. If you are thinking about switching to them or just starting; think no more, just do it!

Special thanks to Blake Irwin and James Warner for all your help!

Hello everyone, me and my friends are going to rent a server with this company tomorrow, tho, I have one last question to make: with the admin console, will be able to spawn vehicles manually like other hosts allow to do?

Hello everyone, me and my friends are going to rent a server with this company tomorrow, tho, I have one last question to make: with the admin console, will be able to spawn vehicles manually like other hosts allow to do?

Yes, manual spawning of vehicles through the database and via other tools (TSW, for example) is supported in our systems.

• Like 1

Yes, manual spawning of vehicles through the database and via other tools (TSW, for example) is supported in our systems.

Awesome, really, is impressive how fast you are to answer.

Talked with Blake some days ago, tho, had still this doubt so I wanted to clarify it: tomorrow we'll order it, thank you again!

Guys, something is wrong at the moment?

We ordered some scripts three days ago and yesterday you told us that they were almost complete, tho, no answer from that moment. Just wondering if you are having some general problems or something.

Guys, something is wrong at the moment?

We ordered some scripts three days ago and yesterday you told us that they were almost complete, tho, no answer from that moment. Just wondering if you are having some general problems or something.

If you haven't already, would you mind bumping the support ticket for the script install?

All tickets older than 24 hours have been updated at this point in time - it's possible that yours has slipped off of the queue.

Greetings,

Quick question here to Verthosting staff, is it possible to order and host older DayZ Chernarus server running version such as 1.7.2.6 for example.

Cheers.

Edited by zyad

Greetings,

Quick question here to Verthosting staff, is it possible to order and host older DayZ Chernarus server running version such as 1.7.2.6 for example.

Cheers.

Yes, that is fine - please specify which version you would like in your orders notes.

Please note that this may extend the set up time marginally, as it will have to be processed manually.

• Like 1

36 hours passed again, bumped the ticket.

That's unusual; what is your ticket ID so that I can look it up for you? (If you don't feel comfortable posting it here, please email james (at) verthosting (dot) com)

That's unusual; what is your ticket ID so that I can look it up for you? (If you don't feel comfortable posting it here, please email james (at) verthosting (dot) com)

No problem for me posting it here, especially cuz I don't know if I've sent the email to the right person X'D.

Hello i just got a server from vert and i am CLULESSS as to what the heck i am doing some help would much appreciated. if someone out there had ts and i could ask questions  i would be so happy.

-Robbie 

Hi Robbie,

Feel free to hop on our support TS (ts.verthosting.com) or contact us on any of our other contact methods (Skype, email, support ticket, etc).